UN finds evidence of rape on Oct. 7 and after; Israel: They tried to downplay issue

54 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You only deal with the "facts" that support your alternative reality...

"Countries that have condemned Israel's role as a perpetrator of state-sponsored terrorism or state terrorism include Bolivia, Iran, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen."
Israel and state-sponsored terrorism - Wikipedia

Which list of states do you think is more in the position to know because of their own worry about the topic and their geographical location to the conflict?

Where taking you seriously until you put down that list of countries that are brilliant examples of Democracy and unfettered freedom of press and human rights.

Iran....... Saudi Arabia......... Lebanon.......  Syria........ Turkey and I seen you left "Yemen" at the last addition....  

Not one of those countries have UN recommended human rights for females let alone a free press

• Sad 1

Fresh from Israel's press that the families of those 124 who were massacred in the 7.10 attack are going to sue the Palestinians 

authority, Hamas and other terror groups for billions of dollars in damages to lives and properties...

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Fresh from Israel's press that the families of those 124 who were massacred in the 7.10 attack are going to sue the Palestinians 

authority, Hamas and other terror groups for billions of dollars in damages to lives and properties...

I thought it was over 1000.

• Thanks 1

Rape of Palestinian women has been a continual thing for many years. 

We are expecting the Resistance "not to stand idly by in the face of this heinous [crime]," a spokesperson for a women's group in Gaza said on September 5.

Maybe will help some understand that Oct 7 was not the start! 

https://jordantimes.com/opinion/ramzy-baroud/untold-story-abuse-palestinian-women-hebron

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Rape of Palestinian women has been a continual thing for many years. 

Maybe will help some understand that Oct 7 was not the start! 

https://jordantimes.com/opinion/ramzy-baroud/untold-story-abuse-palestinian-women-hebron

What has that opinion piece from Sept 2023 got to do with the UN report issued a couple of days ago, subject of the topic?

‘Clear and convincing information’ that hostages held in Gaza subjected to sexual violence, says UN Special Representative

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I thought it was over 1000.

Do you need everything explained to you ?

The 124 number is the number of families talking legal action , that isn't the number of casualties .

Logic suggests that not all families are part of the group taking legal action 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

It astounds me that Hamas apologists can actually speak out in public in support of them. Truly unimaginable to be that much delusional and hold that much hatred for Israeli people.  IMO only a person who also holds the belief of Hamas, being the total destruction and remnoval of all Jews, can state things in their favour.

I have said it before and I will say it again - Israel will not stop the war until they have destroyed all of Hamas and their supporters. I do feel for the innocent Palestinians, but they are in the minority IMO - and all deaths in Gaza on on Hamas - all they have to do is surrender to stand trial, and release all the hostages.  Israel has already agreed that any trial/s could be held by an independent group/country.  

What astounds me is people like you who appear to believe this is such a one-sided, black-and-white issue. I often speak out in support of Palestine because there are so many on this Forum who ONLY support Israel. I end up having to support Palestine to make sure there is some balance. In truth, I support neither. I would just like to see them settle their differences and set up some system where they could live in peace, but I don't see one side as "evil" and the other as "good."

Let me quote you two things you said above, which, to me, are examples of this one-sided thinking.

First, you say, "IMO only a person who also holds the belief of Hamas, being the total destruction and remnoval of all Jews, can state things in their favour."

Then, you say, "Israel will not stop the war until they have destroyed all of Hamas and their supporters." 

Isn't this just saying the same thing, saying that both sides are being led by ultra-right-wing, nationalistic fanatics (Hamas and Zionists) who will not stop until the other side is completely wiped out - a one-state solution?

That's what it looks like to me, and if this is what you meant, then I agree with you. But, the solution will involve overthrowing the leadership of those radical factions so a ceasefire, exchange of hostages/prisoners, and negotiations on a two-state solution can begin in earnest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't know what Zionism is.

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't know what Zionism is.

According to the online Oxford Language dictionary, Zionism is: "a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel." Do you have a different definition of it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tmd5855 said:

Where taking you seriously until you put down that list of countries that are brilliant examples of Democracy and unfettered freedom of press and human rights.

Iran....... Saudi Arabia......... Lebanon.......  Syria........ Turkey and I seen you left "Yemen" at the last addition....  

Not one of those countries have UN recommended human rights for females let alone a free press

That list of countries was not meant to be "examples of Democracy and unfettered freedom of press and human rights." It was a list of countries that have accused Isreal of abuse, including rape, of Palestinian women.

Edited by WDSmart

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

According to the online Oxford Language dictionary, Zionism is: "a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel." Do you have a different definition of it?

