British Teacher Who Allegedly Molested a Minor arrested in Thailand

webfact

10 minutes ago, loong said:

What is your point? Why mention that this is the 2nd Brit this month?

Are you implying that all Brits are child molesters?

You know that there are child molesters of all races and creeds, do you?

There are black child molesters. Would you dare imply that all blacks are child molesters?

There might be fiddlers from all countries but with some it is much more prevalant.

And lets face it, the Brits come up more for this sort of thing in Thailand than from any other country.

Famously Gary Glitter and Jimmy saville got away with it for decades.

It is what it is.

I assume by your defensive tone that you are a Brit yourself. 

Maybe all this "innocent until proven guilty" "she wasnt really a child, she was 16" narrative plays into why such a high number of Brits are caught doing this sort of stuff. Always excuses.

He wasnt the first and unfortunately wont be the last.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Henkjan2 said:

10 years have passed. He has been arrested before and nothing happened again. So assumably this guy had a good scare and learned a lesson. Why make a big deal about this again? She was 16 already ...

These filthy perverts never change.

Assumably he got smarter at avoiding being detected.

Because it it is illegal, and there is a reason for it being illegal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Years ago a British pedo was also caught in the IS my sister was studying at. The time in the late 90s and early 2000 when I was in secondary, there were about 5 British pedophiles caught from different schools. Why is it often British though? No hate and all as I had brilliant British teachers too. I'm just curious that most of the pedophiles caught here are British. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

Years ago a British pedo was also caught in the IS my sister was studying at. The time in the late 90s and early 2000 when I was in secondary, there were about 5 British pedophiles caught from different schools. Why is it often British though? No hate and all as I had brilliant British teachers too. I'm just curious that most of the pedophiles caught here are British. 

Where does it say that he was a Pedophile??????

6 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Another case but 10 yrs old,why bring it now.So let the police do it,s  job and the facts will  come out in time

becasue many girls are very scared to speak up until they good to a cerain age. this is very common. 

3 hours ago, Goat said:

And lets face it, the Brits come up more for this sort of thing in Thailand than from any other country.

Thailand wants NATIVE English speaking teachers for the best education.

Yes - there are probably lots more Brits teaching in Thailand than other nationalities.

3 hours ago, Goat said:

These filthy perverts never change.

Not sure what 'filthy perverts' you are on about.

It looks like a young 16 year old foreign girl fell in love with her teacher. Not unusual.

Went back to his place a number of times and had a passionate time with him.

Parents found out and some 10 years later, want him prosecuted for 'taking her from her parents without their permission'.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

He is being accused of taking away a minor aged more than 15-years-old but not more than 18-years-old from her parents or guardian without proper reason for obscene purposes. He was taken back to the Chalong Police Station in Phuket.

If that was the case, then he obviously should be punished.

But then there are all those Thai teenagers who work in bars because their families want money. And the families seem to be comfortable when their daughters have everyday sex with different guys - as long as the money flows.

But then, maybe the daughter decides she wants to stay only with one guy and have only sex with one guy. And maybe that one guy does not want to give lots of money to the family. And then that is obviously suddenly a big problem. Give us money or we go to the police because you have sex with our innocent daughter...

Unfortunately, that seems to happen often in Thailand.

But back to the case: If the guy is guilty, then punish him. 

6 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

not an excuse, still wrong and illegal, what would you think if it was your daughter?

if it was my daughter we wouldn't be waiting until she was in her late 20s to take action

9 hours ago, kenjinuk said:

An incident on two occasions which happened nearly 10 years ago in Thailand. The accused has continued to live in Thailand, has been reporting to Immigration every 90 days for 10 years so not difficult to find him on a computer. I am not sure why it takes 4 officers to arrest him or hold a press conference..

Hardly breaking news.

But he's BRITISH! There has been a distinct dearth of articles re the "Bad Boys of Europe" recently - catch up time!!!

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Defintely not. The school nearest me has South Africans, New Zealanders and Fillipinos and Americans. No Brits

And has never had a problem with these teachers.

If I owned a school i wouldnt employ Brit males.

All these British teachers haven't helped as Thai students still ranked at/near the bottom in regional English testing scores.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

All these British teachers haven't helped as Thai students still ranked at/near the bottom in regional English testing scores.... 

59 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:
  1 hour ago, Goat said:

Defintely not. The school nearest me has South Africans, New Zealanders and Fillipinos and Americans. No Brits

And has never had a problem with these teachers.

Maybe because they are not all native English speakers. I am not sure that American/English counts. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goat said:

In case one of them ran off with your Mrs? Oh, wait..........

• Love It 1

12 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

not an excuse, still wrong and illegal, what would you think if it was your daughter?

Errr... the age thing wasn't illegal until December, 1996. I remember the before times very well. Used to be a lot of 16 and 17 year olds in the Thermae. Even the occasional 14 year old. I'm not so sure about removing a minor from her guardians, but I imagine they're very well-to-do. I don't expect we'll ever hear the facts of the case, nor its outcome in the courts, nor the reason they decided to prosecute now.