Thai teachers pierce lips of 36 kids over gum mischief

webfact

Child Abuse from Teachers in Thailand is standard even thou it is prohibited by Thai Law!!!  They tend to have Western Laws and then turn the other way when those laws are broken, I had to go to the school head a few time over teachers both Thai and German physically abusing my then 7yr old son- The result was they stopped physically abusing him, to psychologically abusing him.... The education system in Thailand is backward just look at the fruit of it, poor Thais barley know how to communicate in there own language let alone English.  No HAB being the answer to everything......

Edited by Butts

9 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

One has to wonder how widespread this sort of rogue, sadistic punishment is within the Thai education system.

It has to stop.  It's child-abuse in the extreme.

The teachers will probably be suspended and then given a cookie and told to behave in the future.  And we will probably never here the end to this story.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 things of note.    

What crazy idea for a punishment.  Must have some history.  

Seems like it would be quite painful. And my first thought was  surely a teacher knows the risks of needle sharing!

2nd thing is that evidently all these kids kept their secret  to protect one of their own even knowing they were next in line.  So this explains how a whole village won't tell the farang, the common knowledge,that his house he built for his wife is more like a brothel while he is off working. 

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Cat Boy said:

as former PM General Pryut phrased it, "Students should be taught to think inside the box, not outside of it",

Citation please. Otherwise, you're just making that up.

The teachers learned it from their teachers when they were kids who learned it from their teachers when they were kids. The dirty little secret in the Thai educational system is corporal punishment. The majority of Thai kids have been beaten, swatted, hit or otherwise abused in some way by a teacher in their youth. 

If you don't believe me as your Thai spouse or friends. They will tell you it happened to them too. 

Edited by spermwhale

17 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

My first school years was in a convent taught by catholic nuns.  The feather duste (cane) was the prescribed method but I remember some who used to like to pinch in sensitive areas.  We had one who even used to bite sometimes but nothing was ever said because it must have been God's work she was doing.

Catholic schools were training grounds for up and coming sadists pretending to be teachers. Not all, but many. 

• Like 1

How do things like this take place, unforgivable and these 2 must never be in a class room again, does this not prove once and forever the state of the Thai education system.

I find some of the comments made by parents, I am one as well, stating they would teach these people a lesson, or, some other bodily harm.

Although commendable and looks good on threads such as these. Truth is, if you harm a teacher there is more than a good chance you will be charged with a crime and possibly prosecuted with jail time. 

How does that help your child when Papa spends a year or two in prison?

Or perhaps as a criminal they remove you from the country! 

Just state it is a horrific event and let the Thai criminal system run its course.

1 minute ago, rct99q said:

I find some of the comments made by parents, I am one as well, stating they would teach these people a lesson, or, some other bodily harm.

Although commendable and looks good on threads such as these. Truth is, if you harm a teacher there is more than a good chance you will be charged with a crime and possibly prosecuted with jail time. 

How does that help your child when Papa spends a year or two in prison?

Or perhaps as a criminal they remove you from the country! 

Just state it is a horrific event and let the Thai criminal system run its course.

Agreed... there are a lot of blackbelts in keyboard-Karate on this forum...  I wonder how they'd really react once off their sofa.

I definitely agree with the sentiment though...   There are way too many stories of teachers exceeding their authorities in extreme way to the point off assault.

So... I think many of us would react very firmly,... filing assault charges, seeing the head, demanding action.

Of course, if none is taken, removing the child from the school.

-----

Fortunately, nothing such as this would ever happen in my Son's School (Int'l school) so I have no concerns whatsoever. 

But, if my child were at a Thai school, I'd make it very clear that any form of physical discipline would be met with a response.

That said, these issues occur in the schools that Western children tend not to attend - and if they did, I suspect the teacher would be very careful about behaving in this manner with a mixed child as I'm sure they're well aware Westerners do not 'Krieng-Jai' the teachers as an authority figure in quite the same way Thai parents do.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 9:54 AM, Lantern said:

I reckon all those 36 kids should give that so called teacher a dammed good flogging.

36 parents should give the teacher a good flogging and make sure it never returns to teaching again,simply outrageous.

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... there are a lot of blackbelts in keyboard-Karate on this forum...  I wonder how they'd really react once off their sofa.

I definitely agree with the sentiment though...   There are way too many stories of teachers exceeding their authorities in extreme way to the point off assault.

So... I think many of us would react very firmly,... filing assault charges, seeing the head, demanding action.

Of course, if none is taken, removing the child from the school.

-----

Fortunately, nothing such as this would ever happen in my Son's School (Int'l school) so I have no concerns whatsoever. 

But, if my child were at a Thai school, I'd make it very clear that any form of physical discipline would be met with a response.

That said, these issues occur in the schools that Western children tend not to attend - and if they did, I suspect the teacher would be very careful about behaving in this manner with a mixed child as I'm sure they're well aware Westerners do not 'Krieng-Jai' the teachers as an authority figure in quite the same way Thai parents do.

Just read about the teacher at an international school abusing girls. Truly hope this has not affected your family. However it goes to show that something like "this" could happen at any school. International, or not.

1 minute ago, rct99q said:

Just read about the teacher at an international school abusing girls. Truly hope this has not affected your family. However it goes to show that something like "this" could happen at any school. International, or not.

I see that as something far more Machiavellian...   But, I really do not believe something such as that 'could' happen at my son's school, the standards and oversight are simply too strong, the establishment simply way too professional... I have every confidence in all of the teachers there....   But as you say... this could happen there are no absolutes.

The story you read was not of a top-tier international school, its not a school I have even heard of (Siam International School).

On 1/28/2024 at 3:01 AM, NanLaew said:

Citation please. Otherwise, you're just making that up.

From the Bangkok Post

19 January 2019

"Gems Galore in PM's Baffling Box Talk" 

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bangkokpost.com%2Fopinion%2Fopinion%2F1613822&data=05|02||07a0f8d3c3894419cbd808dc21f73cdc|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|638422592984352466|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D|0|||&sdata=XrC3HVFzJhGc241DeSxoIGghqUn5%2FLvpoavjX1X7Bzs%3D&reserved=0

Edited by Cat Boy
Update with further details