Cholnan Srikaew proposes new meth limit for small drug dealers

snoop1130

Dunno what the problem is, I used meth as a  kid  many times, first time I was  about 10 yrs  old although I did  have soem supervision initially until I knew  how to use it, I had very liberal parents who wanted me to learn new  things and i really enjoyed it, remember it  well, one of my friends  same age also used it.

The  good  old  days  when you could easily  obtain it, hours of  fun.  image.png.2b81ef4787714147fe49093aa24f3059.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“If we can separate drug users from the sellers by rehabilitating them until they have recuperated, we will be able to eradicate the cycle of drug abuse.”

A better education system and increased employment opportunities aren't needed then. This guy is as bigger fool as the rest of them. Privileged upbringing with nothing between the ears. Getting people off of a meth addiction is a good thing but it will not solve the overall problem. I have a good idea though. Reclassify dope as a narcotic and make personal use illegal. That should fix it and of course focus on the end user not the drug kingpins. Tooooooo many high level connections and way tooooooo much money from that direction. Legalise everything. Cut the head off the snake.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Given the prison system is overwhelmed with ~ 350,000, in a stated capacity of 200,000 - 80% of whom are on drugs/meth charges - there is no other option than diversion programs.

The question is, are those diversion programs up and running and financed for success?

Just kidding, this is Thailand.

They'll be sent to military facilities for a few weeks and released.

• Agree 1

The Thai authorities love low hanging fruit. A user buys ten sells five, then the guy that buys five sells three the guy that buys three sells two.

Why bother with small players while letting the big ones go free. I guess pinching all these small players boosts the statistics while not catching the big players means they will have work forever.

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This has GOT to be one of the WORST things an ignorant politician has ever said. I've known too many people with an honest desire to quit whatever drug they were into undergo treatment multiple times. Ever been to an AA meeting? I doubt there is one person at any meeting anywhere that hasn't backslid multiple times. Same with NA.

I'm not knocking the efforts to clean it up in LOS, but statements like this undermine their credibility.

reading this story i was a little taken back by how many ignorant statements he made.

• Thumbs Up 1

The health minister is one of the Thaksin appointments that he is rumoured to be reviewing for replacement in a cabinet reshuffle. Given his slaughter of 2,000 alleged drug dealers he may feel Cholnan is being too soft on drugs.  Anyway Cholnan vowed to quit if PT formed a coalition with the uncle parties. So why is he still around?

24 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The health minister is one of the Thaksin appointments that he is rumoured to be reviewing for replacement in a cabinet reshuffle. Given his slaughter of 2,000 alleged drug dealers he may feel Cholnan is being too soft on drugs.  Anyway Cholnan vowed to quit if PT formed a coalition with the uncle parties. So why is he still around?

He quit the chair of Pork Pie as promised. He probably would have done that anyway to make way for Nepobabe Paetongtarn.

Criminalising a million people....the jails are over crowded already you silly man. First Anutin then this fool. Why can't Thailand pick a=n intelligent person to fill the role of Public Health Minister. Get a farang in the job.