Foreign man refuses to pay fare and bites Bolt driver in Pattaya

webfact

35 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It's all in the Thaiger link underneath the story.

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I read the full story and I'm still confused :coffee1: I need to lay down :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Read the link.

anything written by petch pailin for the thaiger is confusing and convoluted at best... so when i read the full articles i usually get a headache. she should be banned on AN

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

and how he got the scratches or other injuries when the passenger just left for a pee only? Was there an assault, fight or what? He followed the bike? The story doesn't tell? 3.30 am is good for a lot of stories like that😏

Gawd...  The story is told, in full detail, you've just got to read it

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Gawd...  The story is told, in full detail, you've just got to read it

11 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

anything written by petch pailin for the thaiger is confusing and convoluted at best... so when i read the full articles i usually get a headache. she should be banned on AN

Anything written by most of the 'The Tiger' writers is pretty awful, convoluted, jumps around, misses simple facts etc...  

It takes a couple of re-reads to piece the info together.

1) Foreigner takes a Bolt taxi.

2) Foreigner asks the Bolt driver to stop cos he needs to urinate.

3) Foreigner doesn't get back in the bolt, but takes a moto-taxi (owing bolt 171 baht).

4) Bolt driver followed the moto-taxi and requested 171 baht (from who ??) - moto-taxi rider gave him 100 baht and told him to get the rest from the Foreigner.

5) Moto-driver and foreigner somehow end up in a fight.

6) Bolt driver started recording the fight on his phone, foreigner saw this and punched him and bit him.

7) Foreigner got into the Bolt car and then crashed it repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anything written by most of the 'The Tiger' writers is pretty awful, convoluted, jumps around, misses simple facts etc...  

It takes a couple of re-reads to piece the info together.

1) Foreigner takes a Bolt taxi.

2) Foreigner asks the Bolt driver to stop cos he needs to urinate.

3) Foreigner doesn't get back in the bolt, but takes a moto-taxi (owing bolt 171 baht).

4) Bolt driver followed the moto-taxi and requested 171 baht (from who ??) - moto-taxi rider gave him 100 baht and told him to get the rest from the Foreigner.

5) Moto-driver and foreigner somehow end up in a fight.

6) Bolt driver started recording the fight on his phone, foreigner saw this and punched him and bit him.

7) Foreigner got into the Bolt car and then crashed it repeatedly.

I know, I can read, I didn't need an explanation.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that's not what happened, he did a runner on the whole fare before they got to the destination.

Reading is not your forte safe to assume ?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A Thai Bolt driver in Pattaya reached out to a news agency after a foreign man refused to pay his transport fare and bit him, leaving him with a cut lip.

Channel 7 announced that the reporters visited the Thai Bolt driver, Weeraphon, in hospital yesterday, January 29. The man was being treated for bite marks and scratches on his stomach, back and right arm. His right eye was covered with a shield and his lower lip was cut.

Weeraphon explained to reporters that the incident happened at 3.30am on Sunday, January 28. He picked up a foreign man from Soi Buakhao, and the passenger’s destination was a house in Soi Tung Klom-Tarn Man 27 in the Bang Lamung district of Pattaya.

When they arrived in the southern Pattaya area, the foreign man asked him to stop because he needed to pee. However, the foreign passenger walked away from him and left the scene with a motorcycle rider. Weeraphon said he was not sure whether the rider was an app-based rider or a local motorcycle taxi rider in the area.

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo via KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Wow another useless vague Thai story , what is it with these reporters I learned about how to write a news story and what information to include in I think fifth grade

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CLUBBER said:

Wow another useless vague Thai story , what is it with these reporters I learned about how to write a news story and what information to include in I think fifth grade

Christ on a bike, another one?

Click the bloody LINK in the OP to get the whole bloody story.

Sheesh...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chris Daley said:

No sat nav, no map, no English, no air con, no clue where to go, rude.  I am surprised more of them aren't bitten.

Me thinks you are making s£it up !!...

Bolt drivers....

- No Sat Nav ? Wrong - the very App they uses has a Map.

- No Map ?  Wrong - again, the very App they uses has a Map (they all have a phone - google maps anyone ?)

- No Air-con ? Wrong - nearly all cars in Thailand have AC (never had a bolt without)

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Believing the response was just for you is somewhat narcissistic don't you think Lou ??..    you are not special.. well you are, but not in that context, you're not the only person on this thread & the response was for the benefit of more people than 'just you'.....  :whistling:

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Actually this is one of her more lucid accounts of an incident.

But it's not just the Thaiger (and not just Petch there either). Even esteemed publishers like Thai PBS often regurgitate utter gobbledygook that induces despair and vertigo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not at all vague if you bother to read the full report.  All the answers are there.

For finding out a Asiannow storey you must look at the links before posting a reply in your opinion?

Poor journalism is the problem Mr Lou

• Confused 1

A post with derogatory trolling comments toward Pattaya and the replies contravening our Forum Rules have been removed:

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.

I visited Pattaya 30 years ago it was a <deleted>hole then and still is will always be and now with the chicks with dicks robbing tourists and the Russians breaking the laws what a place to stay away from. 

1 minute ago, Ironmike said:

I visited Pattaya 30 years ago it was a <deleted>hole then and still is will always be and now with the chicks with dicks robbing tourists and the Russians breaking the laws what a place to stay away from. 

Are you saving up for your next Thailand trip is it ?

Edited by NickyLouie
Yawn

3 hours ago, itsari said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not at all vague if you bother to read the full report.  All the answers are there.

For finding out a Asiannow storey you must look at the links before posting a reply in your opinion?

Poor journalism is the problem Mr Lou

Yes, always a good idea to read the full article before asking questions that are answered in the OP!  "Poor journalism" is not the problem, the journalism is exactly the same in the full story that explained everything very clearly.  The real problem is the "I-can't-be-arsed-to-read-the-article-but-I'll-pile-in-with-a-bashing-post-that-confirms-what-I-am-ism".

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Believing the response was just for you is somewhat narcissistic don't you think Lou ??.. 

Not at all when you quote my comment and respond directly to it!

5 hours ago, BestB said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that's not what happened, he did a runner on the whole fare before they got to the destination.

Reading is not your forte safe to assume ?

Comprehension is not your forte, safe to assume, my post was accurate.   

What part of my comment, specifically, do you think constituted an incorrect reading of the OP?