You just own goaled.

No Zionism.

No Israel.

You want to kill Zionism means you want to end Israel.

Yes we all can and should despise Netanyahu but any Israeli leader from left to right is going to be a Zionist. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You just own goaled.

No Zionism.

No Israel.

You want to kill Zionism means you want to end Israel.

Yes we all can and should despise Netanyahu but any Israeli leader from left to right is going to be a Zionist. 

Wanting an end to Israel is not antisemitic btw

15 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

What astounds me is people like you who appear to believe this is such a one-sided, black-and-white issue. I often speak out in support of Palestine because there are so many on this Forum who ONLY support Israel. I end up having to support Palestine to make sure there is some balance. In truth, I support neither. I would just like to see them settle their differences and set up some system where they could live in peace, but I don't see one side as "evil" and the other as "good."

Let me quote you two things you said above, which, to me, are examples of this one-sided thinking.

First, you say, "IMO only a person who also holds the belief of Hamas, being the total destruction and remnoval of all Jews, can state things in their favour."

Then, you say, "Israel will not stop the war until they have destroyed all of Hamas and their supporters." 

Isn't this just saying the same thing, saying that both sides are being led by ultra-right-wing, nationalistic fanatics (Hamas and Zionists) who will not stop until the other side is completely wiped out - a one-state solution?

That's what it looks like to me, and if this is what you meant, then I agree with you. But, the solution will involve overthrowing the leadership of those radical factions so a ceasefire, exchange of hostages/prisoners, and negotiations on a two-state solution can begin in earnest. 

Dude, is there really any point in explaining anything to you ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Who said it was ?

When someone replies to you  , you will say "You lot keep going on about antisemitism all the time *

You keep denying being an anti Semite without anyone suggesting that you are 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You keep denying being an anti Semite without anyone suggesting that you are 

"The antisemites are thick around here. "

"Par for the course.

Not just here."

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yeah and wanting to end Ukraine as fascist dictator Putin does is not anti Ukrainian.

Yeah that's the ticket.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah and wanting to end Ukraine as fascist dictator Putin does is not anti Ukrainian.

Yeah that's the ticket.

You imply that there is something wrong with not liking Israel by trying to spin it to mean those opposing Israel are racist or antisemitic. Stop it! 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah that's the ticket.

Israel is a racist, settler colonial project that would not have been possible without hundreds of thousand of white European settlers stealing the land and homes of the indigenous people.

Keep supporting this mad project that has killed millions over the last 100 years. Israel should not exist, and does not deserve to exist.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

Israel is a racist, settler colonial project that would not have been possible without hundreds of thousand of white European settlers stealing the land and homes of the indigenous people.

Keep supporting this mad project that has killed millions over the last 100 years. Israel should not exist, and does not deserve to exist.

You are not allowed to say that, it's not nice. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You've got all the Jew hating talking points. Congratulations!

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Australia is calling and says "Hello"

Heard you mention White European settlers stealing homes of the indigenous people and Australia asks what you want and can they be of any assistance 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Jew hate? Nope. Stop trying to conflate Israel with Jewishness.

Millions of Jews around the world lived in Arab and African countries for centuries without fear.

Jews who lived in Europe are the ones who faced antisemitism, as it is a Christian phenomenon.

Ignoring the mass immigration of Europeans who had a home country to Arab lands from the early 1900's - 1948 is monstrous. Look at Britain today with it's "stop the boats" and the USA today with its "shut down the border and impeach the secretary" when talking about immigration to those countries. They don't like immigrants coming, but Arabs have to put up with it because they aren't white?

Jews weren't seen as "white" in Europe.

Jews in the Muslim world did live under discriminatory laws but you're correct not as severe as Christian nation ones.

Of course never mind the Jewish Nakba that came later -- something Israel demonizers act like it never happened if they're even aware of it.

Your problem is that you've bought into the simple minded leftist ideology that "white" people are always bad and darker people are always dear lovable oppressed angels.

It's a crock!

It has nothing to do with the history of Israel.

Jews are indigenous to the land that is now Israel.

They were there far before the Arabs who were indeed colonialists there, not to mention the Turks and Brits.

According to your truly vile Jew hating narrative the Jews that did save themselves by migrating to Palestine (British mandate colony) before the holocaust should have just stayed there to be shot and gassed.

I'll ignore your pathetic and moronic attempt to try to tie the history of the Zionist movement (a LIBERATION movement) to current western border issues. It doesn't wash.

You really don't need to reply to this. I know all your talking points. They are vile and we have zero space for agreement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1