The "Exodus" of European Farangs, The Trap.

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

Marry a Thai government employee for virtually free medical and hospital cover. 

Next. 

I'm not sure if marrying a government employee makes you entitled for free medical services, but it's definitely possible for a foreigner to have a Thai social insurance. And no need to be married for that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know how anyone can still smoke in Australia, tobacco is insanely expensive. IIRC, $60 for a pack of 20.

IMO if the only way a person can enjoy themselves is with drugs, fags and booze, that's a pretty sad existence.

you are probably right, but we could also add Cars, Motorcycles, Women, Families, Extravagant food, Foreign Holidays , Football, Gambling , Designer clothes,  Smartphones , Computers etc. etc.  I would say life is for living and doing whatever one enjoys, whilst one is able to, regardless of what others may consider inappropriate.

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not sure what the silly reasoning behind this is, for a lot of more simple healthcare, this is no issue to pay in cash, even with a small pension. For bigger things, one can simply fly back home anyway. People who reason like the OP, limit themself, all their life, and miss out on the best things in life.

25% of guys die before even making it to 65 in the first place. People should learn to enjoy life more instead of saving for a 5% chance of becoming 90+

Exactly, a fortune in the bank is not much use if one is knocked down and killed by a bus.  "One life, live it" !  was a popular slogan emblazoned on the front of  T shirts,

some also  had  "One wife, leave it"   written on the back   lol

Death will come soon enough to us all, When  lying in a hospital bed covered in urine , vomit and faeces ,  the only consolation will be our memories,  

5 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Please provide  credible links/sources to the above!

PS; Where do you buy the tinfoil for your hat?

4 hours ago, BE88 said:

Where in the article does it discuss or even mention government involvement in the use /overdosage of two perfectly legal drugs. 

I suggest you renew your your tin foil hat! 

• Haha 1