Thailand aims to become Southeast Asia’s top hub for international concerts

webfact

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps this would be a way for the average person to enjoy a concert with a good seat for under $500? Concert prices have ballooned to the point where many don't even consider them anymore. Same applies to sporting events around the world. 

And I thought Covid was going to bring down prices. How wrong I was!! 

I agree. What the charge for concerts is highway robbery now days.

In my youth, back in the states we used to go to concerts all the time at venues headlined by major bands. Same with baseball and football games. 

Now days with the astronomical prices the charge, I don't see how a young person could possibly afford it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Singapore envy.

Now start yapping about F1.

This hubbub talk is just that, talk.

Thais often confuse talking about something with doing something.

Fugettaboutit.

Hotels, flights booked out as ‘Swift effect’ hits Singapore

SINGAPORE – The “Swift effect” is about to hit South-east Asia, but Singapore has left some of its neighbours seeing red while it profits from a Taylor-made tourism boom as the star’s only stop in the region.

More than 300,000 fans from the city-state and neighbouring countries will attend the American superstar’s six sold-out Eras Tour shows at the National Stadium from March 2 to 9.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/hotels-flights-booked-out-as-swift-effect-hits-singapore

• Thumbs Up 1

how many hubs this week, how many hubs the last 10 years 

Thailand the hub of hub failures

honestly I would like to see Thailand succeed at something but all the hubs they keep talking up are just that - talking

Edited by smedly
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I am wondering why we only hear Thai artists singing all the time.. 

Besides that Pheu Thai will be banned from these concerts as they disturb them like at the performance of Ed Sheenan

Edited by ikke1959

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Aiming to transform Thailand into Southeast Asia’s leading festival and international concert hub, the government plans to engage with top record companies and concert organisers for global artists. Discussions will focus on the challenges and advantages of hosting such large-scale events in Thailand and how conditions can be optimised.

Infrastructure, safety and costs.

16 minutes ago, jacknorman said:

Only 2 hubbing this week, not bad, soon there will be no more they can hub in Hubland

Hub is back in favour, I think soft power has run it's course.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps this would be a way for the average person to enjoy a concert with a good seat for under $500? Concert prices have ballooned to the point where many don't even consider them anymore. Same applies to sporting events around the world. 

And I thought Covid was going to bring down prices. How wrong I was!! 

Luktung/morlam concerts are normally 140-200 baht- or free, Thai music is doing very well without all these over blown expensive foreign, often has beens, not turning up. Thailand's main problem is the lack of decent venues, that crappy old football stadium in Bkk is the only large arena. Impact has no decent transport links that only leaves Sirikit centre, TCC and Bitec, all too small for large scale events. The rebuilt Sirikit. centre was perhaps a missed opportunity.

Just now, john donson said:

hub hub hub

well or pm2.5, noise pollution, ...

a concert is like a cd now... who needs them...

overpriced to see your 'idol' from very far...

and live music is mostly awful compared to a recorded studio version

when was the last time you went to a concert? Many concert performances are a better experience than studio versions, depending on the artist of course.

They need to improve public transport to the major concert venues. Muang Thong Thanii and Rajamangala both woefully served by public transport. It can take as long to get a taxi as the duration of the concert!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thailand aims to become Southeast Asia’s top hub for international concerts

Combine it: 

Thailand aims to become Southeast Asia’s top hub for international concerts where they serve halal food.

There, saved a hub!

That gave me an idea for a t-shirt "Combine it, Save a Hub!"

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 1

55,000 thousand people trying to get to a concert in Bangkok by TukTuk. Lek Loso played up near my area a week or so ago. Gridlock for 2 days. The back alley getting to the venue was only wide enough for one vehicle at a time. Unfortunately people had set up a food cart and pure chaos. Luckily people did not go hungry, and as a bonus they missed the concert.

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

I agree. What the charge for concerts is highway robbery now days.

In my youth, back in the states we used to go to concerts all the time at venues headlined by major bands. Same with baseball and football games. 

Now days with the astronomical prices the charge, I don't see how a young person could possibly afford it. 

Young people have money, either from parents or working. Not sure where this idea comes from. 50 years ago "young people" didn't have money, so kids today don't as well? I make good money working back in Canada, my kid does ok. But next to my Thai neighbours I am like the hobo on the street corner begging for money. This is rural NE Thailand as well. 

1 hour ago, rct99q said:

Young people have money, either from parents or working. Not sure where this idea comes from. 50 years ago "young people" didn't have money, so kids today don't as well? I make good money working back in Canada, my kid does ok. But next to my Thai neighbours I am like the hobo on the street corner begging for money. This is rural NE Thailand as well. 

I don't know where you got the idea that I said kids don't have money? 

I said "I don't see how a young person could possibly afford it.  "

I have money , but I cant afford a ferrari . you see the difference? 

I  remember reading someplace that a  ‎Taylor Swift concert ticket cost $500-7,000 

I am very happy that your kids are doing so well, but IMO the worst ticket in the venue costing $500 is not very affordable for most kids. 

Just listened to a study on tourism a d travel trends from the US. Economics and spending patterns. Projected travel patterns and places. Bottom line is Thailand and that whole part of the world is off the list.  Not sure about Europe , Australian etc. It touched on Chinese tourism in SE Asia ,and was not positive. Actually far from it. As China is the second largest economy at present it predicts a linear decrease of tourism depending on the political problems. Thailand is going to have to reinvent its self. 

Almost all artists on the A list are deceased or die within a number of years. The other artists are on the Z list consisting of rap, hip hop, hardcore, which has nothing to do with music. 😁 Or do they want to attract more backpackers who spend large amounts of money 😁

Edited by meauwnam