Thai student suffers brutal punishment for playing game in computer lab

webfact

This is Child abuse end of, but without a hospital/doctors examination report, can't be proved, grandad also needs a kick up his ass, for not bringing charges or by the sound of it taking him to a hospital for a check up, it is possible to have a blood clot to his brain.

And what is the point of the photo an empty classroom that is not a even computer room.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Modern Coding said:

image.png.98cf42234794814c2ba5e76c3a310560.png

or another way of looking at things

Those who can , do

Those who can't , teach

Those who can't teach , teach P.E.  ( or EFL) 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

make him a better human being? It'll make him think twice before he does it again. If there is no punishment there is no deterrent and chaos reigns. It's why we have laws, to control the masses. 

No, punishment in this case, - and it's all about this case only - will not change his mind. So give him additional education in pedagogy. And give him assistance in better teaching. Some social work in a Kindergarten might be useful as well.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

This i what happens whe the teachers are incompetent.

Thai teachers have no real university degree in teaching. They need at least a bachelors degree. No wonder Thai students get more stupid for every generation. 

2 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

So give him additional education in pedagogy. And give him assistance in better teaching. Some social work in a Kindergarten might be useful as well.

You do realise where you are right?   "social work in a Kindergarten"   "Education in pedagogy" :cheesy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

This i what happens whe the teachers are incompetent.

Thai teachers have no real university degree in teaching. They need at least a bachelors degree. No wonder Thai students get more stupid for every generation. 

Same as everywhere. Where are you living?😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfc1980 said:

My mum used to beat me for the most trivial of things e.g falling in the river after building a rope swing across it and I still <deleted> hate her for it. Plus, it never stopped me from building swings every summer. All it did was teach me how NOT to raise children. I'm proud to say I've never hit my 2 children and I never will. Sure they can be a pain in the arse at times and get up to mischief but they're defenceless kids who need adults to model acceptable behaviour. NOT to teach them that it's ok to smack someone if you're angry with them. 

Well, it seems as if your and mine opinion in education are still not very common and brutality and violence are ruling still a lot of stoneheads. Our opinions are pushed aside as idiocy, as it was stated above. It's a shame actually and embarrassing to read.😵‍💫

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Following the incident, the teacher visited A’s home to apologise. Though Sompan did not press charges, he appealed to the teacher not to repeat such actions, stressing that young children do not fully understand right from wrong.

Sompan should press charges, this teacher assaulted a child.

They must be taught that there are other methods of discipline and ways to sort out un-ruley children.

Beating them is  not one of them.

I doubt the school will follow this one up and punish the teacher either.

Why do I have the feeling there is more to this story?  Again, beating to that extent is wrong, but I am sure that there is more to this story.

Again I wish papers followed up on these stories.

• Agree 1

While I agree that the teacher should not have gotten involved, I bet the kid hit his head under the desk, and that the teacher was attacked by the student and threatened or stuck by the student. perhaps in a painful region. He probably asked the student to hand over his phone and then took it. I can assure you that 90 percent of kids go mental when their phones are taken by the teacher/parent. They are addicted to them and have no self-control. As a teacher I have been offered death, and serious harm, in Thai schools you you will receive no help from others. So if you do nothing you lose the learning curve and respect from the students, and if you insist on rules, students will jump lessons, complain, and cause teachers problems. Thank goodness I have retired.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bfc1980 said:

My mum used to beat me for the most trivial of things e.g falling in the river after building a rope swing across it and I still <deleted> hate her for it. Plus, it never stopped me from building swings every summer. All it did was teach me how NOT to raise children. I'm proud to say I've never hit my 2 children and I never will. Sure they can be a pain in the arse at times and get up to mischief but they're defenceless kids who need adults to model acceptable behaviour. NOT to teach them that it's ok to smack someone if you're angry with them. 

I aged you a carefully reasoned argument that attacked your cherished (and stupid) view that children should never be smacked under any circumstances. You have no arguments to support your cherished belief, only emotional beliefs based on nothing at all. As I explained it is about 'outcomes', and in my opinion the previous generations methods of punishment produced superior results based on young people crimes (perhaps you missed the wave of youth stabbings in Britain).

