Thai soldier rapes his stepdaughter, mother forgives rapist

webfact

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How will they pay for their food if he doesn't work anymore?

This is just a question; I don't say the charges should be dropped. But I think we should be fair to the mother and look at reality. What are her options? 

Her option might be to get a job, like most people do. That pays for food.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai soldier raped his 14 year old stepdaughter and got her pregnant. The victim’s mother and grandmother insist that the charges be dropped because they are family, and the rapist is the household’s breadwinner.

Speechless....

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, jippytum said:

Young females in Thailand are often abused sexually  by family members. sadly they receive little protection or helpfull assistance from  social welfare authorities or the police. 

From the age of about 13 girls start practicing 'flirting'. The men they practice on are those they trust, father's, uncles,teachers etc they don't expect things to go further they just want to see what effect they have on men. Mature responsible men are aware of this and would not go futher, but unfortunately many Thai men seem to have not grown up and abuse this trust by raping the child and stating that 'she asked for it' . It was a common excuse given by family rapists in the UK, which fortunately is not recognised as valid

Edited by RobU
Typo
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

With the daughter being developmentally impaired

what the fk?  

The imprisonment of the family breadwinner would likely doom the mother and daughter to a lifetime of poverty.

It is highly unlikely he will stick around after all this has been outed, their doom has already been decided.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The mother's reluctance to press charges isn't as incomprehensible and backward as it might initially appear. With the daughter being developmentally impaired, there is a strong possibility that she will be dependent on her parents throughout her life. The imprisonment of the family breadwinner would likely doom the mother and daughter to a lifetime of poverty. I am wondering what those condemning the mother would do if they found themselves in a similar situation? I was relieved to read that the police insisted on pursuing charges, but those sitting in judgment of the mother need to consider the pragmatic choices people are forced to make when faced with life's harsh realities. 

she's in school ..     so does not sound like she's a veg ,, 

maybe she just can't read well ..     

main types of developmental disabilities include

autism spectrum disorder,    which can be greatly reduced or eliminated thru a  proper human diet  

cerebral palsy,

fetal alcohol spectrum disorders,   gee.   who could be blamed for that one ?   only the mother

Down syndrome,

attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)    also not life debilitating

and what about the child that will be born soon ?    think this gives more creedance to let jack the raper dance free......

What can one say? One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more.

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Also, it is my observation that alot of parents seem to have lost the art of parenting. The child sort of becomes the boss. This is epidemic in Thai households with the sons, who are treated as if they are very special, when they are just ordinary boys, who have proven nothing to the world yet, as to their worthiness for adulation. As a result, children today are less self-reliant. Many preteen children don’t yet know how to be alone at bedtime and they haven’t been forced to learn. Parents band-aid the issue by allowing co-sleeping.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just have a look at the Thai soaps,girl gets raped and in the end she marries the guy

and they all live happily ever after.

Rape is being normalized and/or ignored here.

I know a girl that was raped by some idiot ,she never even reported it because she was scared of the guy.

Six months later some one shot him.

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

Young females in Thailand are often abused sexually  by family members. sadly they receive little protection or helpfull assistance from  social welfare authorities or the police. 

I know for a fact somebody has done this on here to his stepdaughter resulting in a child, he has not posted a comment!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai soldier raped his 14 year old stepdaughter and got her pregnant. The victim’s mother and grandmother insist that the charges be dropped because they are family, and the rapist is the household’s breadwinner.

Money, as always.

Pimping out their daughters, so prevalent.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is Thai mentality for you. so uneducated.  Stepdaughter suffers because the family rapist pays the bills.

sick ...

nothing more to say on this ..

Yes, it's tantamount to prostituting the daughter for $upport of the family. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

426182732_703303438555624_654805374712348177_n.jpg

A Thai teacher at a school in the Isaan province of Udon Thani filed a complaint at Mueang Udon Thani Police Station on February 6 after learning her student, identified only as A, had been raped. The teacher said A had a developmental delay and she was paying close attention to her.

The teacher noticed that A seemed depressed, unlike before, so she wondered if her student had any problems at home. A finally revealed the sexual assault to her teacher saying her 32 year old stepfather, a sergeant major first class, did it. The name of the soldier was not revealed in the report.

A explained that the incident took place about four to five months ago when she was ill and at home alone with her stepfather. She took medicine which made her feel drowsy and she fell asleep. The stepfather lay down next to her, hugged her, took off her shorts and sexually assaulted her.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ MGR Online อีสานบ้านเฮา

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

I do not understand how the police can let these criminals who confessed out of their custody. In the article it says he confessed and 2 hours later left the police station. Ridiculous. 

Officers told ThaiRath that the soldier confessed to raping his stepdaughter but insisted he did not mean to. He claimed that the rape happened when he was wiping her body to lower the temperature. He insisted that the sexual assault only happened once.

The rapist turned himself in yesterday, February 8, and admitted to his crime. The man refused to give an interview to the media and quickly left the police station after two hours of questioning.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love my step daughters, like they were my own!

