Biden Warns of a 'Nightmare' Future with Trump, Lists Reasons for Concern

Social Media

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Obviously, in November, not so many people will vote for Trump.

His base is the poorly educated.

Ah yes nothing screams education like Biden supporter Cardi B, 

And Biden himself someone who confuses Switzerland and Sweden, Ukrainians and Iranians, Iceland and Ireland.

Give me a break😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, FroeyD said:

Ah yes nothing screams education like Biden supporter Cardi B, 

And Biden himself someone who confuses Switzerland and Sweden, Ukrainians and Iranians, Iceland and Ireland.

Give me a break😄

Why would an adult condemn a politician over one of their supporters?

How old are you?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

In the case of senile old fool Trump, absolutely nothing qualifies him.

In the case of Biden, we have decades of experience, first hand knowledge of nuclear doctrine (among other important topics) as it evolved from cold war MAD and the importance of the nuclear triad (things that I don't think Trump understands to this day), respect for expertise, understanding of how world affairs are negotiated in the best interest of the country (as opposed to the best interests of Trump's questionable businesses), etc. The list goes on and on. 

Simple minded fools think that any job they know nothing about, such as the Presidency, is simple.  Intelligent people know better.

In general, President Biden knows what he's doing in office.  Based on Trump's multiple business failures, legal problems and performance in office I don't think Trump ever knew what he was doing or worried about the consequences of his actions.  He just did whatever kept him in the limelight.

Not the sort of person I want to hold the nuclear codes.

No you would prefer someone who confuses countries such as Ireland and Iceland, or Sweden and Switzerland yes very reassuring, he’ll probably confuse the nuclear button with the intercom👏👏

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are wasting your time attacking Biden. The November election will be about Trump. Dems are going to vote against Trump even if the Dem nominee is a dead dog.

Since you can't control how much you post, you should explain why a nominee with felony convictions should be elected president.

You keep changing subjects😁 is Biden not senile?did I not give proof in the post above? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are wasting your time attacking Biden. The November election will be about Trump. Dems are going to vote against Trump even if the Dem nominee is a dead dog.

Since you can't control how much you post, you should explain why a nominee with felony convictions should be elected president.

For no less reasons than a senile old man should.

there you go😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

We have a process for legal immigration. While not perfect it vets potential immigrants' character and criminal history.  Illegals do not go through this process, so who knows what's coming in.  Many illegals that do work do so under the table and pay no taxes.  Others survive by engaging in criminal activity of all sorts.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/shocking-cost-the-illegal-immigration-crisis-americans

We should have an intelligent and effective process for legal immigration.  We don't.  We have this "Oh my god, they're not like me!" paranoia being exploited for political gain. 

The magnitude of this idiocy is stunning.  Many wealthy have demographic working against them, with a declining native born population, a declining working age population, and an expanding retired population.  We are not the only one, just the one best positioned to turn a slow moving crisis into an opportunity.

The US is in a remarkably enviable position:  Millions of the best, brightest, and most ambitious around the world want to live and work in our country.  People who will work, pay taxes, spend their earnings thus creating new jobs, and in general grow the US economy and save programs such as Social Security and Medicare from financial failure.  All we have to do is provide a means for them to enter the country and work for their betterment and ours.

Instead we have this shrieking, paranoid "Oh my god, crisis at the border!"  If we would at least provide the judicial and detainment funding required the crisis would be alleviated.  However too many people, most notably Trump, find it personally advantagious to prolong the situation for political gain.  Hence his oppostion to the bipartisan Senate bill on immigration  https://news.yahoo.com/senate-unveils-bipartisan-immigration-overhaul-033213171.html.

Regarding your link; I read opinions stated as facts and claims with questionable or nonexistent support.  So I checked and found this:

"Overall, we rate the Heritage Foundation Right Biased based on conservative policy positions and funding from right-leaning organizations. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to promoting misleading claims regarding global warming and the health dangers associated with tobacco."  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

We should have an intelligent and effective process for legal immigration.  We don't.  We have this "Oh my god, they're not like me!" paranoia being exploited for political gain. 