My opinions and the reasons for them, I have articulated clearly. And you can disagree, but where the hell do you get off calling me a 'sick b@stard' for holding my view, which is perfectly acceptable for people of my age and has had my, admittedly working class, my upbringing.

By your self confession, your mum's method of upbringing raised you as a model and perfect citizen, who didn't even  his kids, which is exactly what I am saying. Spare the rod and spoilt child. As I said earlier, your beliefs are of zero consequence, none at all. It is out ones that matter, not silly beliefs about harms done by spanking children discipline. 

So how did your kids turn out? I'm imagining that they are now in prison for GBH or some major crime having had no discipline although you will tell me they are model and perfect citizens just like you are.

I think you are sick b@stard, and a hypocrite to boot.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Following the incident, the teacher visited A’s home to apologise. Though Sompan did not press charges, he appealed to the teacher not to repeat such actions, stressing that young children do not fully understand right from wrong.

Sompan should press charges, this teacher assaulted a child.

They must be taught that there are other methods of discipline and ways to sort out un-ruley children.

Beating them is  not one of them.

I doubt the school will follow this one up and punish the teacher either.

Many Thai teachers apprear to my sadistic child abusers, completely unsuited for the profession, who get their 'jollies' from getting away with this kind of behaviour.

And the Thai state is an enabler of this depravity!

Edited by Ricardo99
Typo
  • Confused 1

The headline , was intended to promote  the usual outrage from liberal types, and has certainly succeeded, they have, as expected gone off at full throttle, despite having no Idea about what actually happened, and no details regarding the severity  of the alleged injuries 

Do any of the outraged even know what Takraw is?   Attempting to play it in class room full of desks and computers could certainly result in some nasty injuries too, not to mention the potential damage to furniture and expensive computer hardware resulting in disruption of education for all the other kids. Is

According to the linked article its not the first time that the brat had been told not to do this, by the sound of things he had been told several times that his behaviour would not be tolerated yet continued to do so  I'm not suggesting that he deserved to be beaten up if that is what actually happened, but a clip round the ear is in my opinion a natural progression in punishment for persistently out of control kids, many of whom fear little else   

The situation seems to have been brought to a relatively amicable conclusion by all involved, A Thai solution to a Thai problem one might say, with none of the ill informed and disproportional virtue signalling hysteria demonstrated by some members commenting on here

One member even being referred to as a "sick b@stard" simply for relating his experiences whilst  growing up and expressing views contrary to those held by another.  And another expressing undying hatred for his mother, simply for receiving a well deserved slap

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Why do I have the feeling there is more to this story?  Again, beating to that extent is wrong, but I am sure that there is more to this story.

Again I wish papers followed up on these stories.

further detail might well diminish the intended hysterical reactions

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cowellandrew said:

I can see he nearly that damaged that xz64

I presume you are attempting to refer to  zx64 spectrum computer in a sad attempt to criticise the standard of equipment available in small upcounty schools ?     your example is ridiculous,  it does not matter what the equipment was, or how old it was ,the fact of the matter is, it is all they have  and if it gets damaged they will have nothing.    

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ricardo99 said:

Many Thai teachers apprear to my sadistic child abusers

well when it comes to child abuse the "progressive" English teaching community certainly have more than enough skeletons in the cupboard. I fully expect a dignified silence from them regarding this. if they have any sense that is

28 minutes ago, Ricardo99 said:

Many Thai teachers apprear to my sadistic child abusers, completely unsuited for the profession, who get their 'jollies' from getting away with this kind of behaviour.

And the Thai state is an enabler of this depravity!

Where does the 'many' 'sadistic child abusers' come from? 'Many', in this context implies that a substantial proportion of teachers are sadistic child abusers....and sadism actually mean they derive sexual stimulation by beating children. This is patent nonsense. Where the hell do you get such information from, the few instances of a child punished overly harshly that have been reported over the years? The incidence of sadists, like pedophiles in society is extremely low (1 or 2% at most from memory and would never be classified as 'many' or a high proportion).

There are brutes, bullies and abusive people in every institution, police, teaching, nursing, and many others. Indeed almost anywhere anyone has power they abuse it, even if it doesn't cause direct physical harm to others. 

• Agree 1