The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just putting a laugh emoji on that post wasn't enough to convey my opinion of it. Such a superiority complex deserves at least a :coffee1:

If you want to talk about hatred, trying reading some of the posts from your side of the border on AN.

Just the facts. Thus, the reason they fall for the misinformation and propaganda. I definitely hate Trump for diving our country. And the right wing media for helping.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2023/07/12/demographic-profiles-of-republican-and-democratic-voters/

By contrast, a majority of Republican voters in 2022 had no college degree (63%); a smaller share had a college degree or more (37%). This is similar to the shares of Republican voters with and without a college degree in 2018.

Seven-in-ten Republican voters were 50 and older in the most recent election, compared with 62% of Republican voters in 2020 and 68% in 2018.

The reason the intel community is afraid of a Trump presidency is that he would decimate law enforcement against hate crimes and the thousands of death threats against Trump prosecutors and witnesses would turn into millions.

If the anser wasn't so obvious one might be tempted to wonder why liberals aren't making these threats at anything like the rate of the MAGA hate cult.

• Haha 1

If you believe that anyone as low in the food chain as your wife would be in the "deep state" I have a bridge for sale, perhaps 2 or 3.

We, the peasants that exist to make the 1% rich, will never know who they are, but they sure ain't married to people that post on AN.

But you know all about it, right?, because you do all kinds of in-depth research by reading anonymous blog posts and watching videos online. You’re a waste of time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly had an authentic career in nursing, but I tried to use it for information purposes on AN, and not when trying to prove geopolitical strategy without any actual proof other than my opinion. So I might describe the result of a prostate operation, but I wouldn't use it to prove that Trump was a Russian lackey. On the one hand the side effects of a prostate operation are readily available on the internet, but proof that Trump is a Putin glove puppet is somewhat lacking except on biased opinion pages.

It's not a case of being envious, but of being a reliable source of information.

Given your evident bias and refusal to acknowledge facts when posted, it is difficult to treat you as a reliable source of information.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

Of course by that measure Jeff Bezos, the owner of the Washington Post, who is about 50 times richer than Trump must be 50 times smarter.

Bezos wasn’t part of the conversation and I see reading comprehension wasn’t your strong point in elementary school.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Apparently some buildings not struck by a plane fell down too. Can you explain them?

Yes. My building, the old Banker's Trust building, was cut in half by a falling beam. Killing one.

No conspiracy theories, please.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The reason the intel community is afraid of a Trump presidency is that he would decimate law enforcement against hate crimes and the thousands of death threats against Trump prosecutors and witnesses would turn into millions.

If the anser wasn't so obvious one might be tempted to wonder why liberals aren't making these threats at anything like the rate of the MAGA hate cult.

You had to be one of Rod Sterling's writers for the twilight zone or the LSD induced kool-aid has taken effect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dolf said:

The CIA, FBI are crooks. Have been since the start. Do some reading.

That's a massive generalization pushed by Trump because they wouldn't commit the crimes he requested, and because they investigated him . Do some reading in credible media outlets. Sad you've fallen for his propaganda.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-may-have-left-d-c-his-beefs-fbi-cia-n1264991

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thank the deity that actual voter numbers are meaningless with the Electoral College then!

The founding fathers foresaw just such a situation and wrote something in the constitution to prevent it.

More than 200 years ago? Really. :cheesy:

8 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Was this your Halloween costume tough guy?

CIA is known for screwing up a wet dream.  As well as getting the drop outs from the real military.

Now take off your pajamas, go back inside and send out some messages.  Photo op is over.

No rank and file members would ever be liberal <deleted>.

IMG_0110.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

Don't you need fishing rods, given the location?

10 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Was this your Halloween costume tough guy?

CIA is known for screwing up a wet dream.  As well as getting the drop outs from the real military.

Now take off your pajamas, go back inside and send out some messages.  Photo op is over.

No rank and file members would ever be liberal <deleted>.

IMG_0110.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

Why so nasty? Jeez.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Do not put words in my mouth. That's sleazy. I asked you.

" Yes, and? "

What was your question ?

I asked you a question too  which you didn't answer.

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I understand that, so why did you mention the extra 3 million voters Democrats have?

Were you talking about something else?

January 5, 2016    Registered Democrats   7,438,655   Registered Republicans   4,767,259

October 3, 2023  Registered Democrats  10,353,432  Registered Republicans    5,286,269

I understand you are not American and might not be familiar with the changing demographics in the US 

But as you can see there  were almost 3 million more democrats 2026 

and 2024 there are  now over 5 million more registered democrats 

In addition Comey is no longer head of the FBI 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, johng said:

Did it then collapse into its own footprint ?  

If the WTT buildings collapsed into their own footprint, how did a falling beam split the Bankers Trust building in half?

PH

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bull.

You asked if it was illegal.

I answered yes.

So let me get this straight,

you agree with me that it is illegal to call for

the assassination of Trump ?

I then asked if it was also illegal to call for the assassination of Putin

or Biden or "BiBi"    do we agree that all would be illegal  or am I putting more words in your mouth ?

4 minutes ago, johng said:

So let me get this straight,

you agree with me that it is illegal to call for

the assassination of Trump ?

I then asked if it was also illegal to call for the assassination of Putin

or Biden or "BiBi"    do we agree that all would be illegal  or am I putting more words in your mouth ?

If you're talking US law, I think it would only cover US presidents. Do you know differently? 

Other national leaders I think would be covered under free speech. 

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Thanks, but I prefer anonymity.

I do get a little tired of trumpers and their silliness, so just for fun (and assuming it will not last long on this site), I posted a memory. I also know, from their posts, where I live rent free. Call it WDS, as in Walker88 Derangement Syndrome.

A legend in your own mind I see.

• Haha 1