Re inventing yourself again

I think "visualisation" is the key 

Many bar owners obviously visualised whilst they were working their factory jobs etc back in their home country before they took control of a bar .

I have visualised sitting on a leather seat with my leg crossed over my other one with a clipboard and pen listening to a patient and him calling me Doctor George 

The person sitting next to me at the bus stop I overheard saying he needs a psychiatrist! 

If it makes you fell better, we all at one time or another, need a psychiatrist, as this world become way too much to bare for many of us...

Edited by ezzra
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The person sitting next to me at the bus stop I overheard saying he needs a psychiatrist! 

If it makes you fell better, we all at one time or another, need a psychiatrist, as this world become way too much to bare for many of us...

Just need a beer, not a psychiatrist 

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Thankyou Ezzra 

That's what I feel I'm here for now  reinventing myself from hospital cleaner to a psychiatrist to help people!

I feel I have been called like a life changing experience 

In Japan they are called the "Johatsu", literally means "evaporated people", 80,000 every year decide remove themselves from society, their job--marriage , family etc.

And Just slide away--- That's really reinventing yourself, not just taking another job .................

I must be mad..first time-.I am actually answering one of your post, whats next, answering,  ezza, or Big whats his name...............:w00t:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

In Japan they are called the "Johatsu", literally means "evaporated people", 80,000 every year decide remove themselves from society, their job--marriage , family etc.

And Just slide away--- That's really reinventing yourself, not just taking another job .................

I must be mad..first time-.I am actually answering one of your post, whats next, answering,  ezza, or Big whats his name...............:w00t:

You probably feel "comfortable" talking to me and that's why I feel i should try to become a psychiatrist because people trust me 👍

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou Ezzra 

That's what I feel I'm here for now  reinventing myself from hospital cleaner to a psychiatrist to help people!

I feel I have been called like a life changing experience 

Here'a a link to a very interesting article about the philosophy of living..

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ie/blog/between-cultures/202401/5-strategies-for-flourishing-from-the-stoic-pharmacy

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Apparently it's a 6 year uni course it I wouldn't mind be called Doctor !

Doctor George , Consultant Psychiatrist!

Easier & quicker if you just download a diploma of said, and photoshop it.   The get 'contact' cards made ... and you're a Doc.   Even throw a Ph'd behind name if wanting.

I'm what I always was, a smiling idiot who invest in RE, sideline in firearms, stocks.   Salaried jobs didn't provide much, besides being temp jobs basically, so meaningless.

Or I could go with photographer, drone operator.

Best from past life ... pool boy toy, who will even clean your pool, if you have one:cheesy:

Wife just calls me ... Sugar Daddy w/bennies :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

I re-invented myself when I moved to Thailand 12 years ago.

I left Australia because I was stagnating, and did not like the feeling.

I would not want to become a psychiatrist. Pathology is good, the patients don't need a bedside manner.

I have enough problems understanding myself, let alone other people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just turned 50 and been thinking of using my 30 year diving experience in a professional capacity instead of hobby, but apparently the only real money is in commercial saturation diving for oil companies, not muff diving.:wub:

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Haha 1