Biden Warns of a 'Nightmare' Future with Trump, Lists Reasons for Concern

Social Media

2 hours ago, FroeyD said:

Yes “everyone makes gaffes” butDo a quick internet search and count how many examples (written or filmed )there are of Biden loosing his train of thought and people speaking of his mental decline and compare to how many there are of Trump.

10 to 1 ratio. Same ratio of excuses.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Trump blocking a fix right now because he doesn't want to fix it he just wants the issue to run on. What a truly disgusting person always putting his selfish interests above the country.

YES YES YES... It's Trumps fault!!!  555

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nobody cares about Biden. He's smart enough to have his team do the heavy lifting. He's not a maniac like Trump, who doesn't listen to advice.

Very much the point. A President is just that, he presides over a government, which he has assembled. It might be worth considering the potential teams they are or will be presenting to run the government.

Now I suspect, based on quite a lot of the things he has said, that the "Trumpton team" will be selected or rejected as rewards for supporting, or retribution for criticising his personal aims, many of if not all of which are focused on his benefit rather than the countries.

What can you do for me, or what can you do for the country?

Edited by herfiehandbag

12 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Very much the point. A President is just that, he presides over a government, which he has assembled. It might be worth considering the potential teams they are or will be presenting to run the government.

Now I suspect, based on quite a lot of the things he has said, that the "Trumpton team" will be selected or rejected as rewards for supporting, or retribution for criticising his personal aims, many of if not all of which are focused on his benefit rather than the countries.

He's a Biget. They tell him what to say and do. Basically a puppet for the left.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

The nickname used by the British Army for a cardboard six pack of "Herforder" beer sold in Germany, and often carried when going to a party, barbeque or other "away fixture" - hence "Herfiehandbag ".

What is a Biget?

An 81yo guy with dementia.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

We should have an intelligent and effective process for legal immigration.  We don't.  We have this "Oh my god, they're not like me!" paranoia being exploited for political gain. 

The magnitude of this idiocy is stunning.  Many wealthy have demographic working against them, with a declining native born population, a declining working age population, and an expanding retired population.  We are not the only one, just the one best positioned to turn a slow moving crisis into an opportunity.

The US is in a remarkably enviable position:  Millions of the best, brightest, and most ambitious around the world want to live and work in our country.  People who will work, pay taxes, spend their earnings thus creating new jobs, and in general grow the US economy and save programs such as Social Security and Medicare from financial failure.  All we have to do is provide a means for them to enter the country and work for their betterment and ours.

Instead we have this shrieking, paranoid "Oh my god, crisis at the border!"  If we would at least provide the judicial and detainment funding required the crisis would be alleviated.  However too many people, most notably Trump, find it personally advantagious to prolong the situation for political gain.  Hence his oppostion to the bipartisan Senate bill on immigration  https://news.yahoo.com/senate-unveils-bipartisan-immigration-overhaul-033213171.html.

Regarding your link; I read opinions stated as facts and claims with questionable or nonexistent support.  So I checked and found this:

"Overall, we rate the Heritage Foundation Right Biased based on conservative policy positions and funding from right-leaning organizations. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to promoting misleading claims regarding global warming and the health dangers associated with tobacco."  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/

What does global warming and tobacco have to do with the costs of illegal immigration?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yeah. Kinda like how the current VP was selected, right? Or Sec. Transportation.... 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

We should have an intelligent and effective process for legal immigration.  We don't.  We have this "Oh my god, they're not like me!" paranoia being exploited for political gain. 

The magnitude of this idiocy is stunning.  Many wealthy have demographic working against them, with a declining native born population, a declining working age population, and an expanding retired population.  We are not the only one, just the one best positioned to turn a slow moving crisis into an opportunity.

The US is in a remarkably enviable position:  Millions of the best, brightest, and most ambitious around the world want to live and work in our country.  People who will work, pay taxes, spend their earnings thus creating new jobs, and in general grow the US economy and save programs such as Social Security and Medicare from financial failure.  All we have to do is provide a means for them to enter the country and work for their betterment and ours.

Instead we have this shrieking, paranoid "Oh my god, crisis at the border!"  If we would at least provide the judicial and detainment funding required the crisis would be alleviated.  However too many people, most notably Trump, find it personally advantagious to prolong the situation for political gain.  Hence his oppostion to the bipartisan Senate bill on immigration  https://news.yahoo.com/senate-unveils-bipartisan-immigration-overhaul-033213171.html.

Regarding your link; I read opinions stated as facts and claims with questionable or nonexistent support.  So I checked and found this:

"Overall, we rate the Heritage Foundation Right Biased based on conservative policy positions and funding from right-leaning organizations. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to promoting misleading claims regarding global warming and the health dangers associated with tobacco."  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/

Did you read the comments under your yahoo news link?

• Love It 1