Paetongtarn fears her father will be re-arrested for violating royal defamation laws

webfact

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So she is worried that the criminal convict will go again to jail. So sad.

Who will play now with her kids? Who will tell her what to do in his party?

It must be really hard for her. She was so used to special treatment for her father for his whole life. 

What do you mean "will go again to jail." ? - He hasn't been there yet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I could agree with you on that IF only every general involved in a military coup were put on trial for treason against the state and executed.

Or is staging a military coup against an elected government and deposing them, OK by you?

Totally correct all the coup makers should be arrested too and in public beheaded.... but the army have made a constitution that protect them from everything and amendment are almost impossible to make. Thaksin came home like a hero, no prison, but fake illness to spend in hospital and now free waiting for his parole.. Re arrested?? Impossible 

If Thaksin is released on parole, does being convicted of another crime means he has broken the conditions of parole?

If only Paetongtarn had voted Move Forward...

Edited by Purdey
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Then why did they not do anything about the stupid Thai defamation law when they were in power?

I think Taksin was too busy using them to silence his opponents when he was in power. I remember he used the defamation law against PAD in 2006 and there may well have been other cases..it was a long time ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

I think Taksin was too busy using them to silence his opponents when he was in power. I remember he used the defamation law against PAD in 2006 and there may well have been other cases..it was a long time ago. 

Thaksin loved Thai defamation laws. He sued countless people through his lawyer, tiring them up in court cases for years. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 7:45 AM, jippytum said:

is she's trying to drum up some sympathy for her father that boat has sailed. Millions would be delighted if he was arrested and removed to a proper jail. Just wishful thinking . Not much chance really of this corrupt family being accountable  to the laws of Thailand

There are millions who would be very upset as well.

• Sad 1