Thai food vendor sparks debate after giving free food to foreign backpacker

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Foreigners don't "lose face". we have a bit more substance to us than that 

Oh I don't know about that....  In this forum alone I've seen guys go down down the rabbit hole of ridiculousness to avoid admitting they were simply wrong !!... 

5 hours ago, proton said:

Some of these backpacking kids are the lowest of the low, you see them begging for their travel expenses from poor Thais, and now begging from somebody trying to make a living selling food, - not giving it away. 

This goes on since Decades. They even eat the rice from tribes in the north, where they sleep for free of course 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Well, at least the Chinese don't beg for food.

They did under Mao, millions starved 🫢

Chinese do come here to beg

Edited by proton
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, off road pat said:

There is a French proverb that says « le ridicule ne tue pas » "The ridicule doesn't kill" which means, don't let the fear of ridicule stop you from doing what you want, or what you think is good !!

Thank you.

1 minute ago, ross163103 said:

Being a female she always has something to sell to get some quick cash, no need to beg. It's a conundrum; what's worse, selling that money maker or begging?

You are saying that she should have offered sex in exchange for the food ?

40 Bhat for sex is rather cheap 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are saying that she should have offered sex in exchange for the food ?

40 Bhat for sex is rather cheap 

Not from looking at the state of her😀

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, proton said:

They did under Mao, millions starved 🫢

Chinese do come here to beg

You are right. I was wrong. Interesting information. Do wish the lawyer would stop wiping his nose with his finger. Rich as he is, he can afford a handkerchief. 

1 minute ago, ujayujay said:

Yes, maybe for old Grumpys like you:cheesy:

It's illegal, why support it? If they have to beg for 20baht's for 'travel' they should not have come. Probably spent on drugs or beer, these grifters are like the ones at home pretending to be homeless beggars, then getting in their car to go home

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Thai culture teaches giving to someone or feeding dogs, squirrels will bring you good luck or bring good karma.  A form of making merit. How is this person being a foreigner have anything to do with Thai culture and traditions.  

Edited by J Branche

If she was in surrathani obviously on her way to KO samui, or leaving KO samui and going Bangkok to go home if no money, no where does it say the back packer has no cash, she asks if she can eat it, no mention of cash anywhere 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They should all go back home and all the foreigners in the UK should all go back home as well, everyone should go back to where they came from

So that Caesar can conduct his census and Herod can look for infant wronguns.

5 minutes ago, bokningar said:

You are right this must be a lot worse the all the MENA immigrants coming to western countries living on benefits. Selling drugs and killing people. Yes, asking for a free meal is much worse!

Thankfully the average TVF malcontent isn't representative of humanity or else I would truly despair. The average age her must surely be over 60 I'm 63 myself young folk just wouldn't want to hang out here.

9 hours ago, proton said:

Some of these backpacking kids are the lowest of the low, you see them begging for their travel expenses from poor Thais, and now begging from somebody trying to make a living selling food, - not giving it away. 

Never actually saw many doing this. Asking/begging from other foreigners (mostly other backpackers) yes.

As for the woman in the OP - I doubt she doesn't have money for a meal, but could have had her money stolen, her credit card lost or whatever. No need to assume the worse.

• Like 1