Thaksin Exempt from EM Bracelet Due to Illness and Age

snoop1130

We all know that Thaksin got the easy ride but the em bracelet thing is just an aside. If this is the policy and it's the policy for everyone in this category then so be it. No need for any negative or rediculous comments.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Department of Corrections has announced that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who will soon be paroled, is not required to wear an Electronic Monitoring (EM) bracelet when released. The agency explained that Thaksin is considered an ailing senior inmate over the age of 70.

💰💰💰💰 buys privileges.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

If I was a Thai investigative reporter I'd be out looking for the 70+ year old parolees who are not in good physical shape who are wearing ankle monitors.  Just saying.....  I bet there are more than a few.

Sadly there is no such thing as investigative reporting  in Thailand, from birth  to death, Thais are taught not to ask questions.

• Agree 2

I looked at the OP photograph.

Those of us from the UK may recall a chocolate bar called "Fry's Five Boys". It had 5 segments, each segment portrayed a face on it, labelled "anticipation", "enjoyment",  "satisfaction" and so on. They used to put long posters on the side of the double deck buses!

I looked at the OP photograph.

I saw: " so what", "blank denial", "you know what's going on mate" and "what the hell am I doing here, I came for a meeting about unpaid parking tickets!"

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2024 at 9:21 PM, john donson said:

politic ban for life or jail again

so will they fly him with helicopter from his penthouse back to the hospital for the face of them all ?

Why would he go back to jail ?.

FWIW, The family home "Chan Song La" is not a penthouse.