The magnitude of this idiocy is stunning.  Many wealthy have demographic working against them, with a declining native born population, a declining working age population, and an expanding retired population.  We are not the only one, just the one best positioned to turn a slow moving crisis into an opportunity.

The US is in a remarkably enviable position:  Millions of the best, brightest, and most ambitious around the world want to live and work in our country.  People who will work, pay taxes, spend their earnings thus creating new jobs, and in general grow the US economy and save programs such as Social Security and Medicare from financial failure.  All we have to do is provide a means for them to enter the country and work for their betterment and ours.

Instead we have this shrieking, paranoid "Oh my god, crisis at the border!"  If we would at least provide the judicial and detainment funding required the crisis would be alleviated.  However too many people, most notably Trump, find it personally advantagious to prolong the situation for political gain.  Hence his oppostion to the bipartisan Senate bill on immigration  https://news.yahoo.com/senate-unveils-bipartisan-immigration-overhaul-033213171.html.

Regarding your link; I read opinions stated as facts and claims with questionable or nonexistent support.  So I checked and found this:

"Overall, we rate the Heritage Foundation Right Biased based on conservative policy positions and funding from right-leaning organizations. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to promoting misleading claims regarding global warming and the health dangers associated with tobacco."  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/

Your logic seems to be that if you don't like the laws in place, then don't obey them.

I have successfully petitioned the LAWFUL immigration of several individuals.  While a tedious and cumbersome process, every form I submitted was accepted without any rejections.  Any no, I had no help.

Edited by Hawaiian
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian said:

Your logic seems to be that if you don't like the laws in place, then don't obey them.

I have successfully petitioned the LAWFUL immigration of several individuals.  While tedious and cumbersome process, every form I submitted was accepted without any rejections.  Any no, I had no help.

"Your logic seems to be that if you don't like the laws in place, then don't obey them."

How did you arrive at that conclusion?  I thought I explained how stupid current law is.  That's not the same as advocating lawlessness.

However lawlessness is inevitable when there is demand on one side and supply on the other and the law tells people to ignore that reality.  Current law and resources are not acknowledging that reality, and politicians are more concerned with scoring political points with unrealistic solutions.  Does any intelligent person think that people willing to cross jungles, rivers, mountains, deserts and, in some cases, oceans to reach the US will look at a wall that a child can climb and give up?

16 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'll ignore the temptation to bring up the incoherent nonsense and lies of Trump.

You are ignoring my post about pertinent experience and qualifications, which Biden has in abundance and Trump lacks.

Nope I answered that.

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, FroeyD said:

Nope I answered that.

Alright, since you persist:

Biden makes verbal gaffes.  Trump goes into rambling nonsense like this:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago...."https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

Everyone makes gaffes.  Ramblings as incoherent as Trump's takes a defective brain.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Was Robert Gates wrong then?

But one member of former President Barack Obama’s team who wasn’t too sure how Biden would handle foreign policy issues as Commander-in-Chief was Robert Gates, the former defense secretary.

In a memoir, Gates alleged Biden had been "wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flashback-obama-defense-sec-biden-wrong-foreign-policy

There isn't enough detail about what Gates thought Biden was wrong about to comment.

However Robert Gates has serious "concerns", which he admits is a diplomatic way to put it, about a second Trump term.  https://www.newsweek.com/trump-2024-bid-would-concern-me-national-security-front-robert-gates-1708958  I agree with him on that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Your logic seems to be that if you don't like the laws in place, then don't obey them."

How did you arrive at that conclusion?  I thought I explained how stupid current law is.  That's not the same as advocating lawlessness.

