Your opinion of eradication of dogs

3 hours ago, superal said:
  • Strangely enough , Cambodia is a Buddhist country but does not have the same dog problems as Thailand . They eat the stray dogs as was once a common practice in Thailand . My neighbor ( Doctor ) has 10 dogs, ( many bitches so soon it will be 20 ) that roam the streets and bark and growl  at every vehicle or pedestrian .The dogs are full of fleas and worms and are hardly fed . One of the dogs that is only about 1 year old has a back legs problem , can barely walk and is in pain but the doctor ignores it . Not exactly a responsible owner . l have seen Thai folk pick up dead dogs off the road to eat . With rabies on the up in Thailand , the Thai government should be seen to protect the human population from stray dogs rather than turning a blind eye . Maybe introduce dog licences and state that all dogs to wear a collar with owners address / phone number. No I.D. the dogs to be put in a pound for 1 month and if not claimed by the original owner or a new owner to buy them , they should be humanely killed . If claimed by the original owner a fine to be levied for no dog I.D. and probably no licence too .

The dog license will be handled the same way as they abuse the Helmet laws here.

Edited by riclag
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

Just to keep bang up to date:

image.thumb.png.d85c432dee34083cecaab6674ea8e8a5.png

image.png.69669819fb372a0b99323cc3f6f36454.png

You forgot one, Commander was notorious for biting  Security . Says a lot about its owner! Irresponsible.

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

All you spay and neuter folks needs to put your money where your mouth is. 

Im guessing the monks give all the extra and crap food they dont want to the dogs.  Its a good disposal method and they get some real love.  

2 hours ago, connda said:

I have a suggestion for you.  Go to the up upper right-hand corner, click on your name, click on "Ignored Users", and place my name in there.  Viola!  Problem solved! :thumbsup:

But other than that?  This is an open forum, not an echo-chamber.   We all have our own views an opinions.  I am making sound suggestions - not just ranting.  You can chose to consider the suggestions or reject them.  Fine with me either way.  Up to you.

The reality is that illegal to go around killing dogs.  And I don't see any future in what's left of my life to where the Thailand government will ever cull dogs like they do in the West.  Farangs who are at least partially assimilated into Thai society should understand that.

So, for those who are really concerned about the out-of-control dog problem?  Be part of the solution!  And I've offered solid advice about how to proceed that is good for the dogs and good for society.  And that advice is to work with others within your community to spay and neuter the dogs that you can in the community. 

And with that, have a wonderful day!  :smile:  Woof Woof!

They have already done that in different places from time to time. It´s just that they do not go out in public with the information. Unfortunately they do not do it country-wide, as they should do. And it´s not woof woof here, it´s more like bang bang, two down, 98 to go.

59 minutes ago, proton said:

What about the cows pigs and sheep that get slaughtered everyday?

That’s different, those guys are on the food chain and they for the most part dont go around biting and growling at 

humans. 555

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My neigbor has a pit bull.

It eats cats, feral and otherwise.

Sorted.

Interesting.

Pit bull sounds far less fun than my current method of having them avoid my property but I will consider.

Solution ,dont feed the strays! 
If you have dogs , discipline them!

Teach them to not bark needlessly!

If you work full time and leave the dogs to run the streets, you get fined , 3 fines , you loose dog ownership.

If they are a noise nuisance the same as mentioned , 3 fines.

Some Thais treat them as their children especially the smaller varieties.Spoiled undisciplined animals.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I have used the word "eradication" but it means to finish cull kill the stray dogs in places like Isaan 

Obviously I suffer from PTSD from these dog attacks and this morning I'm at the bus stop (Australia) waiting to go to work when I start thinking of the mutts back in Thailand that tried to attack me on the street in Isaan 

The bus starts to arrive and I just start thinking of those dogs and I just shout out *Fxck them !!!

And people at the bus stop let me on the bus first and I tell them I am shouting at the nasty dogs not them ! 

Back in 2017 I went to a remote village with a Thai lady ,I decided to walk by myself to a temple to look at the memorial graves statues 

I could hear barking dogs in the distance but never took much notice

Soon a whole pack arrived barking mutts with spit hanging off their mouths 

Threatened me with words of threats 

Luckily a monk who what was going on .

Later I'm in the back of a motorcycle trailer in the side seat only to have another passing mutt try to attack me 

Your thoughts on culling of these dogs that are angry 

All for it, where do I donate and sign the petition? Not only strays, but the noisy bar stewards that bark constantly and keep me awake half the night who have owners, some of whom are farang. There are one or two in my community who are nice friendly quiet dogs, but most, I wouldn't mind in the least, seeing them "eradicated".

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

well how is a pig less wise or compassionate than a filthy slobbering dog?

