Your opinion of eradication of dogs

Dogs. There's a privately run animal rescue shelter (Malee's) 6km from us, rural Chanthaburi. Currently (according to their Facebook page) approx 360 dogs and 60 cats.

It was started by an Englishman and his wife, he's now deceased and she has carried it on, supported by donations of food and money for food. Overseas tourists volunteer there.

Appears people just dump pups around that highway area knowing that eventually they'll either 1 get run over 2 starve to death or 3 get picked up and taken to the shelter. 

Don't know how long it's sustainable, or how long she'll have the energy and dedication to keep it going. And if it had to close, what to do with 400+ animals?

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

Kill em all.

My gf trying to sell house, but next door there are 2 dogs left alone all day, and go fecking mental everytime anyone comes close.  Already lost a number of potential buyers.

Owner of the dogs does not care.  Just says sorry, sorry, sorry.  <deleted>.

So how would you feel if you cant sell a 3 million house because of next doors dogs?

Would you be ok about it?  Or would you want them culled?

The owner wont do anything..................

I dont hate dogs, far from it...........but this is money........and its costing me lots.

So am i perfectly within my rights to put down some tasty spiked pork for these pain in the arse k9s?

Good intentions but if they,the authorities, find you had anything 

to do with the nuisance demise ,you’re

screwed.If the owner gets wind of it, there’s no telling what they’ll do,to you.

Im in a similar situation in the(moobanma) dog village I reside in!

The retired police officer neighbor even said it use to be quiet until recently .

Many times its those dogs from other

neighbors who are allowed to run around in the Soi’s that create the crisis, they congregate and cause chaos when they roam.Also when dogs are left alone they seem to get very vocal

You must complain to the authorities , and never stop, never!

16 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Dogs. There's a privately run animal rescue shelter (Malee's) 6km from us, rural Chanthaburi. Currently (according to their Facebook page) approx 360 dogs and 60 cats.

It was started by an Englishman and his wife, he's now deceased and she has carried it on, supported by donations of food and money for food. Overseas tourists volunteer there.

Appears people just dump pups around that highway area knowing that eventually they'll either 1 get run over 2 starve to death or 3 get picked up and taken to the shelter. 

Don't know how long it's sustainable, or how long she'll have the energy and dedication to keep it going. And if it had to close, what to do with 400+ animals?

Put them down, 400 is nothing compared to the millions of cows and pigs killed in the country. Weird how 'compassion' is only for some animals and not others.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, riclag said:

Good intentions but if they,the authorities, find you had anything 

to do with the nuisance demise ,you’re

screwed.If the owner gets wind of it, there’s no telling what they’ll do,to you.

Im in a similar situation in the(moobanma) dog village I reside in!

The retired police officer neighbor even said it use to be quiet until recently .

Many times its those dogs from other

neighbors who are allowed to run around in the Soi’s that create the crisis, they congregate and cause chaos when they roam.Also when dogs are left alone they seem to get very vocal

You must complain to the authorities , and never stop, never!

Impossible to prove, he should get on with it. Complaining will do absolutely nothing apart from the owner getting angry and still doing nothing- all dogs bark is the usual response along with what about all the other dogs! In the next soi to us one house has 6 constantly yapping pests but nothing can be done as the owner is a Policeman!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, connda said:

AN should have a "I Hate Dogs" sub-forum. :intheclub:

I use to breed Akc registered  German shepherds back in the states!

I don’t hate dogs ! I hate  what they

are allowed to do uncontrolled!

Many who are uncontrolled are a effin Nuisance!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was a bit sad to see some in here mentioned about poison etc 

That's just not on or the morally thing to do and you are a bad person,

but what poisons would a bad person use 

Just reminded me writing about "bad persons" a movie I saw years ago about a english reporter who travelled to Lebanon and I was whipped/caned on the feet and the guy saying you are a "bad person" 

What was the name of that movie ?

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Impossible to prove, he should get on with it. Complaining will do absolutely nothing apart from the owner getting angry and still doing nothing- all dogs bark is the usual response along with what about all the other dogs! In the next soi to us one house has 6 constantly yapping pests but nothing can be done as the owner is a Policeman!

I wouldn’t want to take that chance.

This is Camera country..

You’re correct to think that but If people do nothing like most of the Thai population, it will continue !

Never give up! If one gives up Thai  society will continue to condone

the nuisance created by dogs and their keepers!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes it's the humane thing to do 

I noticed when walking around a Isaan village back in 2017 

There were dogs in packs that were street dogs cared by the temple mangy cut disheveled dogs some angry barking

And others left out the front of their house that had owners 

No bicycle riders are allowed ,

No one that wants a leisurely walk and SOME of these village dogs have OWNERS but hey they don't care if their dog is out the front of their house NO FENCE and it attacks you as you walk or CYCLE past , just don't hurt their dog they say !!😳

So no one could WALK or even CYCLE past without being attacked by these cretins 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was a bit sad to see some in here mentioned about poison etc 

That's just not on or the morally thing to do and you are a bad person,

but what poisons would a bad person use 

Just reminded me writing about "bad persons" a movie I saw years ago about a english reporter who travelled to Lebanon and I was whipped/caned on the feet and the guy saying you are a "bad person" 

What was the name of that movie ?

what about the 'morality' of killing millions of cows and pigs? livestock and pets are just man made artificial categories, all animals deserve the same respect. 

