British man quits England for Thailand’s tropical tranquility

Had enough of the UK has he. Good for nothing Country. I am assuming he has given up his passport then. Stateless?

Thai passport? 

I think he has money from the bank of M&D First National.

• Agree 1

Just now, Thumbs said:

How is this newsworthy? Hundreds of people do this every day unfortunately most will return home with their tail between their legs. I give it 4 months and few trips to immigration before those rose tinted glasses are slapped off his face. Said he was working as a receptionist for £11 an hour so bet he wasn’t get vast amounts of money saved, doesn’t mention after university so not sure he has a degree (good luck getting a long term teaching job where you can settle down and have a family without one) having a British passport and language means nothing anymore unlike 15 years ago when it was a rarity and guaranteed you a job. Thailand is much cheaper than the Uk but the typical salary here is less as well (unless you have certain skills and qualifications in demand, not really screaming out for receptionists last time i checked recruitment websites)

wish him luck but think he is for a rude awakening when reality sets in, AseanNow thought this was news worthy lets see if they can do a follow in the next 4 months when his visa expires and then again in 12 months if he is still here 

Publicity. He probably has a fikfok page and is just another way of driving traffic, which it has done.

• Agree 2

I have no idea how this "content creator" managed to get himself in the news for such an ordinary thing of moving to Thailand.  There is literally nothing special about his story or him as a person.   He is (or was) just an £11 an hour receptionist with no particular talent to speak of.  Baffling.  So credit where it is due, he has managed to get his face/name in the news (not just Thai news but UK national newspapers as well) and this will give him a boost on his FaceTokTube channel.   Presumably this has come at the cost of doing some kind of deal with the devil though.   

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

To arrive in Thailand? My guess is you are 99% wrong! 

Well unless the lad teleported himself to Thailand a ticket for some sort of transportation would have to have been purchased.

Iam certain you are 99% wrong.

I wonder whether he is closely related to the Ruparelia family that has extensive business interests in Uganda and elsewhere. If so, his family is wealthy. Not sure why he would work as a receptionist, though.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

and you know he does not have a tourist visa how ?

Does a Tourist Visa not require evidence of an outbound ticket, air, land, sea. Yeh, maybe he has a bus ticket to Cambodia.

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Does a Tourist Visa not require evidence of an outbound ticket, air, land, sea. Yeh, maybe he has a bus ticket to Cambodia.

To my knowledge, Nope.

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

To my knowledge, Nope.

Just Googled Tourist Visa for arriving in Thailand

When you arrive in Thailand, you will need to provide the following documents at Passport Control:

• Passport with approved visa attached (if you applied at an Embassy)
  • Confirmation letter of visa approval (if you applied online)
  • Confirmed exit flight from the country
  • Confirmed accommodation (at least for the first night in the country)
  • Financial statement or bank statement showing funds available (10,000 or 20,000 Thai Baht equivalent)
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just Googled Tourist Visa for arriving in Thailand

When you arrive in Thailand, you will need to provide the following documents at Passport Control:

• Passport with approved visa attached (if you applied at an Embassy)
  • Confirmation letter of visa approval (if you applied online)
  • Confirmed exit flight from the country
  • Confirmed accommodation (at least for the first night in the country)
  • Financial statement or bank statement showing funds available (10,000 or 20,000 Thai Baht equivalent)

Interesting, I have entered twice on tourist visa with no outbound ticket.

Somebody should tell thai airways it is a requirement... but then immigration at swampy did not care either !

• Like 1

Like most of us on here. So, are we all going to get an article in Asean now?    How the hell is this a story?   might as well report tomorrow that someone went for a pi** in a toilet.  

• Thumbs Up 1

ive seen this fella on tik tok.

this is clearly a paid advertising campaign..

he’s all about the views.

just another bitcoin weasel who will be back home before the year is out.

bob.

• Thumbs Up 1

After reading some of the comments regarding his name being British, got me thinking. 

I assume people are referencing that he is not white. So I was thinking what is the racial make up the UK.

Surprise it is something like 83% white. This really surprised me. Judging by comments I assumed this number would be much smaller. Next group is 7% and I think it was Asian. 

Really seems there are some major issues with the UK when 83% of the population are ceding control to the other 17%, or so it would seem by many comments on social media.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1