However lawlessness is inevitable when there is demand on one side and supply on the other and the law tells people to ignore that reality.  Current law and resources are not acknowledging that reality, and politicians are more concerned with scoring political points with unrealistic solutions.  Does any intelligent person think that people willing to cross jungles, rivers, mountains, deserts and, in some cases, oceans to reach the US will look at a wall that a child can climb and give up?

"However, lawlessness is inevitable."  That says it all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Alright, since you persist:

Biden makes verbal gaffes.  Trump goes into rambling nonsense like this:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago...."https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

Everyone makes gaffes.  Ramblings as incoherent as Trump's takes a defective brain.

Yes “everyone makes gaffes” butDo a quick internet search and count how many examples (written or filmed )there are of Biden loosing his train of thought and people speaking of his mental decline and compare to how many there are of Trump.

Edited by FroeyD
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

"However, lawlessness is inevitable."  That says it all.

Really?  Are you so incapable of offering an intelligent reply that you have to resort to four out of context words?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FroeyD said:

Yes “everyone makes gaffes” butDo a quick internet search and count how many examples (written or filmed )there are of Biden loosing his train of thought and people speaking of his mental decline and compare to how many there are that say the same about Trump.

I did an internet search and provided one of many examples of Trump's incoherence.  Do your own search if you want to attempt to refute it.

Funny how none of the Trump supporters attempt to explain how he is qualified to be POTUS and hold the nuclear codes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

In the case of senile old fool Trump, absolutely nothing qualifies him.

In the case of Biden, we have decades of experience, first hand knowledge of nuclear doctrine (among other important topics) as it evolved from cold war MAD and the importance of the nuclear triad (things that I don't think Trump understands to this day), respect for expertise, understanding of how world affairs are negotiated in the best interest of the country (as opposed to the best interests of Trump's questionable businesses), etc. The list goes on and on. 

Simple minded fools think that any job they know nothing about, such as the Presidency, is simple.  Intelligent people know better.

In general, President Biden knows what he's doing in office.  Based on Trump's multiple business failures, legal problems and performance in office I don't think Trump ever knew what he was doing or worried about the consequences of his actions.  He just did whatever kept him in the limelight.

Not the sort of person I want to hold the nuclear codes.

The Southern Border? 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I don’t know but I just got back to CNX after spending two months back in So Cal.  First the good things:  1) Gas was under $4 a gallon. 2) Got a cheeseburger fries and a drink at my favorite In N out for $9 3) Got my usual Charles Shaw wine at Trader Joe’s for $3.49(no longer two buck chuck) but it was still a great bargain.   Now the bad: Tried to get a haircut for almost a week and just about every barber shop in my old neighborhood was booked solid for almost a week.  These barbershops now charge anywhere from $17 to $25 for a simple men’s haircut. Found a homeless guy sleeping in the hallway of the hotel I was staying in.  I was paying $140 a night and it was not great.  I saw more and more homeless people camped out on the sidewalks of my old neighborhood.  I grew up in the city of Torrance and it was always considered to be a solid middle class neighborhood.  The most shocking thing I saw was a job poster at a local Panda Express(for those who have never been to Panda and it is the most popular fast Chinese outlet in the US).  The starting pay at Panda is now $20 per hour.  Conversely a two item combo plate is now $12 dollars.  The days of lunch at Panda for $8 is long gone.  A plain bagel at one of my favorite places was $2.89.  I wonder how does the average person survive? 

The macro economic data announced by the Biden administration sounds really great.  GDP at over 3%, 300K in news jobs and the stock market at over 38,000 means little for those in the middle to lower end of society. Wal  Mart, Targer and Dollar Tree were all very crowed.  Other stores were not very busy.  If Trump gets convicted any of the charges pending by November then I guess “game over”.  In 2016 I did not vote for Trumps and in 2020 I  did not vote for either.  Life looks tough for most people I spoke to in So Cal.  Really don’t know how many will vote and for who.  

Californian votes won't matter. Only five or six states will.  Thanks for the on the ground report.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1