Prostatitis: what diet

zhounan

20 hours ago, zhounan said:

I was recently diagnosed with prostatitis. If you also have this problem, what do you avoid eating so that your prostate does not become inflamed?

Apart from medication I recommend to avoid Alcohol, meat, sugar. Take a handfull of dried pumpkin seeds daily.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Avoid Dairy, alcohol, red meat  and spicy foods. 

Eat a Mediterranean type diet.

Drinks lots of water, don't sit too much try to stay active.  Ejaculate as much as possible.

For the first part I would like to give you an ,,agree" emoji and for the last sentence a "laughing" emoji, though you're right.🙏🙏😂👍

long term antibiotics, except the oral route it hardly affect the bacteria in your prostate... you probably go from current inflammation/infections over months to long term inflammation...

milking the prostate, if you find a professional... not joking... to get as much bacteria out, drinking and peeing a lot... 

A topic which increasingly affects we males.

Found that alcohol, spices, sugar ( and heavy sugar laden products ) can easily initiate a bout.

There is a line of thinking that it can be a result of pudendal nerve entrapment ( think pelvic cavity ) - mostly troubles females particularly after child berth but guys can have the issue also.

Endless antibiotics are not the answer unless specifically indicated.  

4 hours ago, blazes said:

The normal medication for this is Finasteride.  Has the dubious distinction of also re-growing hair (if you are bald).  Has to be taken indefinitely after prostatitis has been diagnosed. 

Incorrect. Finasteride is used to treat BPH = enlarged prostate, and not inflammation of said organ. 

Ooops sorry Sheryl, you already told him.

48 minutes ago, Capt Rob said:

A topic which increasingly affects we males.

Found that alcohol, spices, sugar ( and heavy sugar laden products ) can easily initiate a bout.

There is a line of thinking that it can be a result of pudendal nerve entrapment ( think pelvic cavity ) - mostly troubles females particularly after child berth but guys can have the issue also.

Endless antibiotics are not the answer unless specifically indicated.  

Would think that high blood sugar levels might exacerbate it as well.

On 2/16/2024 at 9:24 AM, BritManToo said:

I ate Norfloxacin 400 .........

1/2 tab every morning and evening until the 10 tabs were used.

Then the next month same repeat.

Worked for me, but there may be some risks involved.

But why, Norfloxacin is an anti-biotic.....prostatitis is normally not an infection

The correct recommended drug is Finasteride, which helps in early symptoms in benign enlargement of the prostate

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you have prostatitis, your prostate is by definition already inflammed.

Diet will not help this.

Treatment is prolonged course of antibiotics. (somewhat shorter is an identified STD is the cause)

Wrong! Sorry.

Benign enlargement of the prostate is hardly ever a bacterial infection.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Finasteride does NOT treat prostatitis.

It treats benign enlargement of the prostate (BPH) which is an altogether different condition.

sorry my bad....inattentive reading

4 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

But why, Norfloxacin is an anti-biotic.....prostatitis is normally not an infection

The correct recommended drug is Finasteride, which helps in early symptoms in benign enlargement of the prostate

Prostatitis IS  usually due to infection.

And as previously said Finasteride does NOT treat Prostatitis. It treats benign enlargement of prostate which is an entirely different problem.

4 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Wrong! Sorry.

Benign enlargement of the prostate is hardly ever a bacterial infection.

Of course not.

But OP does not have BPH. He has prostatitis which IS usually due to infection. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Of course not.

But OP does not have BPH. He has prostatitis which IS usually due to infection. 

Quite so.

And a common source of the infection is from the rectum.

Personal hygiene of personal parts is the recommended prevention. 

Dear Zhounan,  after watching family/friends being diagnosed with multiple prostrate ailments with scary names and expensive treatments that never seemed to permanently work, I embarked on a research project to fix mine.

Books I read gave me the answer.  When the human body takes in an overabundance of processed food/drink, the body deposits the undigested synthetic chemicals/inorganic minerals throughout the body, to include the prostrate.  This gums up the mechanics leading to prostrate problems.

To permanently correct the issue and flush out the impurities I ate more natural foods like fruits, vegetables, and nuts, as well as drinking mostly pure distilled water.  Plus regular 30 minutes daily exercise.  

Another helpful tool is to direct your body to obey your commands to function properly daily.  Like a drill sargeant directing a new recruit.  A prayer.  Make health by design.