10 minutes ago, proton said:

what about the 'morality' of killing millions of cows and pigs? livestock and pets are just man made artificial categories, all animals deserve the same respect. 

Not sure if anyone wants a cow as a pet ?

3 hours ago, proton said:

Do it just do it!

Can't do it now because he's already complained about it, so the owner will know who did it and report him, he could well then end up in very serious trouble. If any neighbors animals are ruining your lifestyle don't complain just deal with it, extreme prejudice. 

16 minutes ago, proton said:

Or a filthy, slobbering, barking, farting, biting dog.

The filthy animals are getting seats on planes now, just imagine having to sit next to a big dog scratching its fleas and licking its dcik for 15 hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, grain said:

Can't do it now because he's already complained about it, so the owner will know who did it and report him, he could well then end up in very serious trouble. If any neighbors animals are ruining your lifestyle don't complain just deal with it, extreme prejudice. 

It could even be considered racism.

I wonder if dogs can get gay?

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, grain said:

The filthy animals are getting seats on planes now, just imagine having to sit next to a big dog scratching its fleas and licking its dcik for 15 hours.

The worst I see is in cafes in Australia,taking ya bloody dog to sit under the table !!

• Thumbs Up 1

I love dogs,  but good clean obedient dogs, not flee bitten vermin on the soi's where people want to walk or ride.

A SIMPLE method :

Rid the Soi's of all un-owned dogs.

Folks can have dogs but they must be fenced in at all times or on a leash when outside.

Start with 1000 baht fine for owners when their dog is on the street. 

Barking dogs in built up areas ....  the owners issued with a warning notice 1st time, second time 1000 baht fine.

• Agree 1

On 1/18/2024 at 1:31 PM, KannikaP said:

Second most stupid post IMO. Just because you and Siri love dogs doesn't mean we all must do so.

Of course it doesn't. Nor does it mean that killing them is something that we should do. 

I have four dogs. The three little ones stay in and around my garden. The big hairy monster is kept on a long rope, which pretty well gives him the run of the garden, and walked on a leash.

Every couple of weeks I invest in a bag of dog nibbles and a can of dog flea and tick powder, and wonder around dusting all the local strays. The locals think I am crazy, but seem to appreciate it, as do the dogs.

The barking can be a little bit of a problem - the leader of my pack, a Chihuahua, always likes to start a shouting match with the water buffalo which are herded down the soi every morning; after checking over her shoulder that I am there. Funny, she ignores them when they are brought back at night. She also objects to the drinking water delivery man, but I have taught him to say "Snowball, inside"! She turns and goes into the house.

I am not a Buddhist but I run with the idea that as sentient creatures they have a right to live. 

That is the way it is here!

Edited by herfiehandbag

43 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Of course it doesn't. Nor does it mean that killing them is something that we should do. 

I have four dogs. The three little ones stay in and around my garden. The big hairy monster is kept on a long rope, which pretty well gives him the run of the garden, and walked on a leash.

Every couple of weeks I invest in a bag of dog nibbles and a can of dog flea and tick powder, and wonder around dusting all the local strays. The locals think I am crazy, but seem to appreciate it, as do the dogs.

The barking can be a little bit of a problem - the leader of my pack, a Chihuahua, always likes to start a shouting match with the water buffalo which are herded down the soi every morning; after checking over her shoulder that I am there. Funny, she ignores them when they are brought back at night. She also objects to the drinking water delivery man, but I have taught him to say "Snowball, inside"! She turns and goes into the house.

I am not a Buddhist but I run with the idea that as sentient creatures they have a right to live. 

That is the way it is here!

“The barking can be a little bit of a problem”.

Is this what your rats sound like too?

From my office window@ 8:45 pm

Edited by riclag
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I like dogs, live and let live I say.

We had a birthday party last week and my wife’s cousin brought her second child( chihuahua) in a small back pack .Initially I was taken back a little until they took it out and placed it on our dinner table , as some of the family fondled it and patted it ,I had to go inside my house and sit in my chair-and gather my fuming thoughts!

20 minutes later the rat disappeared under the table in a small portable carry dog house and I never heard  a peep from the chihuahua rat , 6 hours not one woof. Well behaved and disciplined , tip my hat to the cousin on its disposition, not so much on table manners.

Edited by riclag

2 hours ago, riclag said:

We had a birthday party last week and my wife’s cousin brought her second child( chihuahua) in a small back pack .Initially I was taken back a little until they took it out and placed it on our dinner table , as some of the family fondled it and patted it ,I had to go inside my house and sit in my chair-and gather my fuming thoughts!

20 minutes later the rat disappeared under the table in a small portable carry dog house and I never heard  a peep from the chihuahua rat , 6 hours not one woof. Well behaved and disciplined , tip my hat to the cousin on its disposition, not so much on table manners.

Jesus Christ ....   a dog should be up the back yard in a kennel .....    not in the kitchen licking bowls