SCAM in Cowboy

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Are these the bars owned by the one stickman calls the Arab? they have a terrible reputation

I presume that the owner of these bars could be the same. At least the scam is identical.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

If we have to tell you, you probably will still not understand it.

Well, thanks for nothing guys.

I guess according to the famous column it is some kind of potential reservation system.... but not really.

So, again.... why bother? You get a company of a robot with a pre-scripted text... is that it? Orders a robot from Aliexpress.

"That’s how things used to be. But in 2024, the lady drink system is something altogether different. Today, lady drinks are not a chance for a lady to try and sell the idea of her spending the night with you. For many ladies today, lady drinks are their main source of income."

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I am not a punter, but if I was the last thing I would be doing in Thailand is buying lady drinks.

For the love of god, can someone explain it to me what is the POINT?

So they sit next to you for a hands on experience. :giggle:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I would not sign anything. It's still a cash society.  If more drinks come then I ordered then get up and tell the manager they were not ordered. Even better, get a drink menu. The price can be whatever they want if you don't have a menu.

If they still demand 1k per guy then tourist police settle it.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Celsius said:

I am not a punter, but if I was the last thing I would be doing in Thailand is buying lady drinks.

For the love of god, can someone explain it to me what is the POINT?

The point is that if one wants to decide to take her out for the night, it helps if they stay with the punter for a while so he can talk to her. If there isn't a drink in it the girl isn't going to hang around OR guys just have loadsacash and like being generous to the ladies or having them sitting there with them.

Waaaay back I'd offer them 20 baht to sit with me, but that was when that was all they'd get as their cut from a lady drink so they would sit with me for the cash. Sometimes they'd even sit with me for nothing.

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I would not sign anything. It's still a cash society.  If more drinks come then I ordered then get up and tell the manager they were not ordered. Even better, get a drink menu. The price can be whatever they want if you don't have a menu.

It used to be well known that bars padded the chit cup with extra bills, so one was advised to check every time that there were only the correct number of bills , OR pay every time a drink came.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I was never asked to sign anything in any bar I went into in Thailand, ever!

However, I'd look in the bar before I sat down and if it looked dubious I would leave, so only drank in decent bars.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Windmill is now 220 for lady drink, 260 cocktail lady drink, the other day i offered a girl 100 baht for something, usually accepted, she wanted 500. The old guard have gone and the girls are greedy.

As for LDs it's a mugs game, always has been

The girls have been greedy for a long time.

Many years ago I took one Nana Gogo girl out for a few days and we had a good time together, but the next time I went back ( 6 months later ) her price per day had doubled, so that was the last I saw of her.

• Like 1