Is cannabis legal for foreigners in Thailand? Know the rules

webfact

51 minutes ago, NextG said:

Which rules? Interesting in what way? In your imagination?

To help you in your moment of need.

From the heading of the article.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

To help you in your moment of need.

From the heading of the article.

No that we have clarified that…. 
Interesting in what way? In your imagination?

Allow me to help you in your time of need… 

No one is going to be offended by someone putting a drop of oil sublingually. So it goes without saying that they are referring to smokers who might disturb others with the smoke and smell. 

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

you wouldn't think so in pattaya with foreigners openly smoking it in bars, I don't mind except for the pungent smell

This may have been a one off if you've actually witnessed this at all, in the weed cafes for sure but i highly doubt you've seen foreigners smoking it openly in bars.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

you wouldn't think so in pattaya with foreigners openly smoking it in bars, I don't mind except for the pungent smell

I've tried it in the past and quite liked it. However, as you say, it's not a nce smell, very 'sour' and 'pungent'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

This may have been a one off if you've actually witnessed this at all, in the weed cafes for sure but i highly doubt you've seen foreigners smoking it openly in bars.

See people smoking it in bars all the time in Pattaya, even the staff sometimes.

Some bars have signs saying ‘weed friendly’

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I've tried it in the past and quite liked it. However, as you say, it's not a nce smell, very 'sour' and 'pungent'.

I've not smoked in 40 years and still disagree with the smoking ban in pubs but then again I do like the smell of the green leaf, and the smell of a 2 stroke motorbike engine.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

The retail cannabis scene catering to foreign tourists in Thailand has to have some of the highest prices in the world for sub-par looking weed and with average THC levels. Grade-B looking buds for 700 Baht (US$20) a gram (being pawned off as high-end flower) is very common place. The shops are often large and nicely designed, and with big investments made to induce a high quality looking presentation, but the product itself is often far less inspiring. 

You're just going to the wrong shops.

Edited by Trippy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Have never gone to any of the shops. 

But that didn't stop you from offering your "expert" review of one or more shops.

10 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

The retail cannabis scene catering to foreign tourists in Thailand has to have some of the highest prices in the world for sub-par looking weed and with average THC levels. Grade-B looking buds for 700 Baht (US$20) a gram (being pawned off as high-end flower) is very common place. The shops are often large and nicely designed, and with big investments made to induce a high quality looking presentation, but the product itself is often far less inspiring. 

Very odd.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Lots of bars encourage it, they even provide ashtrays.

Wow, i'm surprised at that.

I'm not in the bars much but have never experienced it when i have been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Oh please, I know one bar owner who has to chase away weed smokers to somewhere more discrete.

• Confused 4