Bye bye Electric & Hello Hydrogen?

2 hours ago, motdaeng said:

they have been working on research and development for hydrogen vehicles for centuries, with only limited success so far, or perhaps more accurately, mostly failure ... but who knows what the future holds ...

let's not exagerate.

serious research on hydrogen as a fuel for vehicles has been conducted for some decades at most.

most of the previous research was about rockets/bombs.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

let's not exagerate.

serious research on hydrogen as a fuel for vehicles has been conducted for some decades at most.

sorry, my bad (english)... of course decades not centuries ... :jap:

10 minutes ago, tgw said:

let's not exagerate.

Better minds than any of us have analyzed how hydrogen fits into the future, specifically, McKinsey and Company and their analysis says it will be used in long haul freight in the transportation sector and not in domestic cars

36 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Better minds than any of us have analyzed how hydrogen fits into the future, specifically, McKinsey and Company and their analysis says it will be used in long haul freight in the transportation sector and not in domestic cars

I have once been a management consultant paid in the same price class as the McKinsey boys... no magic happens there.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, tgw said:

I have once been a management consultant paid in the same price class as the McKinsey boys... no magic happens there.

I wouldn’t disagree with you, I had Accenture as a client of my company, I wasn’t impressed.

But I do agree with McKinsey on Hydrogen, and apparently Shell do too.

It’s just too expensive and inefficient for motor cars and an inferior solution to BEV, it’s been tried and customers voted BEV. I can’t see any possible change in technology to change that.

Hydrogen will be a step back, so why? EL cars less parts, costs less, less service needed? 

The future is Nuclear efficient power plants to cover our needs. Not Hydrogen, not wind power, and not solar. The majority of electric should come from nuclear power. But we will see. 

The waste from nuclear powerplants, shipp it out to the space. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Hydrogen will be a step back, so why? EL cars less parts, costs less, less service needed? 

The future is Nuclear efficient power plants to cover our needs. Not Hydrogen, not wind power, and not solar. The majority of electric should come from nuclear power. But we will see. 

The waste from nuclear powerplants, shipp it out to the space. 

I agree. If we get nuclear right in the future, there is no waste.