Swiss national opts for jail after assaulting Thai woman in mall

webfact

3 hours ago, JGon said:

The media nowadays is the best tool to influence the populace and  slowly mold them to whatever the controlling agency wants. I detest mainstream media be western or any country... it's too influenced by the top. Lots are waking up to this and are ignoring it in the western world... but here lol my Thai wife listens to it like it's gospel...  

You mean this kicking & assaulting is the fault of the media?

Should these, murder, robbery be hushed up?

Jem Jem.   In don`t think it will affect other Farangs living here.

The (local) Immigration has a fairly good idea about who you are.     

Have never (in 18 years) had ANY problems with them. They now me,

always polite and no problems, at all. It is all about how you

show them your attitude. If you are rude to them, loose your temper,

things will slow down very fast when doing som renewal of visa.

Be nice! How hard can it be?

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

A coward Macho man with “HIS” wife;

IMG_3204.jpeg

Yeah. Truly disgusting to beat up your own wife like this. And now she even wants to bail him out. What's wrong with these people?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

These Thai people, what are we going to do with them? Why can they  be philoxenos and  tolerant like we are towards foreigners in our countries.   

Notice how I managed to work the word "Philoxenos"  in there?

Dude I have been dying to use that word ever since I  got to the Ps on the dictionary  but the opportunity neve presented itself.

Apologies but when will  I ever get the chance again? :biggrin:

Had to look it up, and I appreciate your irony, especially considering that the majority of the farangs living in Thailand do so thanks to "love for foreigners" by many Thai ladies. Or, in some cases, "love for foreign wallet" , I'll let you find the Greek word for that.

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Clearly he's not a banker....can't imagine one of the gnomes of Zurich choosing Trang as his retirement spot.

Yup dude, that's a real s-hole of a town/province.

Normal falangs like us go to Pattaya. Why for gosh's sake was her there in the first place?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Too good for him! By God he should be peeled alive and have salt rubbed into his raw flesh every day for 500 years, if not longer and it should be carried out for at least 10 years after he dies.

They should send Thai special forces, led by Anutin to Switzerland to round up every member of his family, bring them to Thailand and hold a show trial in the same format as the Israeli's did with Adolf Eichmann, then hang all of his family including any pets that they own.

Just remember though - John - 8-7-11 " He lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone"

Your trivialising of this matter speaks volumes about your character, and none of it is good.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

Laying the groundwork for visa tightening?

I would have to agree... The Thaiger News just published an article about how to get a criminal records check. Beat the system: Nail your background check with a record. https://thethaiger.com/guides/visa-information/beat-the-system-nail-your-background-check-with-a-record 

Seems something is in the wind about this otherwise the news would not be pushing narratives like in that article. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

Too good for him! By God he should be peeled alive and have salt rubbed into his raw flesh every day for 500 years, if not longer and it should be carried out for at least 10 years after he dies.

They should send Thai special forces, led by Anutin to Switzerland to round up every member of his family, bring them to Thailand and hold a show trial in the same format as the Israeli's did with Adolf Eichmann, then hang all of his family including any pets that they own.

Just remember though - John - 8-7-11 " He lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone"

You forgot the sarcasm alert sticker.

This crazy Swiss man should be jailed for attempted murder for 10+ years perhaps. His attack was unprovoked and violent. As for the other Swiss man on the beach, I think it's too much to kick him out of Thailand. Jail him for a couple of months maybe instead.

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Don't worry, whatever they come up with won't make any sense....

.....like the required syphilis test for the work permit, lol.

I agree with you. For my retirement visa application they asked for:

- Certified original criminal record extract from the applicant's current country of residence, valid for a maximum of 3 months (Which makes sense)

- Original medical certificate from the country in which the application is submitted, stating that the applicant must not have any of the diseases listed in Ministerial Decree No. 14 (B.E 2535), such as (1) leprosy, (2) tuberculosis, (3) Elephantiasis, (4) drug addiction and (5) syphilis in the third phase

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This guy must be a complete idiot ,would rather stay in jail ,than to be

bailed out by his ex wife , ....must fancy a little holiday ,with free board.

regards worgeordie

There must be more to this story.  I suspect he's afraid of people on the outside.  At least he thinks he's safe in custody. 

All he needs now is a medical condition (which under thai law is not allowed to be known apparently, then jobs a good un and spend whole sentence in Police hospital)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lopburikid said:

I was in a lift (yesterday) in a local shopping mall.  I was at the back of about 12 people. as my floor approached, I softly said excuse me (in Thai) as I made my way to the front. As I was leaving, I said thank you (again in Thai) 3 of the people in the lift responded by thanking me for being polite, (in Thai of course) I am ALWAYS polite, but I have never been thanked for being polite, so may have something to do with the present news reports.

I highly doubt it. Most Thais are polite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Met many Swiss , my best friend is Swiss he won’t tolerate this behavior from his fellow countryman

What has being Swiss got to do with any of this? The news is about the appalling actions of a man who has problems. Nationality has nothing to do with it.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A 62 year old Swiss national who physically assaulted a local Thai woman in a mall, chose to remain in custody despite an offer of bail from his former Thai spouse. The Trang Provincial Court had set his bail at 50,000 baht (US$1,406), which his ex-wife was willing to pay.

