British man quits England for Thailand’s tropical tranquility

Well on the topic of 'how does he stay' doesn't it come down to two basic options

He has no income, so...

1. Mommy & Daddy buy him an elite visa and fund him.

2. He applies for an Ed Visa, and Mommy & Daddy fund him while he earns poverty wages.

Maybe I'm missing something, but seems like a spoilt brat kid to me.

• Like 1

I am not familiar with author Bob Scott and it isn't stated where else this might have been published but what a master class of understatement with regard to the UK's rapid decline in civilized behaviour. Also the total naivety of Mr Ruparelia assumption he will be able to stay in Thailand having been a "receptionist" (can he do 120 wpm) earning a King's ransom of 500 baht an hour is astonishing, or did he win the UK lottery?

No wonder all the old cynics on here are Taking the Micky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, worgeordie said:

Has he come here on refugee status , how does he think he is going to be

able to stay here , "aspires to bring his family to Thailand once he has settled down. "

his bubble is soon going to be burst .

regards worgeordie

You are right, he does sound like one of the "refugees" who arrive by dinghy in England and are put up in four star hotels and given a phone, free meals and pocket money while they await "processing" by the Hopeless Home Office.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:20 AM, Crossy said:

Go for it Riyan.

If it all goes pear-shaped you are still young enough to re-boot somewhere else, even back home.

But, how do you plan to support yourself and later your parents?

Methinks he must have won the lottery!  I wonder what he saved on 30,hrs a week.? No, it’s just a made up story for the press/ Facebook whatever. Not a true word.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:20 PM, Crossy said:

Go for it Riyan.

If it all goes pear-shaped you are still young enough to re-boot somewhere else, even back home.

But, how do you plan to support yourself and later your parents?

I was wondering that .myself,  visa,.money ect, maybe holds a Indian passport, don't know if that helps 

16 hours ago, tmd5855 said:

spending your leave between women's limbs

I could live with the downside if I could get that on a regular basis. Perhaps the Australian mines provide a more stable life pattern. Loads of money and a short flight to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

So people with a visa should show an  out bound ticket ?

Tourist. Absolutely. But not if on a long stay visa/extension (retirement, marriage, etc.), NonB, LTR, or Elite. 

15 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Tourist. Absolutely. But not if on a long stay visa/extension (retirement, marriage, etc.), NonB, LTR, or Elite. 

yeah interesting.

but it seems those on tourist visa are not really policed by the airlines before boarding.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

yeah interesting.

but it seems those on tourist visa are not really policed by the airlines before boarding.

So it would seem. But there is no excuse why immigration can't do the same sitting comfortably at their computers (heaven forbid they work too hard) when someone passes through passport control on entry. 

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

yeah interesting.

for exmple THAI which needs the cash to repay debts and purchase new planes?

15 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

So it would seem. But there is no excuse why immigration can't do the same sitting comfortably at their computers (heaven forbid they work too hard) when someone passes through passport control on entry. 

Qantas put a warning on my ticket to Bk must show return ticket b4 boarding in Auckland, because entering on visa on arrival, never had problem b4,even though I said I will extend to non o,can get around that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Qantas put a warning on my ticket to Bk must show return ticket b4 boarding in Auckland, because entering on visa on arrival, never had problem b4,even though I said I will extend to non o,can get around that. 

Visa on arrival or visa exempt ?

21 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

There are long queues at immigration as it is , making people show their return flight would just add to the time and queues , taking into consideration that people don't use physical tickets these days  and its all online 

52 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are long queues at immigration as it is , making people show their return flight would just add to the time and queues , taking into consideration that people don't use physical tickets these days  and its all online 

Like you say... it's all computerize. Not that hard to check.