Thai soldier rapes his stepdaughter, mother forgives rapist

webfact

426182732_703303438555624_654805374712348177_n.jpg

A Thai soldier raped his 14 year old stepdaughter and got her pregnant. The victim’s mother and grandmother insist that the charges be dropped because they are family, and the rapist is the household’s breadwinner.

A Thai teacher at a school in the Isaan province of Udon Thani filed a complaint at Mueang Udon Thani Police Station on February 6 after learning her student, identified only as A, had been raped. The teacher said A had a developmental delay and she was paying close attention to her.

The teacher noticed that A seemed depressed, unlike before, so she wondered if her student had any problems at home. A finally revealed the sexual assault to her teacher saying her 32 year old stepfather, a sergeant major first class, did it. The name of the soldier was not revealed in the report.

A explained that the incident took place about four to five months ago when she was ill and at home alone with her stepfather. She took medicine which made her feel drowsy and she fell asleep. The stepfather lay down next to her, hugged her, took off her shorts and sexually assaulted her.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ MGR Online อีสานบ้านเฮา

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

38 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This is Thai mentality for you. so uneducated.  Stepdaughter suffers because the family rapist pays the bills.

sick ...

nothing more to say on this ..

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

her options are .. have him charged and locked up and kicked out of the family ... then go and get a job or a new bf who doesn't rape family. 

32 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I already hear the sound of the rapist support bunch in the distance.

Not sure your first post was sincere 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, this is shocking.

But I wonder what would happen if he goes to jail and then obviously he can't support the family anymore.

Will any government institution take care of the mother and child?

How will they pay for their food if he doesn't work anymore?

This is just a question; I don't say the charges should be dropped. But I think we should be fair to the mother and look at reality. What are her options? 

Her options are to file charges like any normal mother would to ensure this predator is held responsible for attacking an underage girl. The more these animals are allowed to get away with these kinds of crimes, the more will commit them. In a country where fathers are more absent than most anywhere on earth, this is something girls, and women, should take into account before having children . The justice system, as weak as any on earth, allows many crimes to go unpunished or at the least, to be paid off. Men here aren't paying child support unless they are foreigners, and the men here know this, so they have sex with as many women as they can dupe, and the kids more than likely will end up with grandma. Most every story we hear like this has no father around, or in this case, a stepfather, who are the most likely to be predators when a rape is committed when family is involved. This is a harsh offense on a child. There is not recourse besides full punishment. The mother can work to support her family. If people care about having kids, they have to do what is responsible for them. That means working, protecting them, and keeping them away from predators by teaching them how men are. Of course this won't stop all rapes, but it will cut the amount down. Thais seem to survive with family help all over Thailand. You don't see the amount of homeless you do in other countries. Many have up to 10 living in a small house, all chipping in on the farm to make sure they have rice every day. They are survivors and seem to always get by with little money, so looking at how this woman will feed her kids isn't really an issue. This "man" is human garbage, and should be treated as same.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Do you honestly believe he will continue taking care of said family. The wife doesn't work....probably, the grandmother who is probably in her 50's doesn't work....probably. The reality in my book is they are beyond lazy, they don't look beyond the next meal and are willing to let this trash stay with them.

I don't know.

I wrote this comment because I am sure this is a problem for the victims not just in this case.

Sometimes people have to take care of small children or old people or there are other valid reasons why they can't work.

I wonder if there is any Thai institution which helps people in situations like that.

47 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

Why would the mother have the option to drop the charges? She was not the one that was raped.

Coz "children can't consent etc. Children can't understand anything about sexuality. Their brains are not mature. Etc.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

The mother's reluctance to press charges isn't as incomprehensible and backward as it might initially appear. With the daughter being developmentally impaired, there is a strong possibility that she will be dependent on her parents throughout her life. The imprisonment of the family breadwinner would likely doom the mother and daughter to a lifetime of poverty. I am wondering what those condemning the mother would do if they found themselves in a similar situation? I was relieved to read that the police insisted on pursuing charges, but those sitting in judgment of the mother need to consider the pragmatic choices people are forced to make when faced with life's harsh realities. 

Not in this case,the soldier guy can never be trusted to be alone with the girl ever again!

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, jvs said:

Not in this case,the soldier guy can never be trusted to be alone with the girl ever again!

Not if he had his tackle removed........

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/10/2024 at 9:19 AM, jvs said:

read the full story in the Thaiger 

the soldier confessed to raping his stepdaughter but insisted he did not mean to. He claimed that the rape happened when he was wiping her body to lower the temperature. He insisted that the sexual assault only happened once.

Until the next time !

more sick is the mother figure and grandmother who basically just condemed this child to a life of doom.

where's my rusty razor ?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, mania said:

Jeezus 😲

Let's see which choices most people make, if reality would be to be homeless and 100% broke, in countries like these. To then imagine a lower average IQ and no education on top, not really helpful. But yeah, sick stories.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

Why would the mother have the option to drop the charges? She was not the one that was raped.

Old traditional Thai law that often still unofficially is followed in places I guess. Technically they would need to marry for buddha and it's done.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is Thai mentality for you. so uneducated.  Stepdaughter suffers because the family rapist pays the bills.

sick ...

nothing more to say on this ..

but you have 😉

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

that's easily fixed, complete removal of the dangerous weapon will cure any ongoing problem - win-win all round, daughter is safe and bread winner keeps earning wages.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, mania said:

Jeezus 😲

Unfortunately that is the working class financial reality in Thailand, without him they are homeless and hungry, so forgive and forget.....or pretend to. If the mothers financial situation changes for the better in the future however I wouldn't bet too much on his genital security.

• Like 1

Reality check, Thailand has effectively no social security system. Families need money to survive. Unfortunately it is necessary for this beast to continue providing money to support the family including the girl and her baby, which means he has to stay out of prison. A better form of punishment would be a penectomy (removal of the penis) do not remove the gonads. He then retains his strength and energy from natural testosterone produced by the gonads and so is capable of continuing his service or leaving the army and working in a civilian occupation but can never rape her again because he has no penis. Effectively he becomes the family wage slave.

Edited by RobU
Additional comment