US to move nuclear weapons to UK RAF base amid escalating tensions with Russia

Social Media

On 1/28/2024 at 8:14 AM, impulse said:

When I was a kid, my brothers and I used to tease each other mercilessly.  It was a game because the one who threw the first punch was always the one who got in trouble. 

Reading the history leading up to 2014 and 2022 reminds me of that game.  But on a tragic scale.

And eventually, Mom and Dad caught on.  Like a lot of people around the world have caught on.  Just not the ones who pine for war.

Ukraine lost.  Crimea's gone (on Obama's watch).  Donbas is gone (on Biden's).  The sooner that reality is accepted, the sooner the dying and the spending stop and the sooner the rebuilding can start.

What reality do we need to face?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, candide said:

You forgot to mention that a large part of Donbas and Donestsk had been de facto annexed under Trump.

Under a multilateral agreement known as the Minsk accords. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

I think he's referring to the temporal correlation between Biden being inaugurated and SHTF all over the world.  Including Russia/Ukraine, Palestinians/Israel, Iranians/USA and don't forget energy prices and the southern border.

Like Vietnam.  It was Johnson's war, then it became Nixon's war, though neither one of them started it.  Biden didn't start today's (and next week's)  wars.  He just failed to keep them from happening, like the Bad Orange Man with his mean tweets did.

Oh, so no wars started by Biden!

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

My high school was perched on a promontory which was the highest point in my home town. Vulcans and Canberra's used it for bombing practice. We could see the tops of the aircraft as they came in over the harbour and then they climb out from what seemed like only a few feet above the school roof. They were training to attack Indonesia at the time.

A town in Cornwall by any chance?

Moving a few dozen warheads to the UK is militarily insignificant. Russia has 7000 apparently with the US close to that number. Having nukes in the UK doesn't give the US the huge advantage that nukes in Ukraine would have ie only 8 minutes to Moscow. If it takes a missile 20 or 30 minutes to fly from the UK toy Russia (this is a guess) it removes much of the first strike advantage that a firing from Ukraine would have....which of course is why Putin is/was so vehemently against Ukraine in NATO and having a NATO airbase on his border. 

Does this make the UK more of a target for Russia? I'm surprised that the folk who are still 'left wing' in Britain haven't made more fuss.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Almer said:

What reality do we need to face

Perhaps the reality that this is all part of the scaremongering,  Why else would stuff like this need to be made common knowledge,?  Why else would mainstream media need to be told ? Do they expect us to believe that Russian intelligence  depends on western press releases ?  

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Tug said:

I heard Europe Britain and the states were moving their arsenals to New Zealand kinda creating a missile farm to have more time to strike any dastardly miscreant lol just kidding 

... aye, will also give em an entirely new breed of sheep & that should make some very happy!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I wonder what the British public think about this idea, especially those that vote.

Its irrelevant what the british public think really isn't it.?  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

The british lefties are a bit busy these days ,  what with people being misgendered, left right and center,  Illegal immigrants to be pandered to,  Hamas terrorists to be sympathised with, anti semitic marches to be attended, and Strikes within the NHS to be organised.  I sometimes wonder how they even find time to claim their benefits'

But rest assured an army of diversity consultants will be on standby to limit any human rights abuses that may occur in the post apocalyptic dystopian world we face

You are correct of course. I was quite left wing in my youth and in my student days. With the identity politics left wingers have forgotten the working classes and I am no longer left wing, but unclassifiable as no party of whichever shade speaks to me.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, retarius said:

You are correct of course. I was quite left wing in my youth and in my student days. With the identity politics left wingers have forgotten the working classes and I am no longer left wing, but unclassifiable as no party of whichever shade speaks to me.

you are correct too,   none of the party's speak to or on behalf of anybody within the electorate,  They merely lie to us all for the sole purpose of garnering votes 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The british lefties are a bit busy these days ,  what with people being misgendered, left right and center,  Illegal immigrants to be pandered to,  Hamas terrorists to be sympathised with, anti semitic marches to be attended, and Strikes within the NHS to be organised.  I sometimes wonder how they even find time to claim their benefits'

But rest assured an army of diversity consultants will be on standby to limit any human rights abuses that may occur in the post apocalyptic dystopian world we face

The British Left are busy right now preparing to wipe the board at the upcoming General Election.

May is a good bet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, retarius said:

The UK is no more than a colony of the US, the US does what it wants in the UK, stationing missiles dozens of bases which all US personnel having immunity to mow down our kids on the roadways as they drive drunk on the wrong side of the road. If you want to be a vassal, this is the treatment you get, never allowed to devote from the US position even on genocides by Israel. The last time a UK politician had balls was in the Vietnam era.....that's been totally squashed since. I feel ashamed actually.

The last politician to have balls was maggie thatcher  and even she propagated the myth of the "special relationship" with the USA    A relationship not much different than that which is "enjoyed"  by those in prison forced to share their confinement with a  bigger and stronger  cell mate of non binary sexuality 

I share your shame

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, retarius said:

The UK is no more than a colony of the US, the US does what it wants in the UK, stationing missiles dozens of bases which all US personnel having immunity to mow down our kids on the roadways as they drive drunk on the wrong side of the road. If you want to be a vassal, this is the treatment you get, never allowed to devote from the US position even on genocides by Israel. The last time a UK politician had balls was in the Vietnam era.....that's been totally squashed since. I feel ashamed actually.

I did warn about putting the UK in need of US largesse.

You’ll find it filed under ‘Project Fear’.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The last politician to have balls was maggie thatcher  and even she propagated the myth of the "special relationship" with the USA    A relationship not much different than that which is "enjoyed"  by those in prison forced to share their confinement with a  bigger and stronger  cell mate of non binary sexuality 

I share your shame

I don’t agree with you on Thatcher, but on the self abusive relationship the UK has with the U.S., yep.

Biden’s refusal to offer the UK a trade deal (let US businesses plunder the UK) is doing the British a favor.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In an election year?

Watch and learn.

oh yeah it is really going to be an education, and  everything will be just fine with an idiot like starmer in charge, won't it .  I'm sure his political gravitas and statesmanship  will swiftly put an end to all the troubles in the world.  Last I heard we will get a 3 minute warning when the nukes are launched at us ,  How many times will he be able to change his mind about  sending a few back in just 3 minutes.  

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

oh yeah it is really going to be an education, and  everything will be just fine with an idiot like starmer in charge, won't it .  I'm sure his political gravitas and statesmanship  will swiftly put an end to all the troubles in the world.  Last I heard we will get a 3 minute warning when the nukes are launched at us ,  How many times will he be able to change his mind about  sending a few back in just 3 minutes.  

I see you are stressing already.

Chill, it’s going to be fine.

53 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Perhaps the reality that this is all part of the scaremongering

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see you are stressing already

Maybe about the prospect of a labour government, but not about the prospect of a nuclear war,   I am always up for a bit of a straightener 

• Confused 1