Thai actress slams Russian police and airline inaction after luggage theft

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Sig said:

What idiotic lunacy.
"The only way you can do to avoid theft is to carry valuables with you and be alert. Thieves are everywhere.”  Duhhhh No Sh** Sherlock! Especially in Thailand! Oops... I mean Russia? That is the norm no matter where on this planet you go!
And she relies on a translation app to be so certain that she only got vulgarities from the Russian police? lol  Well, it might be accurate, but it might also have been well deserved! From the tenor of the article, I'd go with the latter. The eye-rolling from Aeroflot staff was likely just as well-deserved. I can almost hear the shrill entitled complaining now....
I think the police and the Aeroflot staff were thinking something along the lines of, Who on earth is stupid enough to use unlocked designer luggage (assumption) and carry expensive easily pocketable, expensive, designer goods and not keep their attention on their luggage in a Russian airport!!?? Hilarious how this makes news that is apparently intended to make her look like such a poor victim, but reveals more of the level of sheer stupidity.

The final 2 words sums it nicely. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jack Hammer said:

Why was she, her sister and father in Russia?  Were they on vacation or had an enormous monetary offer to do some acting?

I've sent her an SMS, I'll let you know when she gets back to me, Jack! :whistling:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sirineou said:
11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Boring.

Sorry i failed to entertain  you? I will try harder next time.

Perapse a song and a bit of dancing might be more agreeable with you? 

no it's not like that. your comment was kinda creepy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Celsius said:

and hiso just don't go together.

Sorry.

So what other airline than Aeroflot can you recommend to use from Murmansk to Moscow?

Edited by Xonax
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Even better advice would have been never travel to Russia under any circumstances, it is not some place you need to go, you do not want to subject yourself to their nonsense and their extreme official behavior. Avoid Russia like the plague, it is hell on earth, do not go, do not consider it, eliminate it from your list of possibilities. 

Avoid the land of King Vlad and his filthy military, FSB, hitmen, and police. 

Well that was a comprehensive coverage of Russia and its people if a tiny bit coloured by American 'reds under the bed' bias.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

be careful... maybe she get defamation charges by Russian police and airport employers...That would be the case in Thailand, but stupid.. Valuable things should be in your hand luggage and not in check in luggage...

I was thinking exactly the same....

Anyone travelling to that corrupt <deleted>e hole deserves all they get.

Even it's own citizens don't want to be there and those they can have fled elsewhere, notably here and places like Georgia etc

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

She looks to me like any other Thai woman in front of a camera desperate for attention "look at me!"  "look at me!"!

And all the Thai motor bike riders who puncture their exhaust pipes to let you know they're coming.

Is the woman claiming to have put valuables into her checked in suitcase worth over $7000?

Wouldn't do it anywhere and certainly not on a domestic flight in many many other countries, Russia and Thailand included. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pim added that she found out that many other things were stolen after she checked them carefully when she arrived in Thailand.

How much is a thing worth nowadays? :coffee1:

it seems like people have be warned for years not to put valuables in checked luggage. Many airports put cctv in the bag sorting areas but there are ways to get stuff.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stoner said:

no it's not like that. your comment was kinda creepy. 

That's not what you said.  You said boring. 

By the way, is there any one among you that if you met up with her would act differently than the way I described? 

13 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

As long as she has motives to praise those similar sought services at home....

Do you have evidence .  Over 20 years traveling into and out of Thailand and never any  thing taken from luggage. People say stuff due to ignorance or just being racist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That's not what you said.  You said boring. 

By the way, is there any one among you that if you met up with her would act differently than the way I described? 

i said what ?  you are confusing me with someone else my man. and no i wouldn't act like you described. you described a simp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

i said what ?  you are confusing me with someone else my man. and no i wouldn't act like you described. you described a simp. 

Oh ok you are not the one who originally reacted to my post. you are one who  interrupted my conversation with someone else  to tell me what you thought. 

IMO that's kind of creepie and definitely rude. 

Are you a rude person my man.  Or are you some kind of stoner. 

Are stones now? You sound like you are. 

• Haha 1

So the obvious question is if this had happened and she was an ordinary person, as opposed to an 'actress' would this be in the news?

This kind of thing happens everyday somewhere, stuff getting stolen from bags, it used to be very common in Thailand at one time.

• Agree 2

Who would fly to Russia today?  That country is a mess.  Could care less how many 90 visas they get for coming here, anyone who trust their money or valuables in that country, at this moment, deserves what happens to them.

39 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

In Phuket airport I noticed all the Russians get their luggage wrapped with many layers of plastic wrap. I see a message there for anyone travelling to Russia.

Exactly....the Russians I meet here always warn me to never travel their unless you do an in-depth research about where you are going and pay, if necessary for someone to help you through the process.  It is not a welcoming country for Western folks, especially Black Americans.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Oh ok you are not the one who originally reacted to my post. you are one who  interrupted my conversation with someone else  to tell me what you thought. 

IMO that's kind of creepie and definitely rude. 

Are you a rude person my man.  Or are you some kind of stoner. 

Are stones now? You sound like you are. 

think what you want. you just freaking out now because you were called out on it. 

there fixed it for you big fella. my bad. 

Edited by stoner
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Even better advice would have been never travel to Russia under any circumstances, it is not some place you need to go, you do not want to subject yourself to their nonsense and their extreme official behavior. Avoid Russia like the plague, it is hell on earth, do not go, do not consider it, eliminate it from your list of possibilities. 

Avoid the land of King Vlad and his filthy military, FSB, hitmen, and police. 

thats the people never gone to real russia , thats prejudices. to many talking waht they never seen except in Tv or an airport stopover

i always like go back, visited from UKR to RUS,KZ,KY,UZ ,AZ ,all my prejudices was gone after a while traveling in the east ,at last  visits 2021,2022 and 2023

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, stoner said:

think what you.

First of all you are the one who calls himself a stoner.

Second ," think what you."This makes a lot of sense!! Not stoner behaviour at all:cheesy:

I am freaking out? who is the one who cant speak straight?