Viral Video of Foreigner Urinating Off the Back of a TukTuk in Phuket Enrages Thai Social Media Users

webfact

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The usual hypocritical paragons of virtue having never done anything daft or potentially offensive in their lives are out in force again!

No children saw him?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bravefart said:

Little prepubescent boy should refrain from making immature statements .

By definition, how could a "Little prepubescent boy" (to use your rather worrying choice of words) make a statement that was anything but immature?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:
19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The usual hypocritical paragons of virtue having never done anything daft or potentially offensive in their lives are out in force again!

No children saw him?

I don't know, neither do you.  Did any children see him? There weren't any on the 'tuk tuk'.

But he was only taking a leak, he wasn't knocking one out.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't know, neither do you.  Did any children see him?  

Potentially they did, right?

Potentially, they didn't, right?   Maybe he checked before hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I provided etymology. It didn't mention potato. Might want to retract your personal attack or step up and provide some etymology

Where is the personal attack? Send me your bank account details and I will contribute to a fund for some counseling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A video clip of a foreign man who was standing and urinating on the back of a Tuk Tuk in Patong has gone viral on social media this week, causing outrage and anger from many Thai social media users who demanded the foreigner be arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that on Monday (January 8th) they checked and identified the Tuk Tuk driver as Mr. Prathan Boonteam. He told police that the incident was two months ago, however, and believed the tourist was now long gone from Thailand.

Prathan recalled that on the day of question he picked up several foreign passengers from the Bangla Road to take to a local hotel. One of the foreign men was standing at the back of the Tuk Tuk and urinating onto the road openly, appearing to be heavily intoxicated. The driver decided to head to the Patong Police Station but the foreign man jumped off the Tuk Tuk and sped away.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Amazing that he is multi-tasking. Urinating and hanging on at the same time.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Potentially, they didn't, right?   Maybe he checked before hand.

Sure he did.

We'll never know but, then, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Unacceptable at every level! :mad:  We all absolutely 'have to go right now' sometimes (especially us 'seasoned' folks), but show a modicum of maturity, please.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, captnhoy said:

Good question. I'd say Brit or Aussie?

Saw an Aussie one night about 2130, lots of people around in Banglar road, standing on the foot path with his mates and take a leak on the road, my Thai girlfriend was not impressed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've lost count of the times I've seen Thais urinating in public and that includes women. Last one was a mother and daughter(?) stall holder outside my local 7/11. They just squatted down and did it next to their stall.  

I saw a Thai girl poo in the gutter in soi 6. Right in front of queen vic

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

It isn't nice, but then every country where people drink to excess faces this issue. In the UK there isn't a specific law against urinating in the street, but local rules might get you for disorderly conduct. Doesn't seem to stop people finding a convenient (no pun intended) wall down a side street. In France you used to be able to pee up against a tree or into the gutter but that seems to have been banned now. Doesn't stop Frenchmen from peeing in the street though. A lack of enough public urinals is probably a cause. Wish Thailand had them.

image.png.0f8c83762f70152bb464a67b375c7c8d.png

I remember seeing something similar in Amsterdam back in the mid 90’s.

Its one thing to need to go but dripping it down the centre of the road is pretty poor form.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DudleySquat said:

I am not a farang. When I hear that word, I always ask the speaker in Thai where it is. 

Farang is like schmuck. Why call yourself something derogatory? 

Should I call myself DudleySquat ?

Damn, that’s already taken…

🙄

Edited by HighPriority
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I saw an old Thai lady squatting and urinating at the bus stop while everyone was waiting.  No one said a word.  Saw many taxi drivers which of all people should know the way to a restroom but instead urinate infront of children.  It's normal to <deleted> on the sidewalk in Thailand.

9 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Sometime you just gotta pee. What's the alternative? Let your pee drible down your legs and trousers? This can be a major problem for older men with an enlarged prostate.

The alternative would have been to jump off the tuk tuk and "shoot off" up the nearest side street/soi, but in this case it doesn't appear to be an older man with an enlarged prostate! 

Happens everywhere in the world maybe not at the back of a red bus.But thais are no different to any one.I have seen them doing the call of nature in all sorts of places and try to be private if possible.Go to kenya you see ladies just  squat in a park or behind a bush let it flow get up and continue walking.No one bothers or care and everyone goes back to what they were doing.

it's the trash that doesn't make it to the bins that bothers me. somehow thais would rather drop trash from their hand or leave it where they finish eating than dispose of it properly. trash in the parks, trash on the sidewalks, trash in the markets. I would rather everyone piss in the streets and throw their trash in the cans. at least half the population urinates in public as it is