However, the Swiss man, Dieter Matthias Straumann, rejected her assistance and expressed a desire to stay in jail. He further showed resistance by refusing to liaise with the Swiss embassy or his family.

Yesterday, the Tourist Police reported this incident, stating that in the event of Straumann’s temporary release during prosecution, they have asked immigration authorities to prevent him from leaving Thailand.

The suspect has been uncooperative, refusing to respond to police questioning or sign any document recognising the charges against him. He faces serious allegations of causing severe physical injury and disobedience towards officials due to his lack of cooperation.

The local police obtained a court order for his 12-day detention on Wednesday.

Straumann is accused of assaulting Natchanan Khikkham, a 58 year old woman, at a Big C store in the Mueang district. The assault occurred when Khikkham asked Straumann to be polite, leading to him pushing her and repeatedly punching her. Khikkham sustained a broken nose, swollen eyes and back, and had difficulty breathing as a result of the attack.

Kritpong Khikkham, the victim’s son, expressed the family’s intention to pursue all possible legal avenues against Straumann. He stated that Straumann had pressed his knee onto his mother’s neck and punched her approximately 20 times, indicating that an attempted murder charge should also be considered. His mother’s medical condition would require four to six weeks of treatment, as per a doctor’s assessment.

Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul emphasised the need for strict law enforcement in this case, given that a citizen was subjected to maltreatment. He voiced his concern over Straumann’s presence in Thailand.

“We do not want such a person in Thailand because he poses a danger to society, and he already used violence and injured another.”

Anutin further raised the question of revoking Straumann’s visa, reported Bangkok Post.

In related news, the Immigration Bureau revoked the visa of a Swiss man involved in assaulting a female Thai doctor in Phuket. He faced legal action and public backlash, leading to visa cancellation.

by Mitch Connor

Photo courtesy of Thairath

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A 62 year old Swiss national who physically assaulted a local Thai woman in a mall, chose to remain in custody despite an offer of bail from his former Thai spouse. The Trang Provincial Court had set his bail at 50,000 baht (US$1,406), which his ex-wife was willing to pay.

However, the Swiss man, Dieter Matthias Straumann, rejected her assistance and expressed a desire to stay in jail. He further showed resistance by refusing to liaise with the Swiss embassy or his family.

Yesterday, the Tourist Police reported this incident, stating that in the event of Straumann’s temporary release during prosecution, they have asked immigration authorities to prevent him from leaving Thailand.

The suspect has been uncooperative, refusing to respond to police questioning or sign any document recognising the charges against him. He faces serious allegations of causing severe physical injury and disobedience towards officials due to his lack of cooperation.

The local police obtained a court order for his 12-day detention on Wednesday.

Straumann is accused of assaulting Natchanan Khikkham, a 58 year old woman, at a Big C store in the Mueang district. The assault occurred when Khikkham asked Straumann to be polite, leading to him pushing her and repeatedly punching her. Khikkham sustained a broken nose, swollen eyes and back, and had difficulty breathing as a result of the attack.

Kritpong Khikkham, the victim’s son, expressed the family’s intention to pursue all possible legal avenues against Straumann. He stated that Straumann had pressed his knee onto his mother’s neck and punched her approximately 20 times, indicating that an attempted murder charge should also be considered. His mother’s medical condition would require four to six weeks of treatment, as per a doctor’s assessment.

Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul emphasised the need for strict law enforcement in this case, given that a citizen was subjected to maltreatment. He voiced his concern over Straumann’s presence in Thailand.

“We do not want such a person in Thailand because he poses a danger to society, and he already used violence and injured another.”

Anutin further raised the question of revoking Straumann’s visa, reported Bangkok Post.

In related news, the Immigration Bureau revoked the visa of a Swiss man involved in assaulting a female Thai doctor in Phuket. He faced legal action and public backlash, leading to visa cancellation.

by Mitch Connor

Photo courtesy of Thairath

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

4 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

It's always been part of the work permit, well, 10 years, plus

Yeah ok.

Iam on my second work permit (issued 2019) with the first issued in 2006.

Neither times was a syphilis test required.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, JGon said:

Another one... soon the media will keep pushing this narrative and we "farangs" will be stereotype for a few bad apples (if this isn't already happening).

Another Swiss man again. I think this is the 3rd one this week. What's with the Swiss guys beating up women?

• Confused 1

He was the aggressor!
Attempted murder is a stretch but its possible I suppose especially if he said im gonna kill you. 
I haven’t heard him say that but if he did!

My wife has been following the events , apparently  he had a tiff with the Mrs leading up to that day.

His Mrs said he ordinarily is a nice guy and has supported her & the kids!

Too bad, no excuse for beating up a woman . I hope he gets help , its sounds like he needs a professional  talking too.

im&wop

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I can't believe an Ex wife would bail him out...

I would have thought she'd be dancing on the ceiling in delight that he's locked up. 

Here's a thought, maybe he wants to get locked up as protection from the ex wife's family (if he was as violent with her). Her offer to bail him puts him back on the streets and vulnerable to attack.  Also he may have run out of money and can't afford a ticket home so deportation would-be a gift

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, RobU said:

Here's a thought, maybe he wants to get locked up as protection from the ex wife's family (if he was as violent with her). Her offer to bail him puts him back on the streets and vulnerable to attack.  Also he may have run out of money and can't afford a ticket home so deportation would-be a gift

Very good point... I like your train of thought.  👍

• Like 1