Why Are Readers Here...So...Interested in...God-Related Topics???

For many years, I have thought about this question.

Why is it that readers here so clearly love Topics which have anything to do with God?

What is the fascination, anyway?

If you've seen One God, then you've seen them all.

So then, why the fascination?

Is it that some believe that the next God Topic will be better than the last?

Or, what?

Most adults I know rarely even mention God.

So why the God Obsession here, anyway?

Here on TV, it seems that almost everybody is interested in commenting on only two discussions concerning what?

GOD and GIRLS

GOD and GIRLS

Everyday, it's just the same old thing.....

Why can't we have ...

DEVIL and DAMES

DEVIL and DAMES...

For a change?

There is no logic in this world....

Regards,...

Gamma

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

There is really nothing as important to know as whether God exists. Blaise Pascal's wager explains the reason. It always seem to me that the wager is a useful idea that can be more widely applied eg to climate change....the 'scientists' seem to have been coerced into becoming the champions for the green lobbying industry and perhaps this has caused many people to deny the man-made climate change theory. But what are the consequences of the 'scientists' being wrong? Well we all in conveniences a bit! But what are the consequences of the 'deniers' being wrong? Extinction. Same with god's existence, I don't believe that any god exists...but what if I'm wrong? Eternal damnation. Thus, the question of God's existence fascinates me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the upsurge in these threads on here is led by people from one particular country which is fast becoming a Christian theocracy in the style of an Iran or Afghanistan. 

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I think the upsurge in these threads on here is led by people from one particular country which is fast becoming a Christian theocracy in the style of an Iran or Afghanistan. 

Now what country could that be I wonder? Fortunately the British god botherers  left England and landed in the Americas in 1620. Us Brits said "Thank god for that" and began losing interest in god and religion. It certainly does not colour British politics as it does in the United States. Thank god:wink:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

For many years, I have thought about this question.

Why is it that readers here so clearly love Topics which have anything to do with God?

What is the fascination, anyway?

Is it that some believe that the next God Topic will be better than the last?

Or, what?

Most adults I know rarely even mention God.

So why the God Obsession here, anyway?

Here on TV, it seems that almost everybody is interested in commenting on only two discussions concerning what?

GOD and GIRLS

GOD and GIRLS

Everyday, it's just the same old thing.....

Why can't we have ...

DEVIL and DAMES

DEVIL and DAMES...

For a change?

There is no logic in this world....

Regards,...

Gamma

"I feel that religion is like defecation: best done in private and without drawing unnecessary attention to it."

https://richarddawkins.net/2012/10/how-tolerant-do-we-have-to-be/

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:44 AM, Enoon said:

"I feel that religion is like defecation: best done in private and without drawing unnecessary attention to it."

https://richarddawkins.net/2012/10/how-tolerant-do-we-have-to-be/

Over two thousand years ago Jesus said the same thing about prayer, just in a less crass manner.   

On 1/9/2024 at 8:19 AM, retarius said:

I don't believe that any god exists...but what if I'm wrong? Eternal damnation. Thus, the question of God's existence fascinates me. 

Why would you automatically assume eternal damnation? We keep getting told by believers their god is merciful.

45 minutes ago, connda said:

Why Are Readers Here...So...INTERESTED in...God-Related Topics???

Because GammaGobulin keeps posting them?

Wait.

Your hypothesis seems unlikely.

Nobody is interested in reading the topics I post, in most cases, god-related, or not.

Am I wrong?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why would you automatically assume eternal damnation? We keep getting told by believers their god is merciful.

God is a pile of doo-doo and anyone who believe in life after death is a solipsistic pile of doo-doo. I am talking about Pascal Blaine's argument, and not saying whether I afgree with him or not. I don't obviously because I'm not a superstitious moron. 

On 1/9/2024 at 4:55 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Lol

You've seen God? Or do you mean religion? Do you know the difference? 

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

And that's the reason why you started this thread...

I started this Topic to ask the question why god-related topics seem so popular and rack up so many views and comments/

What is it about the readers that makes them find such topics so fascinating, riveting, and worthy of discussion

Science seems far more interesting, just to name one of many topics more interesting than god or fantasy, or things that cannot be detected using the most advanced technology.

I guess that some/many people are not that interested in Natural Science, obviously.

They prefer things like Freud and Fantasy.

I was just asking because such minds are completely alien to me, that's all.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:34 AM, Old Croc said:

How many guesses do I get, Old Croc?  :laugh: