How can the war between Israel and Hamas ever end when so many schools in Gaza - run by a UN agency backed by our millions - teach children to hate Jews?

Years ago............

Matthias Schmale, UNRWA Gaza director, 2017-2021: “Many people told me through my four years, there's tunnels everywhere and it's a safe assumption.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/18/1056254276/gaza-united-nations-schmale-palestinians-israel

Last week........

Q: Given the UN's big role in Gaza, UNRWA, has there ever been any indication to the UN that tunnels are being built under the city? UN: Not to us. I mean... it seems to me that all this infrastructure was built in a highly secretive way. I mean, I see it just as an observer... To think that the UN had any understanding of what was… any information about those operations, I think, is... No is clearly the answer to that.

• Thanks 2

People have been talking about this for years. A group called MEMRI has been showing the kind of filth propaganda that is being shoved down childrens' throats in Palestine for years.  No wonder that younger Palestinians resoundingly reject a "two state solution"- Galllup puts support for it at just 16%. They prefer a one state solution- from the river to the sea. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

People have been talking about this for years. A group called MEMRI has been showing the kind of filth propaganda that is being shoved down childrens' throats in Palestine for years.  No wonder that younger Palestinians resoundingly reject a "two state solution"- Galllup puts support for it at just 16%. They prefer a one state solution- from the river to the sea. 

Nonsense. 

I've posted recently, the reasons why young Palestinians don't want anything to do with Israel. Doesn't look like it will change soon. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense. 

I've posted recently, the reasons why young Palestinians don't want anything to do with Israel. Doesn't look like it will change soon. 

Not nonsense, Gallup.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/512828/palestinians-lack-faith-biden-two-state-solution.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication#:~:text=Generational Divide on the Two,Palestinians aged 46 and older.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Problem with your post, the Palestinian teachers can also be Hamas terrorists as their main line of career.

Official letters from the the Hamas’ military wing personally delivered and addressed to Dr. Muhammad Hamdan, Head of the Directorate of Education and Teaching in Gaza.

These are requests for teachers to be excused due to their necessity for the Hamas terrorist organization.

There are terrorists in Gaza that work as teachers on their free time:

So I'll take that as a no from you, as if I expected anything different.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Maybe forget about a 2 State solution and opt for a 1 State solution and have joint Israeli and Palestinian schools where both sides are taught together by Israeli/Palestinian teachers working together, I wonder how that would work.

Maybe post some nonsense, that would make everything better.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense. 

Exactly, you posted nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Israel demonizing River to the Sea brigade expect people to consider the U.N. a credible, ethical, and objective source on the conflict. 

Getting your ducks lined up already, every man and his dog knows that Israel is as pure as the driven snow. Anchors away.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Certainly nobody in the Israeli government ever speaks the truth. Never wanting a Palestinian state and working very hard to thwart any possibility of one.

@ozimoron

The only thing certain is you making yet another one of your strong claims, backed by next to nothing.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How can the war ever end when Israel refuses to contemplate a Palestinian state? Under ANY circumstances.

I don't know that but perhaps it's time that you face the reality that strong majorities on BOTH sides do not support a two state solution and also that the Hamas barbaric action on October 7 made the prospect of that even more remote.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Getting your ducks lined up already, every man and his dog knows that Israel is as pure as the driven snow. Anchors away.

I never said such a thing, so enjoy your trolling.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Israel demonizing River to the Sea brigade expect people to consider the U.N. a credible, ethical, and objective source on the conflict. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I never said such a thing, so enjoy your trolling.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting how this all focuses on the UN.

The UNWRA is indeed a UN agency, however there are some important caveats to add. The people who work in this organization are all Palestinian refugees. It is not an international agency with staff from all over the world, or even with staff from the UN. 

Is it surprising that Palestinian refugees may support Hamas after everything that has happened? This is not to say it is correct, it is obviously a terrible thing to do. Understanding why something is happening does not equate to saying it is ok to do.

It is undeniable that hatred is indeed taught in Palestinian schools, but it is also evident that Israel teaches the same in its schools.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/aug/07/israeli-school-racism-claim

Nurit Peled-Elhanan of Hebrew University says textbooks depict Palestinians as 'terrorists, refugees and primitive farmers'

https://vermontdailychronicle.com/__trashed-4/

Do Israeli grade school texts advocate hate against Arabs? They do, according to Israeli author, Nurit Peled-Elhanen, who wrote Palestine in Israeli Schoolbooks, Ideology and Propaganda in Education

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Do you seriously not know the difference between not realizing that the UN is very biased against Israel (which is an obvious fact) and thinking that Israel can do no wrong (which of course I have never thought)? Amazing!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

More copy/pasted stuff.

Nothing in Palestinian politics, society and culture indicates that what they after, or what they can manage if it comes about would be anywhere near the utopian nonsense spewed on these forums.

If you continue to falsely accuse me of copying stuff, you're back on ignore. 

It's well out of order. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2