Breaks my heart to hear this.

The part about the family so dependent on the rapist  for financial necessities is extremely sad .

Brings me back to my childhood days living with a extremely  abusive alcoholic father and a enabler mother !

• Like 1

Make a court order to stay away from the family, award the family a reasonable maintenance fee, and for this fee to be deducted at source from his army pay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

This guy needs locked up (and more).  He's a deviant and is a threat to rape again and again.  He'll be the breadwinner now, and later leave to look for other prey.  

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Her options are getting a J-O-B and not being a lazy sack of **** relying on a pedophile rapist to pay her bills. In another country a mother would stab the SOB - here they "forgive him" because it's easier than going to work. There is no excuse. Given the daughter's age and his age the mother is probably in her early 30's, and the grandmother around 50 - nowhere near retirement age and both could work, if they wanted to.

It's always interesting when some people think they know all the answers without actually knowing any facts.

Do you know if she is able to work? Maybe she has to take care of someone. Maybe she is disabled. Some people can't work even if they want to work.

I don't know the details of this case. My comment was just a general question. Because I am sure there are at least some people out there who are in the desperate situation that they need someone to support them - even if that someone is a bad guy.

It would be great if there are any institutions in Thailand who would help people who really need help.

Maybe such institutions exist. That was/is my question. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's always interesting when some people think they know all the answers without actually knowing any facts.

Do you know if she is able to work? Maybe she has to take care of someone. Maybe she is disabled. Some people can't work even if they want to work.

I don't know the details of this case. My comment was just a general question. Because I am sure there are at least some people out there who are in the desperate situation that they need someone to support them - even if that someone is a bad guy.

It would be great if there are any institutions in Thailand who would help people who really need help.

Maybe such institutions exist. That was/is my question. 

not sure I would agree with your assumption .... if she was disabled or incapable I would expect it would have been mentioned in the story because that's noteworthy.

lazy or soldier reliant would be more fitting i would anticipate.

Edited by steven100

On 2/10/2024 at 2:45 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

If she was disabled it would've probably been mentioned. Much more likely both her and the grandmother are just lazy and figured they'd make more sitting at home and mooching from a man than going to work for a low wage.

I have more respect for hookers who go out and sell themselves so they can take care of their kid(s) than I do for a lazy sack of potatos who'd literally rather stay with a man that raped her daughter than work. When there is a will there is a way. I've met so many Thais carving out a living with their claws, what makes this snowflake special?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:56 AM, Gecko123 said:

The mother's reluctance to press charges isn't as incomprehensible and backward as it might initially appear. With the daughter being developmentally impaired, there is a strong possibility that she will be dependent on her parents throughout her life. The imprisonment of the family breadwinner would likely doom the mother and daughter to a lifetime of poverty. I am wondering what those condemning the mother would do if they found themselves in a similar situation? I was relieved to read that the police insisted on pursuing charges, but those sitting in judgment of the mother need to consider the pragmatic choices people are forced to make when faced with life's harsh realities. 

So your idea would be to let the poor girl live in a household where she is abused and raped the rest of her life by her stepfather...getting impregnated over and over again?  No supper from her mother or other family...who will tell her to take it as the man raping her is the one working? 

How will his money go towards raising the babies the girl has?  

And the girls offspring will be in danger from their own father once they grow up a bit. 

Edited by jak2002003

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So your idea would be to let the poor girl live in a household where she is abused and raped the rest of her life by her stepfather...getting impregnated over and over again?  No supper from her mother or other family...who will tell her to take it as the man raping her is the one working? 

How will his money go towards raising the babies the girl has?  

And the girls offspring will be in danger from their own father once they grow up a bit. 

That's not what I said at all. As I stated, I was relieved to read that the step-father was being prosecuted. Nor did I ever say that I agreed with the mother and grandmother's sentiment that he shouldn't be prosecuted.

All I said was that when you considered the dire economic hardship that the family (grandmother, wife, daughter, grandchild) will likely be facing due to the loss of the family breadwinner, their initial reaction to his arrest isn't as incomprehensible and backward as many posters on this thread have judged it to be.

Edited by Gecko123

On 2/10/2024 at 2:19 PM, spidermike007 said:

What can one say? One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more.

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Also, it is my observation that alot of parents seem to have lost the art of parenting. The child sort of becomes the boss. This is epidemic in Thai households with the sons, who are treated as if they are very special, when they are just ordinary boys, who have proven nothing to the world yet, as to their worthiness for adulation. As a result, children today are less self-reliant. Many preteen children don’t yet know how to be alone at bedtime and they haven’t been forced to learn. Parents band-aid the issue by allowing co-sleeping.

On the nail.

Look at the picture of him turning up. I'm no psychologist but he doesn't seem bothered at all.

Yet another self entitled scum bag native male.

I wonder, given his rank just how many others he's done this to.

If he gets off does he keep his job, rank, being saluted everyday?

Bet your baht he does.

Lowlife scum from top to bottom. Mentioning her mental incapacity only highlights what has already been decided.

Poor kid.

• Thanks 2