So why are you here late at night?

So, my time is about 2 am and yes, I am not at LOS at the moment. But one get so many posts or replies from members are they all overseas and not in Thailand? How many posters or members are actually in Thailand?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I'm usually in my beloved Nimman top floor condo in Chiang Mai, but I'm currently deep in the Sahara in Morocco.

As long as I'm here in this moribund thread, a travel report:

Morocco is not at all hassle-central as advertised. Deep muslim-style hospitality and even the (occasional) refusal of a tip, The food is very mono and spice free, but broadly meditaranian. It would help to like mint tea. They've seen enough whities to offer a sugar-free option.

The wifi is a bit spotty after the camel ride (we took a 4X4), but the local Gnawi musicians could (and do) grace any concert stage in the world. Price-wise, call it a third off Spain. Maybe better done on a tour due to the daunting travel logistics of going into the desert. 

No sex on offer in Islam-land. Trick here and suffer an honor-killing fate.

The joke, "You alway here about Is-lam, but you never hear about 'Er-lamb" went down a storm with the locals.

(Credit to the Trink-like genius, Bernard Manning).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

I'm usually in my beloved Nimman top floor condo in Chiang Mai, but I'm currently deep in the Sahara in Morocco.

Morocco is not at all hassle-central as advertised. Deep muslim-style hospitality and even the (occasional) refusal of a tip, The food is very mono and spice free, but broadly meditaranian. It would help to like mint tea. They've seen enough whities to offer a sugar-free option.

The wifi is a bit spotty after the camel ride (we took a 4X4), but the local Gnawi musicians could (and do) grace any concert stage in the world. Price-wise, call it a third off Spain. Maybe better done on a tour due to the daunting travel logistics of going into the desert. 

The joke, "You alway here about Is-lam, but you never hear about 'Er-lamb" went down a storm with the locals.

All the Moroccan recipes I've seen call for heaps of spices so why do you say it is spice free?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

All the Moroccan recipes I've seen call for heaps of spices so why do you say it is spice free?

Def. I made a ton of Tajines during covid and ordered up variations of Ras En Hanoute and other spice blends from Amazon. On the ground here, nowhere to be seen. It's not really a restaurant culture. Everyone eats their bland food at home. 

They're even light on salt. Sometimes a light dusting of cinnimon on a orange slice. That's it. The famous harissa chili paste has been spotted once. I see lots of cheap saffron in the market, but have yet to encounter it at dinner.

Couscous is always on the soggy side. Veg is cooked to death. Meat is tough. It's like a North African version of your high school cafeteria.

Lovely bread, fantastic olives, giant, tasty oranges. I've been eating spaghetti bolognaise whenever I see it on the menu (about every other day).

Additional fun fact: The famous Tajine pot adds exactly nothing to the cooking process. A dutch oven works the same. Google will verify.

53 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Def. I made a ton of Tajines during covid and ordered up variations of Ras En Hanoute and other spice blends from Amazon. On the ground here, nowhere to be seen. It's not really a restaurant culture. Everyone eats their bland food at home. 

They're even light on salt. Sometimes a light dusting of cinnimon on a orange slice. That's it. The famous harissa chili paste has been spotted once. I see lots of cheap saffron in the market, but have yet to encounter it at dinner.

Couscous is always on the soggy side. Veg is cooked to death. Meat is tough. It's like a North African version of your high school cafeteria.

Lovely bread, fantastic olives, giant, tasty oranges. I've been eating spaghetti bolognaise whenever I see it on the menu (about every other day).

Additional fun fact: The famous Tajine pot adds exactly nothing to the cooking process. A dutch oven works the same. Google will verify.

That's no good. Any idea why that might be the case? One of those countries where all the good stuff gets sold off to the highest bidder and the genpop get the dregs?

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

So, my time is about 2 am and yes, I am not at LOS at the moment. But one get so many posts or replies from members are they all overseas and not in Thailand? How many posters or members are actually in Thailand?

Not many, and even less are active posters, for obviously reasons.  

I avoid most threads now, even ones I have an interest in, and developed a 'why bother' attitude.  I see now the 'worst joke' thread is now being censored.  

As if the trolls and having discussions with children or the most ignorant adults isn't enough of a turn off.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

So that's why you abused me.

No, you made less than smart comments! I responded. Please don't take it all too seriously, life is fleeting!

Edited by 2baht
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

I am, 70, with stage 4  terminal cancer!

This may interest you ... some having margins of success even in stage 4.  Watch the whole vid, as good info throughout: 

• Love It 1

Just now, 2baht said:

No, you made less than smart comments! I responded. Please don't take it all to seriously, life is fleeting!

I don't, I just thought you were stupid.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

Ahhhh! We have a similar opinion! :thumbsup:

You might care I don't. It's pretty dumb abusing people for no reason.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

I can only talk for myself. But I am here, 

Of course you idiot, you are there where else could you be! Where is here?:laugh:

Alright, alight. Here is Thailand! you happy now,

I tell you these voices in my head sure are annoying, I sure hope they would stop arguing with me.

But I digress. 

So I am here in Thailand, but I don't sleep well. I get up in  the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep for an hour or so. 

Also I do know someone has to keep you all Thai expat wannabes and those trapped away from LOS 

honest and keep an eye on you. So I perform a public service. 

You would think you would be appreciative  but by some of the replies and emojis I get, you would be wrong.  

I am sure glad the extended finger emoji is not available , cause if it was I might be tempted to abandon my civic duty and leave you all to your own miserable devices. 

So yes!! a few Thank You"  emojis would surely be appreciated. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

Why would you think or assume that? Because your time is 2 am????

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Bet the air is cleaner in morocco

14 hours ago, still kicking said:

Would be better with a poll, if you wish to see some level of result of how many forum members that are actually staying in Thailand.

And by the way, I'm staying here full time...:smile:

14 hours ago, still kicking said:

Who Cares. things change, Some get Peeved off  some keep on going and some move out.🤠

• Agree 1