what are some stories about Russians trying to make $$?

Foroitalico

I mean , they are like rats, trapped and in need to make money. I can't blame them, yet I heard they were creative in setting up businesses(rentals etc..) don't tell me about other expats I wanna know about Russians 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

they brought the rights off the thais to rent the loungers on Karon beach
have taken over many motorcycle rentals in Kata, Karon, Patong ( often undercutting the thai rental operators 
have opened up their own travel agents to assist other Russians with visas|
have opened up language schools to help fellow russians with ed visas
weed shops everywhere

Edited by zzzzz
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2024 at 5:36 AM, DonniePeverley said:

I think They've bought the sunbed chair business on Kata beach. Monopoly. 

OK, it's better than gambling business and prostitution business owned by Chinese mafia in Phuket, isn't it?

27 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Great, another anti Russian thread, just what we need.

Shouldn't the title be ... '"What are some stories about Foreigners trying to make $$?"

Would imagine the same as everyone else, working legally, or, having a proxy, husband/wife/GF/BF, and business in their name as they work in the background.   No different than anyone else.

I could be accused of the same, with our RE investments, in wife's name :coffee1:

Edited by bradiston

2 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

OK, it's better than gambling business and prostitution business owned by Chinese mafia in Phuket, isn't it?

They're running the prostitution business now on Phuket too. According to my 'research' that is. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Allot of the people you think are Russians are actually Ukranians. 

As per an article in Phuket News dated February 7, which cites data from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, during the year 2023,   a total of 1,482,611 tourists from Russian Federation arrived in Thailandand, while a total of 36,426 arrived from Ukraine.

It is certainly not easy to distinguish them from each other, but these are the numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, federicoP said:

As per an article in Phuket News dated February 7, which cites data from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, during the year 2023,   a total of 1,482,611 tourists from Russian Federation arrived in Thailandand, while a total of 36,426 arrived from Ukraine.

It is certainly not easy to distinguish them from each other, but these are the numbers. 

Russians have a country to return to. Ukrainians not so much anymore. Thats why you would probably see many more Ukrainians trying to stay in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

they could have more left if they hadn't listened to Boris and Biden right at the beginning.

are you suggesting they should have just let the russians invade unopposed?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, johng said:

They should have taken the deal offered by Russia that was amost agreed to but Boris Johnson rushed to Kiev pledging full support if Ukraine scrap that and fight Russia.

Fight to the last Ukrainian  a price well worth paying for America and its lapdogs to "weaken" Russia and provoke regime change in the Kremlin...

Do you have a shred of evidence for any of your statements above? What deal? What visit? What textbook are you reading from?

Edited by bradiston
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Next Vlad would have requested parts of Poland, Baltic states and Finland.

No I don't think so,  but believe what you want and if you believe that then get ready for WWIII.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/6/2024 at 12:59 PM, Lacessit said:

You'd actually have less violent crime if you stopped alcohol. Problem is making it stick, as Prohibition demonstrated.

I'd say "Ya Bah" or methamphetamine is worse but yes alcohol is bad too,  prohibition doesn't work  best just to legalise everything stop the "war on drugs" use that money to help those who want help to stop using in a detrimental way (those that have no problems carry on)

those who commit "crimes"  treat them as anyone else  there are ample laws to cover every possibility already. 

• Thumbs Up 1