Best ask a Buddhist or there's plenty of information online about it. It's  symbolic I guess. Dog is man's best friend. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Best ask a Buddhist or there's plenty of information online about it. It's  symbolic I guess. Dog is man's best friend. 

If dogs were our best friends why do they bite so much- 4.7 million bitten by the nasty mutts in the USA alone in 2021. 800.000 needing medical care. With friend like dogs we dont need enemies

https://woofdog.org/dog-bite-statistics/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jesimps said:

All for it, where do I donate and sign the petition? Not only strays, but the noisy bar stewards that bark constantly and keep me awake half the night who have owners, some of whom are farang. There are one or two in my community who are nice friendly quiet dogs, but most, I wouldn't mind in the least, seeing them "eradicated".

SIL lives on a nice Sansiri estate, some nutcase moved into the next soi with over 30 dogs, you can imagine the wall of sound!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know that my/our opinions about dogs mean nothing in Thailand, and that the problem needs to be solved.  It was solved in Bali many years ago when rabid dogs with rabies were attacking tourists - they culled them - nearly all of them were put down.  The dogs numbers came back a bit and so has the rabies (it is endemic there and also here). When the numbers reach a critical point they will do another cull in Bali.  But that will never happen here and as far as I see the only solution is a lot more places like the soi dog foundation - a lot more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well what about you guys who live in Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam etc are the street dogs controlled there ?

I heard that in Cambodia you don't see dogs because the locals eat them, must be true

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:55 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I have used the word "eradication" but it means to finish cull kill the stray dogs in places like Isaan 

Obviously I suffer from PTSD from these dog attacks and this morning I'm at the bus stop (Australia) waiting to go to work when I start thinking of the mutts back in Thailand that tried to attack me on the street in Isaan 

The bus starts to arrive and I just start thinking of those dogs and I just shout out *Fxck them !!!

And people at the bus stop let me on the bus first and I tell them I am shouting at the nasty dogs not them ! 

Back in 2017 I went to a remote village with a Thai lady ,I decided to walk by myself to a temple to look at the memorial graves statues 

Later I'm in the back of a motorcycle trailer in the side seat only to have another passing mutt try to attack me 

All Dogs go to Heaven Man. 

7 hours ago, proton said:

If dogs were our best friends why do they bite so much- 4.7 million bitten by the nasty mutts in the USA alone in 2021. 800.000 needing medical care. With friend like dogs we dont need enemies

https://woofdog.org/dog-bite-statistics/

Yep, the statistics are mind boggling. Globally dog attacks on humans outnumber all other animal & reptile bites/attacks combined. Likewise deaths, either directly from dog attacks, or from infections/rabies following attacks. Worse are dog attacks on children as the injuries are to face and neck, whereas adults generally get bites to their legs. However, the global statistics don't show the real figures. They are gathered from official reports by doctors, hospitals, police, local authorities. Many dog attacks, particularly in 3rd world countries, don't get reported as locals sort it out themselves. In countries like Thailand the dog owners generally pay a couple thousand baht to the victim and the incident goes unreported. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2024 at 6:06 AM, moose7117 said:

if you are yelling out whilst waiting for a bus................ maybe you need to be culled.

On 1/18/2024 at 4:55 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Seems you suffer from more than PTSD.

Dogs don't use threatening words.

Bark and growl is about the best they can offer, unless they have some secret skills only witnessed by you.

Eradication is your only help.

That would be your eradication not the dogs  

Kill em all.

My gf trying to sell house, but next door there are 2 dogs left alone all day, and go fecking mental everytime anyone comes close.  Already lost a number of potential buyers.

Owner of the dogs does not care.  Just says sorry, sorry, sorry.  <deleted>.

So how would you feel if you cant sell a 3 million house because of next doors dogs?

Would you be ok about it?  Or would you want them culled?

The owner wont do anything..................

I dont hate dogs, far from it...........but this is money........and its costing me lots.

So am i perfectly within my rights to put down some tasty spiked pork for these pain in the arse k9s?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, proton said:

SIL lives on a nice Sansiri estate, some nutcase moved into the next soi with over 30 dogs, you can imagine the wall of sound!

if someone moved near to me with 30 dogs, their life expectancy would be under one week............plain and simple

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

Kill em all.

My gf trying to sell house, but next door there are 2 dogs left alone all day, and go fecking mental everytime anyone comes close.  Already lost a number of potential buyers.

Owner of the dogs does not care.  Just says sorry, sorry, sorry.  <deleted>.

So how would you feel if you cant sell a 3 million house because of next doors dogs?

Would you be ok about it?  Or would you want them culled?

The owner wont do anything..................

I dont hate dogs, far from it...........but this is money........and its costing me lots.

So am i perfectly within my rights to put down some tasty spiked pork for these pain in the arse k9s?

Do it just do it!