Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Soliciting’ was not intended as an insult.

I found the suggestion that I was soliciting for trump to be deeply insulting. 

I have previously thought more highly of your posts on this forum.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Here is some good news for Trump fans!

The improving economy under Biden means that you have more cash to donate to Trump.

nah, the prices at the gas pumps takes it back... and some!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Again. Follow credible media outlets and read the Mueller report. You could also do a simple Google search.

Not sure you can do this as you've really drank the propaganda kool-aid pushed by the far right.

i seem to remember all those like yourself eagerly awaiting the Mueller report as it was the nail in Trumps coffin......oh wait, it was a nothing burger!!!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Total misinformation. You really need a better source for your news. Seriously

so Biden isn't on video bragging the he got the prosecutor fired after threatening to withhold the money?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Pre-ordered. Not sold till the customers received their shoes probably in July. Will be left to be seen whether they will get the shoes delivered. 

wonder how many of these will sell......

Edited by frank83628
edited due to humour not allowed on the page
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The problem with society is that so many believe the "fact checkers"

Who checks the fact check checkers ? and who decides that their version of facts are "truer" than anyone else's ?  they have declared them selves fact checkers and so whatever  they declare as fact is sacrosanct. :w00t: :bah:

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, johng said:

The problem with society is that so many believe the "fact checkers"

Who checks the fact check checkers ? and who decides that their version of facts are "truer" than anyone else's ?  they have declared them selves fact checkers and so whatever  they declare as fact is sacrosanct. :w00t: :bah:

There are several very good fact checkers. The ones who complain about them typically deal with dodgy information. As dictated by the dodgy media sites and politicians

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, candide said:

Sure! Confirmed by the fact that the Obama administration publicly criticized the Prosecutor's office and the Prosecutor for not investigating Burisma! 🤣

Hard to argue with the MAGA folk. They don't like facts that go against what they get from dodgy media and dodgy politicians. Shows why the US is so divided. Really sad.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Are you sure you want to take the red pill?

The Nature of Facts and Reality: A Philosophical Inquiry

What constitutes a fact, and the nature of reality is a profound one, touching on areas of epistemology (the study of knowledge) and metaphysics (the study of the nature of reality).

How do we know what is a fact? A fact is typically understood as a statement that corresponds with reality and can be proven to be true or false. Philosophers have debated the criteria for something to be considered a fact.

The correspondence theory of truth suggests that a fact is something that is true because it corresponds to a state of affairs in the world.

However, determining this correspondence can be challenging, as our perceptions and interpretations of reality can be subjective.

The question of whether we are in a lucid dream or an alternate reality, touches on the problem of skepticism in philosophy. René Descartes famously used the method of doubt to question the certainty of his own existence and concluded with “Cogito, ergo sum” (“I think, therefore I am”). This suggests a baseline for reality: the self-awareness of one’s own existence and thoughts.

Philosophically, the discussion of reality is complex and has led to various theories, such as:

1)  Phenomenalism, which suggests that reality is constructed by our sensory experiences.

2) Realism, which posits that a reality exists independently of our perceptions.

3) Solipsism, which argues that only one’s own mind is sure to exist.

Ultimately, the nature of facts and reality is a rich field of philosophical debate, and while we may use empirical evidence and consensus as practical measures, the philosophical questions remain open and deeply intriguing. 

IMHO

I've always been a fan of Realism. Facts must be fundamentally either true (real) or false for society to even operate in my view. I'm not talking about scientific theories like whether einstein was right or not but most facts are easily proven to be either true or false. #1 I just reject out of hand, sounds too much like religion to me. The solipsists are too caught up in their own importance. Teenagers are very likely to be solipsist and I was too until I realized I was destined to become ant food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Have you tried turning off the television and reading?

Insults don't help - this was a set-up by a politicised Fanii who ran on getting Trump. O'Leary is right - it is absurd and will be thrown out on appeal - easily.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1