Tucker Carlson: Putin takes charge as TV host gives free rein to Kremlin

Social Media

I wonder how many people commenting actually watched the interview in full.

Putin spoke some rubbish and also made some valid points. Either way, it's good to learn more about the man even if it confirms what many suspect about him.

Carlson's viewing figures are off the charts either way. Journalism and free speech might just still be alive and kicking. I'm sure the left will want to cancel him which is further evidence that he is doing something right. 

Personally, after all the propaganda I got from western governments lately (climate emergency, 76 genders, covid alarmism, identity politics, white privilege etc)  it was much more interesting to hear propaganda from the east for a change. He could run rings around Biden. Man vs boy.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

A great job by Tucker and Mr Putin. I do hope that viewers were comforted by Putin's grasp of history, by his calm demeanour, and that they believed his lack of desire to invade the whole of Europe. The event seemed to be meant to present Mr Putin as the calm and reasonable humanitarian man that I believe he is. 

Th e communications strategy for the Kremlin seem to be that Medvedev delivers the strength warnings of nuclear Armageddon and Putin is more restrained in his pronouncements.....bad cop/good cop if you like. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, transam said:

So you can't answer my question.............😂

His source is tainted so no he cannot answer you... the source has taken unbridled liberty in defining what constitutes an invasion... and it is incorrect in doing so... for instance it lists Vietnam as an invasion when in actuality the USA was invited by S Vietnam to help them repel the invasion from the north... hardly an invasion.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The Russians in the east of Ukraine are not ethnic. They were parachuted there on Stalin's orders, after he killed approximately 6 million Ukrainians in 1932-33 in the Holodomor.

Do you know what ethnic means? Look it up. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Never met him Never want to. I don't lie like he does. Even his lawyers admit that he doesn't tell the truth.

You didn't know this?

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

CNN lies too. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Journalism? What on earth are you talking about? When Carlson was still with Fox News and was sued for defamation, his Fox News bosses got the case dismissed by arguing that no reasonable person would take Carlson for his word -- essentially, that he is not a journalist but an entertainer, and that his job is not to investigate news stories but to generate ad revenue.

All of which is perfectly fine, if you enjoy that sort of entertainment. But please don’t call it “journalism.”

Name some journalists you like.

30 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Sad some fall for it

What are people falling for? Most people don't care about Russia, Ukraine or Biden/Trump much at all.

I rarely hear anyone taking about these things. Stood next to some Americans waiting in line and their convetsation was about lunch and what they did last week. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, candide said:

That was not an official promise, and the interlocutor at that time, the Soviet Union, collapsed since Russia declared its independence.

About the so-called peace plan, same quote:

"You can’t negotiate with a bear while it’s eating your leg,"

A few years ago I heard an audio recording of a man, while he was being eaten by a bear.   I still feel squeamish in my stomach when I think about it.   He was not trying to negotiate!

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Someone writes that Putin is a mass murderer and you deflect to Bush. Someone says that Carlson lies and you deflect to CNN. I say that Carlson is not a journalist and you deflect by asking me to name journalists. Sorry, deflection is the last resort for someone who doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

So you can't name any journalists you like? Too scared? Looks like it. Just rambling nonsense.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

When you take statistically meaningful samples of a population, you really go the whole hog.

It is the same every week. I don't hear people talking about these subjects. Most don't care. Why would they?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, transam said:

BN, his age has nothing to do with the thread, what is WMD and its relation to the topic....?

If not already answered ... WMD, weapons of mass destruction.   Chemical and biological warfare agents.   Some of them extremely nasty and extremely deadly, like, Sarin, VX, the atomic bomb and that other more bigger bomb. 

4 minutes ago, uttradit said:

It is the same every week. I don't hear people talking about these subjects. Most don't care. Why would they?

You expect them to be discussing the subject all the time, during their waking hours?

There are people on this and other forums posting on Russia, Ukraine and Putin every minute. Check out YouTube, there are dozens of videos, and millions of viewers.

You're coming the raw prawn.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

You expect them to be discussing the subject all the time, during their waking hours?

There are people on this and other forums posting on Russia, Ukraine and Putin every minute. Check out YouTube, there are dozens of videos, and millions of viewers.

You're coming the raw prawn.

I'm talking about regular people and conversations face to face. 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I wonder how many people commenting actually watched the interview in full.

One of the few times in my life I wished my grandparents taught me Russian.  Because I don't know if Putin is a blithering idiot with an amazing translator.  Somehow, I doubt it.  But it would take a Russian speaker to know for sure.  And a lot of listening and parsing.

BTW, Russian was only spoken in our house when the grandparents didn't want us to know what they were saying.  They encouraged us to take Spanish or French in high school, because they wanted us to be Americans.  Not Russkie transplants.