Great Guitarists

45 minutes ago, NextG said:

Able, but not willing 😊 A not so subtle difference…. and of course you are wrong about ‘popular in their own right’. I’m beginning to think that you really don’t know what you are talking about. 
Without naming names, as I really cannot be bothered to spend too much time on this, someone might have copied an obscure blues guitarist. Know to the local scene but not popular in the sense of worldwide or even countrywide acclaim. 
Famous guitarist brings the style to a wider audience. Everyone, but the few who know, thinks the famous guitarist is the originator. 
Please don’t go on, it’s tedious. If you don’t agree, it’s fine. I worked with Universal/SONY and lots of smaller outfits too, so I have some idea of the music biz. 

That's what I thought, thanks! 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:32 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

In my book....the TOP THREE all-time GREATS of Guitar, non-classical....ARE;

J. Beck.

Jeff Beck...and...

JEFF BECK:

So solly that J.Beck died far too young.....

Nice Guy, too, I think....

Met him at LA airport, 1979, right miserable git.

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 2

On 1/9/2024 at 11:08 PM, StreetCowboy said:

Have you ever walked in to a pub and ordered fries for the band because they sounded like they were Duane Eddy?

Man walks into a bar.

Stepdad tells this story. Got out of Uni and immediately drafted. Not good, well not bad, as right before Vietnam, missed it by a hair. Based in California, but an outbreak of what today we call “norovirus” eventually forced the army to close & clean rebuild it. Yep. So what to do with 50K soldiers? They were split up and sent to other bases all around the US.

He found himself in Texas, boring, but there was a local bar with good music. House band was more than good. Strange too, as the two guys fronting the band, my god they were ugly. Sickly looking too. It was only on their 2nd or 3rd visit, when they saw them with the lights on, realized they were albinos. Yep, Johnny and Edgar Winter. One of their first paying gigs.