Snake Caught at Cafe Amazon in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

A snake was caught at a Café Amazon outlet on Pattaya Third Road on Saturday evening.

The cafe employee, Ms. Chonthicha Saenkhonyang, 19, spotted a large snake inside the Café Amazon premises located in North Pattaya around 5:30 PM on January 6th.

The snake, later identified as a non-venomous but potentially aggressive copperhead racer, had found its way into a narrow space under the coffee counter, scaring staff members and customers.

Ms. Chonthicha promptly evacuated the cafe and contacted the Pattaya Disaster Prevention Center. Officers upon arrival devised a strategy to safely extract the reptile, employing a snake hook and coaxing the creature out from its hiding spot. Although the snake initially attempted to evade capture, the officers eventually secured it successfully as seen on the video here.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arick said:

Copper head harmless unlike the king in my yard last week. 

Haven't been seeing snakes much for a while at my place.... I suspect because houses got built on what was empty land adjacent. Don't know why they would be surprised to get the odd ones in town.  Plenty of drainage pipes now for them to live in. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, arick said:

Copper head harmless unlike the king in my yard last week. 

You had Charles over for a barbeque?

To be fair, Charles is also fairly harmless unless you cheat on him But his brother on the other hand......

20 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Most snake wranglers release them in a safe area away from people.

Well we are in  the centre of town and I hope they can be bothered.

I had to call out the guys of Sawang Boriboon to get rid of a water monitor at my place and they already had a few Cobras in bags on their truck.... I got an impression they were in no hurry to release the critters.. the snakes being from the day before at least. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

potentially aggressive copperhead racer,

The name alone scares me.  I like to think I could outdistance any snake over 100 yards whilst running backwards.