Shamima Begum: East London schoolgirl loses appeal against removal of UK citizenship

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

If it has cost £5 it is still £5 too much ,  why are you being so pedantic, its obvious to all that her legal bill will resemble a telephone number,  an international one at that. how much do think a QC charges,   i won't be providing a link but i will tell you they are not on minimum wage

Make a claim, substantiate the claim.

• Confused 2

Just now, Bday Prang said:

If it has cost £5 it is still £5 too much ,  why are you being so pedantic, its obvious to all that her legal bill will resemble a telephone number,  an international one at that. how much do think a QC charges,   i won't be providing a link but i will tell you they are not on minimum wage

I think we have found what happened to the 'missing link'. 😉

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Make a claim, substantiate the claim.

I don't need to another poster has just told you that a QC can charge up to £10,000 per day,  and as legal aid is considered "an insurance job" there will be no discounts offered  Are you happy now, do you feel that your life has been enriched by the link you craved.

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is not a question of being Bangladeshi by descent, and therefore (possibly, I don't know Bangladeshi law) entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship. She held British citizenship by virtue of being born in Britain.

After all, I have one Irish grandparent, technically I am entitled to apply for Irish Citizenship. That does not mean that the UK can decide to strip me of my citizenship. Conversely my daughter, born in Thailand but of "British descent", will not be granted British citizenship.

She held British citizenship. The then Home Secretary, in a knee jerk reaction, took that away ignoring the consequences - which were that it was illegal. The courts have for reasons unknown (but I suspect heavily influenced by the tabloid press) allowed that decision to stand. 

If the British government believes that she is to be punished it should be by a British court, under a British law. They shy away from that because it is by no means clear, either under which laws or with what evidence. In fact what has happened is that an administrative fiat by the Home Secretary has denied that, and replaced the due legal process.

Rubbish.

By the way, why won't your daughter not be issued British citizenship?

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Nice to see one poster with some humanity and common sense.

Nice to see humanity and ISIS in the same topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You could also say 'sorry, I mislinked the first time'.

The 5 million in that link is a prediction btw, not as claimed by the poster '5 million and counting '.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

He gets triggered very easily and if a link is not on his desk within 5 minutes of asking out goes the Teddy. 🥴

Your usual modus again.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I wonder if she had any concern whatsoever about human rights whilst she was a senior member of ISIS morality police, passing judgement and sentencing her victims to appalling inhumanity?

Where was her humanity when she openly said "she was totally unfazed" by the beheading of aid workers and civilians?

I hope she dies in that camp rather than squirm her way back into the UK, where for the rest of her life she will be selling stories, living on benefits and costing us a fortune in monitoring and surveillance.

She committed the crimes over there, she can stay in the detention camps, and when convicted I hope they treat her as a terrorist and hang her as a warning to others.

She is a complete narcissistic sociopath, this has shown in countless interviews she has undertaken as an adult.

Well that’s that then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You do know that is the most rabidly right wing piece of crap on British TV right?

I'm not sure there is a "right wing" position on this issue.In fact many "right wingers" have argued that it is wrong to deny this woman her rights and privileges as a British citizen.It doesn't mean they have any sympathy for this woman but they dislike the concept of a powerful state which ignores ancient constitutional principles.Actually the proponents of a powerful interfering nanny state are usually to be found on the "left."

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm not sure there is a "right wing" position on this issue.In fact many "right wingers" have argued that it is wrong to deny this woman her rights and privileges as a British citizen.It doesn't mean they have any sympathy for this woman but they dislike the concept of a powerful state which ignores ancient constitutional principles.Actually the proponents of a powerful interfering nanny state are usually to be found on the "left."

The comments here don't support your assessment.

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Rubbish.

By the way, why won't your daughter not be issued British citizenship?

1) My final paragraph is exactly what happened in the first instance.

2) At the time that my daughter was born I was not married to my wife. My daughter was born several months before the rule change which would have given her citizenship. In theory one can apply for a special exemption to this ruling, allowing the Home Office to award citizenship, in practice they simply don't answer letters or Emails ( 5 over the last 3 years)!

Edited by herfiehandbag

34 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

1) My final paragraph is exactly what happened in the first instance.

2) At the time that my daughter was born I was not married to my wife. My daughter was born several months before the rule change which would have given her citizenship. In theory one can apply for a special exemption to this ruling, allowing the Home Office to award citizenship, in practice they simply don't answer letters or Emails ( 5 over the last 3 years)!

I've seen this before. What dates are you talking about?

I was not married to my wife when our daughter was born. No problems. I was informed citizenship passes from father, if father is natural born UK citizen born in UK.

Our daughter has dual citizenship.

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've seen this before. What dates are you talking about?

I was not married to my wife when our daughter was born. No problems. I was informed citizenship passes from father, if father is natural born UK citizen born in UK.

Our daughter has dual citizenship.

My daughter was born in July

Edited by herfiehandbag

9 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

My daughter was born in July

I believe the so called rule change was 2006.

However, our daughter was born in March 2002. I and her mother were not married. We married 31st May 2006. 

Daughter's passport application was not an issue. No extra documents, no Home Office involvement.

You'll find, if parents subsequently married, thus legitimising the birth, citizenship will be issued so long as all other criteria is met.

We are going off topic. I'll send you a PM.

Edited by youreavinalaff

13 minutes ago, proton said:

She can go to Bangladesh where she belongs with daddy and would feel at home there. She could put the blackout curtains back on and feel liberated, become a 2nd or third wife and spend then rest of her life cooking, cleaning and breeding, Allah knows best after all.😄

Nice little fantasy you’ve got going on there.

Unfortunately the courts might not agree.

• Confused 1