Off-duty officer causes multiple collision in Samut Prakan

webfact

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The authorities conducted an immediate investigation, which included sending Pinij for an alcohol test at Bangpakok 3 Hospital. The results are expected within 15 days. If found guilty, Pinij faces both legal and disciplinary actions.

15 days?????

One day would be within fifteen days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

The authorities conducted an immediate investigation, which included sending Pinij for an alcohol test at Bangpakok 3 Hospital. The results are expected within 15 days.

Fifteen days, eh? That's more than enough time for him to come up with a significant 'consideration' for the charging officers AND do a stint in the temple.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One day would be within fifteen days.

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was it reported that he would not be prosecuted?

How to win friends and influence people.......not!

35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The implication in the report is that the results of the Blood Alcohol test 'may' include disciplinary actions such as confinement to barracks or duty suspension... 

Hardly a hardcore prosecution of a drunk driver who's involved in a multiple collision...   I think we'd all be happier reading something similar to the following:     "...... Onsite breathalyser gave readings of xxx (xx times the legal limit), result of a Blood Alcohol test were xxx (i.e. not a two week wait) and that the driver is facing xxx charges and will be prosecuted"...

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

The results of the blood alcohol test will determine the next steps, which may include disciplinary actions such as warnings, confinement to barracks, or duty suspension.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The implication in the report is that the results of the Blood Alcohol test 'may' include disciplinary actions such as confinement to barracks or duty suspension... 

Hardly a hardcore prosecution of a drunk driver who's involved in a multiple collision... 

Those are internal penalties for a Police officer that may be in addition to any motoring/drink driving offences that the article clearly explained are being investigated. obviously, also.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Those are internal penalties for a Police officer that may be in addition to any motoring/drink driving offences that the article clearly explained are being investigated. obviously, also.  

Good...    although the internal penalties seem extremely minor, insignificant almost. In the UK (for example) I think we could expect that the 'internal penalties' by far outweigh any civil penalty.

In this case, I would hope the civil penalties involve a serious fine and sufficient ban with enough publicity to prevent others from doing the same, unfortunately the absence of consistent and severe penalties in response to such behavior here in Thailand not only fails to act as a preventative measure, but I suspect 'enables' such behavior as those committing DUI offences have nothing to fear. 

I have friends in the RTP tell me... Its ok, don't worry about that, if you have an issue at a Check-point, just call me.

I have to tell them their attitude is inside-out.....    Its not because of any fear of authorities that I don't DUI in Thailand, its because I don't want to be responsible for hurting someone - this attitude seems alien. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

A police officer driving under the influence of alcohol caused a multi-vehicle collision in Samut Prakan province, claiming a gearbox issue led to the crash.

Nice try... 

• Like 1

He could have killed someone. He should face disciplinary action for gross misconduct and if found guilty should be discharged from the force. Unfortunately since he is on a 'training'  course to prepare him for promotion he is probably one of the rich entitled buying his way up the ladder and will receive a gentle slap on the wrist with his misconduct redacted after a period of time.

52 minutes ago, RobU said:

He could have killed someone. He should face disciplinary action for gross misconduct and if found guilty should be discharged from the force. Unfortunately since he is on a 'training'  course to prepare him for promotion he is probably one of the rich entitled buying his way up the ladder and will receive a gentle slap on the wrist with his misconduct redacted after a period of time.

He should face charges, but extremely unlikely. One of his police pals probably did the breathalyser at the hospital.

51 minutes ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

The offendr should be immediately suspended pending the outcome and if found guilty, dismissed and lose any pension privilges . there is MO excuse for his behaviour and any police officer from anywhere who does this should be dismissed. 

He should be, but he won't be.

This is the RTP and they make the rules up as they go along. So your outrage is a waste of energy.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What they say and what they do are two different things as you should know.

One statement is there to soothe and satisfy the general public, and the reality occurs after it has died down.

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

He should face charges, but extremely unlikely. One of his police pals probably did the breathalyser at the hospital.

He should be, but he won't be.

This is the RTP and they make the rules up as they go along. So your outrage is a waste of energy.

Unfortunately I am forced to agree with you

• Like 1

15 days for the Police....but everyone else is immediately tested and results available.

A heavily intoxicated woman crashed her pickup truck into a Nongprue police truck this morning in Pong near #Pattaya, injuring two officers. She was immediately arrested by another police officer accompanying the police truck by motorcycle and reportedly tested for roughly three times over the legal limit.
  • Like 2