Move over elephant pants, “Capybara pants” are here!

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, retarius said:

Jesus. Whatever next.

Chanthaburi's provincial emblem is the rabbit in the moon. Rabbit logos galore across the province.

Two weeks ago, rabbit pants in the style of elephant pants went on sale.

I keep seeing this term "Soft Power" recently.

To be honest, I have no idea what it means and had to look it up, but still not clear. I just cannot see how these pants can be defined as "soft power"!

Can somebody please explain?

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The zoo’s “Kha Moo and the gang” Facebook page introduced its new pants, stating that this will be an element of the zoo’s new “soft power”.

What is this rubbish ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, loong said:

I keep seeing this term "Soft Power" recently.

To be honest, I have no idea what it means and had to look it up, but still not clear. I just cannot see how these pants can be defined as "soft power"!

Can somebody please explain?

In politics (and particularly in international politics), soft power is the ability to co-opt rather than coerce (in contrast with hard power). It involves shaping the preferences of others through appeal and attraction. Soft power is non-coercive, using culture, political values, and foreign policies to enact change.

I guess when someone at the zoo translated the above paragraph into Thai language, their AI-app must have somehow interpreted a portion as "capybara pants"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

While Thai elephant pants have become a viral sensation, Khao Kheow Open Zoo, in Thailand’s Chonburi province, has introduced its new “capybara pants”, which are expected to go on sale in March.

They are so stupid!! Capybaras don't wear pants, and even if they did they dont have money to buy them.

• Haha 2

Thailand is doomed, first we have Thaksin back on the streets, followed by a population decrease, and if that wasn't enough now we have to talk for a month about Capybara pants, wake up for the sake of the Kingdom. Oh and I forget there was probably 50 people killed on the roads yesterday.