Thailand in Crisis: Population plummets by 500k in 4 Years

webfact

Mis-count of Covid deaths.  The junta gov. - mainly Anutin - congratulated themselves on their made up numbers of deaths due to China-crap-vac the gov distributed (and grifted from).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A shallow population deline is probably a good thing. So getting it back to a shallow decline, rather than a steep decline is what may be useful. 

Much better than a lot of the net zero BS, which frequently sounds like sales pitches from interested factions, rather than than long term analysis.

Population decline does not fit to well on certain  spreadsheets though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Or whoever counts population made a mistake.

Or maybe Covid killed a lot more than was known at the time. Since Covid primarily killed old people, maybe Social Security is okay.

Well if the local census taker in our village, Old Toeless Tomchai, is any example perhaps they ran out of fingers and toes while counting 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Open the country up to professional working immigrants, problem solved.

If you want to keep the country largely Thai and closed to long term workers/residents then pay your nationals a livable wage and they will breed.

They make it ridiculously  difficult  enough with paperwork for the Burmese already and then you must name the work they can do and only for you.....why not just a single work permit for ANY job ANY employer......nah too  simple.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

Thai Maths are never the most reliable.

They don't need to increase the population they need to improve poverty & social security services. 

There are two classes Mega rich & majority Mega poor.

Government needs to address this problem,  not trying to increase Poverty 

I see those "megapoor" in the  vilage  daily  supping those 40 baht drinks............mega boneidle in many cases.

2 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Population decrease is happening all over the world where the cost of living is getting too high.

On the other hand, the population is increasing where there is not enough to feed the population.... 

its  not the cost of  living its the standard  of  living which that filthy dirty  polluting carbon beclhin oil has  given society, Thank you OIL which has raised standards of  living no end and thus the need for umpteen sprogs. Oil really is black gold. Undervalued and  slagged  off.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

not  only  that but what I see  from my Wifes  familys  kids are they are  bone idle, dont want to do any hard  work would rather  have no work, although then again their parents seem ok with this whilst  still working in the fields themselves.

Just recently one of her 10 brothers and sisters  drove from Loei to Bangkok to  collect the little  princess who lost her  job and couldnt pay her rent, yet still managed to buy those 50 baht drinks everyday. Wife appalled by this.

They want it  all want it  now and expect it for free........seems  the attitude and not only  in Thailand.

The new generation as you have so eloquently stated want it all now and expect it to be handed to them on a silver platter.  Yet migrant workers like my wife who is a Hair colorist and stylist can not do that job in Thailand as it's only a job a Thai can do, and unfortunately she had to close her shop during Covid and when she went to reopen was told no she could not.

Thais who want everything also don't want kids, so there is one reason the population is declining.

As the song by Dire Straits says "Money for Nothing......."

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe with a better health system in place less will die, every Thai person dreads the the day they will have to rely on

so called '30 baht public health system' which is scarce, long waiting list, absence of modern technologies and latests

medicins, that can be described at best as inadequate...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mbolo said:

I’ve been living/visiting for 50 years and I never once saw a census official . How do they make up these figures ? 

Perhaps through birth and death records.

• Like 2

I've been living in Isaan, on a property that is part of a smallish village, for about 3 1/2 years. The death rate here in that time has been shocking (includes both my wife's parents), mainly because of the high age of most of the residents.

There are few non-pensioners and even less children living locally. However, a disturbing number of the former have also died from illnesses related to cancer and liver disease, and in accidents on roads and farms. Just a couple of weeks ago someone was skittled on his bicycle on the highway. There are more empty houses in the village now than when we arrived here.

Whether deaths were attributed to covid or not, they all counted towards the death toll.

• Agree 1