Expat Clubs -Why don't you go?

To the title ... same reason I don't go to any bars with expats.  I get enough people complaining about life and bashing Thais right here on AN :coffee1:

Sit in a bar or buffet restaurant during daytime ... NO.   Don't usually do buffets anyway.

At night, unless on the prowl, got better things to do.   If on the prowl, it wouldn't be a bar with other expats in there, as they're probably in the P4P bars.

Use to attend once a month forum get togethers and quite enjoyable.  Once a month was more than enough, though most at night market or open air venue.   Early ones were in bars, but think got old fast, and fresh air was a welcome change.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

I came to Thailand to experience Thai people and culture, not hang with the same old crowd.

I agree, but old whities are good for a laugh too. My largest ethnic cohort that I hang out with is Chinese potheads.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Now you're just comically lying.

Breakfast at The Duke's

Logo for the sponsors

March 2nd, Buffet opens @ 9:30 am

A great western breakfast buffet for only 395 baht or if you register on the survey link below you will receive a 100-baht discount, making your all you can eat scrumptious breakfast only 295 baht. Best bargain in Chiang Mai.

370165339 3568026456780188 6298971153178446716 n
LINE ALBUM Saturday Breakfast 230511 12
LINE ALBUM Saturday Breakfast 230511 18
384562872 6891951664254195 5970227073192757878 n

Make your reservations now as we usually sellout early.

I thought you were talking about the snore-arama general meeting being "sold out".

Plenty of seats available at that heifer-fest.

Yeah, Duke's does a nice buffet, sure. Went for Thanksgiving.

Edited by Prubangboy

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

No, never been interested...:whistling:

It's a good time to start. Let us know how it goes. Please don't touch the food or eating utensils at the buffet, it can spread sickness.

Edited by JimTripper

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It's a good time to start. Let us know how it goes. Please don't touch the food or eating utensils at the buffet, it can spread sickness.

Thanks, but not really, I'm really not interested...:thumbsup:

On 2/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, KhunLA said:

To the title ... same reason I don't go to any bars with expats.  I get enough people complaining about life and bashing Thais right here on AN :coffee1:

Sit in a bar or buffet restaurant during daytime ... NO.   Don't usually do buffets anyway.

At night, unless on the prowl, got better things to do.   If on the prowl, it wouldn't be a bar with other expats in there, as they're probably in the P4P bars.

I can sometimes be found in Malabar.

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

It's all most know.

Sad.

A lot of expat wives don’t have the social opportunities that their husbands have through their jobs, and routinely have to adapt to new countries, new schools, etc.  The expat clubs are a great source of support from those who have gone through the same.

Now 4+ page thread so I haven't read it.

I do recall some 13 years ago, having just moved to Thailand. I went to Pattaya (Mercure Hotel?) meeting, registered & got my life-time card.

But I looked and saw a room full of Westeners in Thailand. Hell I just left Westeners behind....not for me thanks.

So I guess I turned myself off without attending a possibly singlular valuable meeting.

Each to our own.🙃🙃

On 2/17/2024 at 3:25 AM, JimTripper said:

One meets a lot of guys like this at expat clubs.

I'm sorry, there was a story there somewhere, but I couldn't stop staring at his snaggletooth on the lower left. 😁

That story reminds me about the Brit who found a filipina through facebook, moved in with her and she, along with her family fleeced him for 7 years. I heard him described as the stupidest man in the Philippines. The guy was writing a blog on britishexpats.com for years, everyone was telling him exactly what she was doing but according to him he had it under control. The woman had 4 kids from a previous relationship when he thought she had none. I check in sometimes to see if he still around, and he is, surprisingly.