Party until dawn in lower Sukhumvit?

OneMoreFarang

It's some time ago that I was out until 1am or longer. Getting old and all that.

I live in lower Sukhumvit and sometimes I am out at 6:30 in the morning and I see lots of people who look like they just stopped partying. 

What bars, clubs or whatever are open until dawn in that area?

I don't want to go there at 4am, I am just interested in what is going on. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not a good idea to post that on open forums, as they may not want the attention it may attract from the authorities.

Ok, I understand that.

But maybe just something like: there is a club in soi x which opens up to 5 - or something like that.

I guess there must be more than one open place considering the amount of people. 

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not a good idea to post that on open forums, as they may not want the attention it may attract from the authorities.

A lot of the clubs, bars or whatevers in Soi 11 are open, surreptitiously, until stupid o'clock.  They all already have "the attention" of the authorities!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Soi 11 is what is going on...late.  

I miss lockdown.......soi 11 was the best....Jewellery Bar and the ones either side.....run by the local constabulary....

• Haha 1

There's an after hours nightclub in Soi Cowboy that's open until 4/5 am. It used to be called Penny Black but not sure if it still is. There's also one on Soi 11 but I can't remember what it's called.

There's always a late night place open somewhere in Sukhumvit. You just need to ask a taxi driver. They'll know.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

There's an after hours nightclub in Soi Cowboy that's open until 4/5 am. It used to be called Penny Black but not sure if it still is. There's also one on Soi 11 but I can't remember what it's called.

There's always a late night place open somewhere in Sukhumvit. You just need to ask a taxi driver. They'll know.

Soi 11 is probably "Sugar.".....the noise from there is ridiculous......

47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A lot of the clubs, bars or whatevers in Soi 11 are open, surreptitiously, until stupid o'clock.  They all already have "the attention" of the authorities!

I bet they do, brown envelopes especially spring to mind.

On 2/22/2024 at 12:26 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, I understand that.

But maybe just something like: there is a club in soi x which opens up to 5 - or something like that.

I guess there must be more than one open place considering the amount of people. 

Why don't you ask one of them in person?

Brother Farang, I can remember 15 yrs ago, partying hard on Soi 4, then the disco in the hotel or off the "coffee shop" Thermae. Shack up with a 'sweet thang' for a couple of hours and be heading over to the Nana Cafe to eat breakfast at about that time of morning. I even ran into a couple 'friends' there one morning. I haven't been down there in over 7 years; although, we drove down soi 4 at about 9:30 this past Wednesday and sighted a couple of 'thang' who looked like they were headed home.

Good luck in you quest. I just don't have the desire anymore...

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:23 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's some time ago that I was out until 1am or longer. Getting old and all that.

I live in lower Sukhumvit and sometimes I am out at 6:30 in the morning and I see lots of people who look like they just stopped partying. 

What bars, clubs or whatever are open until dawn in that area?

I don't want to go there at 4am, I am just interested in what is going on. 

Sukhumvit where? Pattaya, Bangkok?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The street bars start popping up along Sukhumvit Road between Soi 5 and Soi 11, inside Sukhumvit Soi 4, and a few in Soi 7 once the licensed bars start closing up. You'll find lots of the haggard punters that want to drink until dawn at those places. 

One of the funniest things I saw in Soi 4, starting around 2AM, are these rows of plastic armchairs that start lining the street in rows in front of Hooters and also on the opposite side in front of the beer bars. Lots of African girls sitting grabbing punters walking by. And beer being sold out of a cooler by the people who put out the chairs. 

Since there are no tables, and all the chairs are setup in rows facing towards the street, if you stand in the street, and look back to the chairs, you almost feel like your viewing a late night fishbowl. Got to always give the place credit for its inventiveness. 

There is also a late night disco in the Nana Hotel. It's not the old Nana Disco. It's a new one they created to replace the sports bar that was located underneath the pool. Not sure the name or how late it stays open, but I assume it's open past the time the other bars close given the history of the old Nana Disco. They probably pick up some of the punters who still haven't had enough sauce yet when the regular bars close. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:44 AM, Will B Good said:

I miss lockdown.......soi 11 was the best....Jewellery Bar and the ones either side.....run by the local constabulary....

Orange Bar was epic. Always a good night there until sun up.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:21 AM, Will B Good said:

Soi 11 is probably "Sugar.".....the noise from there is ridiculous......

Went in there once. Felt like I was in a South London hip hop club. I think I was the only Caucasian in the place. Nothing wrong with that, but strange in the middle of Sukhumvit! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Nana hotel disco and Thermae - the good old times.

I loved the Nana hotel disco. Once that closed down the late night crowd went to the disco adjoining the Grand President in Soi 11 (Climax?). Was never as good. Climax closed down - another victim of the Covid lockdowns. 

These hotel discos were basically a place the girls went to after finishing work at the bars, so for us men it was like being a kid in a sweet shop. 

I wonder if they all go to a new venue now? Asking for a friend...:whistling:

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's in the Bangkok forum, that should be a hint. 

Does it show the forum anywhere? I can't see it. And lower Sukhumvit? You guys are talking Sois 4 to 11. That's top end of Sukhumvit in my book. After the flyover it's Ploenchit.

Edited by bradiston
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jimn said:

6.30 am is the middle of the night for me. Who on earth gets up so early?

Mostly I wake up when the sun rises. And I am most productive in the morning.

That is the case for me, and my gf. If you want to wake up in the afternoon and party or work all night that is fine with me. Whatever you like.

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

Does it show the forum anywhere? I can't see it. And lower Sukhumvit? You guys are talking Sois 4 to 11. That's top end of Sukhumvit in my book. After the flyover it's Ploenchit.

Look at the top of the page.

I guess the low Soi numbers are the reason why they call it lower Sukhumvit.

BangkokForum.png.c5f79874c0ab4483d19a9ff34c8fdd8d.png

• Like 1