Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

There was a similar incident on an EVA Air flight from London to Bangkok recently. The flight had to divert to Vienna where the unruly couple were removed from the plane.  The woman then took out 5000 pounds and threw it all over the runway ( having refused to pay for an upgrade whilst still on the plane )

https://www.businessinsider.com/eva-air-passenger-kicked-off-plane-diverted-flight-2023-10

I really dread these long flights now. I'm thinking of getting myself a nice big crate with carpet and sleeping bag then shipping myself back to London as cargo on my next trip. A 12 hour flight is gruelling as it is but if you getan idiot sat next to you it would be absolute hell. 

Edited by Denim

1 minute ago, Denim said:

There was a similar incident on an EVA Air flight from London to Bangkok recently. The flight had to divert to Vienna where the unruly couple were removed from the plane.  The woman then took out 5000 pounds and threw it all over the runway ( having refused to pay for an upgrade whilst still on the plane )

https://www.businessinsider.com/eva-air-passenger-kicked-off-plane-diverted-flight-2023-10

I really dread these long flights now. I'm thinking of getting myself a nice big crate with carpet and sleeping bag then shipping myself back to London as cargo on my next trip. A 12 hour flight is gruelling as it is but if you getan idiot sat next to you it would be absolute hell. 

Not so bad. I spent 10 hours in an airport. Ate 3 burgers spaced 2.5 hours apart for entertainment. Then the plane took off an hour late. All in all I took 3 flights plus waited 15 hours. Those burgers tasted nice.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

Suggest alcohol and drug testing before boarding for those showing ‘unusual’ behaviour. Staff and other passengers should not be subjected to the behaviour described here.

there is too much pressure on airline attendants to enforce civility and discipline

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

there is too much pressure on airline attendants to enforce civility and discipline

Mostly women and gay guys. Not much chance against a drunk thug. That's why they should hire ex mma guys. Give these drunks a lesson.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, uttradit said:

The real world? Smart tourists? Yes they are really clever paying double price for meals and visiting such gems as The Eiffel Tower or Pai. Really smart people.

One person's treasure, another's trash. You make judgements, but have nothing in hand (nothing upstairs either, apparently) with which to objectively judge. But there's a seat for every ass, just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What's it to you if people make a lot more money than you do and are happy to spend it enjoying their lives in the way that they like? So what if they even willingly paid triple? And maybe they even leave tips that are not expected, even of very large amounts because they enjoyed the service and they are happy to do so. How stupid that must seem to you🤯
Or are you just jealous that you can't afford to go up the Eiffel Tower or even to Pai? In Pai, there are some very cheap hostels, guesthouses, or even homestays. Or you could always do it with a tent and go camping! Then you could really look down your nose at those dummies staying in luxury resorts with private villas or in boutique hotels! Imagine the foolishness of those numbskulls!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sig said:

One person's treasure, another's trash. You make judgements, but have nothing in hand (nothing upstairs either, apparently) with which to objectively judge. But there's a seat for every ass, just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What's it to you if people make a lot more money than you do and are happy to spend it enjoying their lives in the way that they like? So what if they even willingly paid triple? And maybe they even leave tips that are not expected, even of very large amounts because they enjoyed the service and they are happy to do so. How stupid that must seem to you🤯
Or are you just jealous that you can't afford to go up the Eiffel Tower or even to Pai? In Pai, there are some very cheap hostels, guesthouses, or even homestays. Or you could always do it with a tent and go camping! Then you could really look down your nose at those dummies staying in luxury resorts with private villas or in boutique hotels! Imagine the foolishness of those numbskulls!

Nice piece of trash there. Why bother writing such trash? You just proved me right yet again.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

Ganja

Ganja mellows you out. If he did too much he would not be able to get out of his chair and walk only sit there and smile.Sounds to me that he popped the wrong kind of pill combined with too many cocktails

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Are you kidding? In the US, they need to institute an IQ requirement just to enter the airline terminals. Have you seen all the brawls that happen in US airports?

All of the brawls? I was traveling in the US recently... took maybe 10 or 11 flights. That's 20+ times through US airports in a short time period. Didn't see or hear of a single brawl in any airport I passed through nor did I hear of any brawls in any other airport in the country at the time. How do I have the misfortune of taking part in this American pastime? Or is it not really a thing, except in social media?🤔
:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlest1971 said:

Every flight, by law, should have at least two trained plain clothed security guards, on board, to resolve situations like this. Passengers like this should be tranquillised and restrained, for the safety other passengers.  

.................or strapped to the wings and given 50 lashes.............🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sig said:

All of the brawls? I was traveling in the US recently... took maybe 10 or 11 flights. That's 20+ times through US airports in a short time period. Didn't see or hear of a single brawl in any airport I passed through nor did I hear of any brawls in any other airport in the country at the time. How do I have the misfortune of taking part in this American pastime? Or is it not really a thing, except in social media?🤔
:coffee1:

Did you eat a donut?

3 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps you should start your own thread, "This is my Life"...........🥴

"Reminiscing on my younger days" - When I was just minding my own business and stuff. 

What a story

I'm going to make a cuppa now, if anyone is interested.

4 hours ago, transam said:

I hope the UK makes an example of the bloke with some time.

The bloke probably was homesick of his Saturday night altercations........🥴

Lifetime ban from all airlines would be the least of the punishment I'd give him.

• Like 1

If this was shortly after take-off not sure why the Captain didn't immediately return to SVB or divert to the nearest suitable airport. Keeping a demonstrably violent passenger un-restrained until arrival in London 12 hours later (or Dubai 5 hours away) doesn't sound particularly good from an aircraft safety perspective.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BKKBike09 said:

If this was shortly after take-off not sure why the Captain didn't immediately return to SVB or divert to the nearest suitable airport. Keeping a demonstrably violent passenger un-restrained until arrival in London 12 hours later (or Dubai 5 hours away) doesn't sound particularly good from an aircraft safety perspective.

Not easy. Landing clearance. Get scumbag off. Take off again. 3 hours wasted. The pilot did ok. The scumbag was restrained and arrested.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oink said:

Agreed, Brits do now normally wear baseball caps, it is an American thing

When was the last time you were in the uk? A high percentage of Brits wear baseball caps these days and me included. 

• Sad 1