Retirement visa agent recommendations

5 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Immigration would require evidence of 12 x 65K THB monthly overseas transfers, so he would need 800K THB doing it himself.

He could and does however meet the income requirement to obtain the Non Imm O visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in the US to enter Thailand.
Then use an agent for the first annual extension.

I know.

I was pointing out he doesn't need both, as he was suggesting in his post.

Edited by youreavinalaff

14 hours ago, ME100 said:

Hi All,

First off I apologize for not being able to use this site properly. I MAY understand more how to know!

Anyway, I  know I need an Agent to help me get my first Non-O Thai retirement visa. I only have the income required (3K, Social Security) and I do not have 800,000 baht additional. So, can a good agent, who is utterly reliable, to get this done for me under these conditions? 

I would like to live in Bangkok or Pattaya but - if required, I can live anywhere in the country the agent needs. I am 81 years old, from the USA, and not currently in Thailand.

I'm looking for trusted referrals for an agent who people have used and are very happy with please.

Thanks for all your help!

i sent you a message I did it last year.

14 hours ago, ME100 said:

Hi All,

First off I apologize for not being able to use this site properly. I MAY understand more how to know!

Anyway, I  know I need an Agent to help me get my first Non-O Thai retirement visa. I only have the income required (3K, Social Security) and I do not have 800,000 baht additional. So, can a good agent, who is utterly reliable, to get this done for me under these conditions? 

I would like to live in Bangkok or Pattaya but - if required, I can live anywhere in the country the agent needs. I am 81 years old, from the USA, and not currently in Thailand.

I'm looking for trusted referrals for an agent who people have used and are very happy with please.

Thanks for all your help!

1st 90 day visa needs show 800,000 in bank, income not accepted first year
You NEED BE IN THAILAND
Thai visa centre if u dont have the baht

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I have never paid to open a bank account. Only requirement has been the  100 baht for ATM.

Have you not been reading all the threads about how it has become considerably more difficult to open bank accounts since about a year ago, especially if you arrive on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt entry?

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

Have you not been reading all the threads about how it has become considerably more difficult to open bank accounts since about a year ago, especially if you arrive on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt entry?

I have, yes.

8 hours ago, ME100 said:

Guys,  Thank You Thank You for these great referrals and urls to visit!  Just what I needed.  I am happy to pay a good Agent who can successfully handle everything for me.  I will follow up on these promptly.

All the Best to you in 2024!  :biggrin:

I would not do anything from outside of Thailand.

As suggested best us get a 3 month visa.  Land on the ground sort out where you want to live then find an agent.

@DrJack54

Did something change I didn't think you need the 800 for the initial request.

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

In one case I know of, the chap had to leave the country without a re-entry permit to kill off the agent-assisted extension and apply for a new non-O in a neighbouring country.

That is correct.

He would require a new non O.

As you know the financials are checked retrospectively. 

Believe after killing off the existing non O he could also reenter visa exempt and obtain the non O with 800k in bank.

All bit irrelevant as he doesn't have the dosh and at 81 thinking agent is good option given his age.

I for one will certainly be using agent if I make mid 70,s

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, proton said:

Extensions issued from another province via bribery is common, but clearly illegal and you get stuck with an agent

Presumably you're saying this for the OP's benefit because I don't give a rat's 🤣🤣🤣

Sounds to me as though you should reconsider your desire to live in Thailand. Given the situation you describe you will be fringe legal, and will face ongoing hassle here.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, proton said:

Then he does not qualify to be here on a retirement extension and should stay at home, no doubt no medical insurance either. At 81 he would just become a burden on other people for medical costs, or another go fund me. Needs to start acting responsibly, it's not too late!

Nothing like a half empty glass! I can imagine you being a bundle of laughs at your local?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

100% wrong.

The OP asked a simple question.

Think at age of 81 he has the right to make a call on what he wants, which appears to be use agent for non O and subsequent extensions and live in Thailand. 

Folk standing on a dias preaching, provide poor advice. 

what is wrong is stating an extension via an agent from a province you do not live in via bribery is illegal?. Preaching has nothing to do with it, it's the law. Extensions via bribery should not be encouraged on here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

You, Sir, are an idiot.  The guy is 80+ years, not a pauper, just looking for help.  Stay at home?  Advice which is neither appreciated, nor wanted.

If he has the means he can fill a simple form without having to depend on a leeching agent involved in corruption, if he does not he should indeed stay at home. He asked for advice, thats mine. If he needs his hand held just to get an extension he will not be able to cope with all the other problems here he will come up against, you can't get an agent for everyday life and at 81 he will find it tough going here.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Why don't you find another hobby, you nasty little toad? I can't imagine how empty your life must be that you have to get your jollies trolling retirement visa threads on here.

Ah, no argument so a personal attack, if you have nothing to say on the subject why resort to name calling? Do use use an agent?

Edited by proton

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What ongoing hassle.

One ongoing hassle would be relying on agents to take care of your visa needs.

Giving government property willingly  to complete  strangers may revoke your passport priviledges especially if the passport gets "lost".

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I said "I've never paid to open a bank account".

Which implies that it's easy to open a bank account without the use of an agent. If the OP follows you're advice hell probably end up in the hospital after schlepping all around Pattaya or Bangkok looking for a bank that he doesn't have to "pay" to get them to open an account.

11 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Which implies that it's easy to open a bank account without the use of an agent. If the OP follows you're advice hell probably end up in the hospital after schlepping all around Pattaya or Bangkok looking for a bank that he doesn't have to "pay" to get them to open an account.

I didn't give advice. I said " I've never paid to open a bank account".

2 hours ago, proton said:

If he has the means he can fill a simple form without having to depend on a leeching agent involved in corruption, if he does not he should indeed stay at home. He asked for advice, thats mine. If he needs his hand held just to get an extension he will not be able to cope with all the other problems here he will come up against, you can't get an agent for everyday life and at 81 he will find it tough going here.

Some good points.