Donald Trump's New York fraud trial wraps up, with millions of dollars on the line

CharlieH

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The question is whether he flipped.

From the link above:

As part of the plea talks, Weisselberg was not expected to turn on Trump and will not testify against him at the New York criminal hush money case scheduled to start later this month, the people said.

• Sad 1

On 3/2/2024 at 10:34 PM, Danderman123 said:

You never wrote anything about whether Trump committed asset valuation fraud. Here's a hint for you: Trump told the banks that he was worth billions. But now that he has to pay a fine, he's virtually broke. Which is an admission that he overstated his assets previously.

Any professional bank does due diligence prior to the loan being approved, if the bank skipped that step then bad luck I guess. Its not uncommon for assets to be over valued whether intentionally or due to market trends but Banks will only lend a percentage of the total value, you and I will never know the truth so no point in spectulating what really happened. If you haven't worked out what is going on in the world then thats unfortunate for you, I guess you will be telling me next how Covid was a naturally occurring virus and that Pfizer with the help of WHO/Gates & Fauci etc did a brilliant job creating a vaccine to save us all despite knowing full well that the vaccine had 9 pages of known side effects of which a number are fatal.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Any professional bank does due diligence prior to the loan being approved, if the bank skipped that step then bad luck I guess. Its not uncommon for assets to be over valued whether intentionally or due to market trends but Banks will only lend a percentage of the total value, you and I will never know the truth so no point in spectulating what really happened. 

You obviously have been exposed to a lot of conspiracy theories, but not a lot of facts.

Banks cannot perform due diligence on cash flow analysis, they rely on the accounting materials presented to them. If those materials are fraudulent, there's not much they can do except to ask for backup, which can also be faked.

All you are really saying is that Trump was really good at fraud.

Plus, he conned you, too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You obviously have been exposed to a lot of conspiracy theories, but not a lot of facts.

Banks cannot perform due diligence on cash flow analysis, they rely on the accounting materials presented to them. If those materials are fraudulent, there's not much they can do except to ask for backup, which can also be faked.

All you are really saying is that Trump was really good at fraud.

Plus, he conned you, too.

No I never said that but if that's how you would like to interpret it up to you!