Coldplay concert buzz dampened by cannabis fumes in Bangkok

snoop1130

13 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

This was a rock concert, no? I went to indoor rock concerts in the late seventies and eighties and, if you didn't smell nothing but weed back then, it was unusual. And this was an outdoor concert and people are still complaining? Sheesh! 🙄 

I think the difference is these people are paid to complain.......:stoner:

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Gosh.  People smoking weed at a rock concert. Who'd have thought?

I took my daughter to an Allice Cooper concert in the 80s in Toronto.  Everyone was worried when I sat down until one girl asked if I was a cop.  Once I said no, everyone lit up.  

The good thing about concerts is you do not have to buy you just have to get the CONTACT HIGH

• Agree 1

I bet the smell was strong.  Is smoking dven allowed there?   

On a recent trip to Colorado it is amazing how these grow houses and even the pot dispensary /stores+ ,emit a strong odor while driving by with the windows up on the highway at 65 mph.   I've never neen to a concert where you could puff your lungs out without fear. 

• Haha 1

Coldplay Bangkok tickets begin at THB 1,800 and can go up to THB 7,800. There are also premium packages titled 'Kubick Experience' (THB 12,300), 'Supersolis Experience' (THB 14,000), and the 'Ultimate Spheres Experience' (THB 28,300)

no thank you...

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh please. Such fake purity. It is a concert. Grow up. People have been smoking at concerts since the 1950's. These ninnies really need to get a life.

Indeed, rather than a criticism, this story highlights how moderate and developed Thailand is in some aspects... 

I'm not into weed at all (perhaps the odd gummy to help sleep sometimes), but I find it extremely positive how moderate Thailand is with this issue... (although I'm also extremely cynical as to why)...  

That people could openly smoke weed at a concert is excellent IMO....    and I don't even like the smell if it and find it quite pungent, but I like the freedoms involved with permitting it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1