Immigration releases statement on crackdowns on foreign offenders

webfact

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

They never said or stated that. This piece of news are about Immigration and tourist police. As they work with foreigners and not with the local citizens, it´s only natural that they also give information about that.

Rest assured that Thai police have their hands full with Thai criminals. Why do they need the extra workload with foreign criminals? Just cancel their visas and deport them. Job done. 

18 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Rest assured that Thai police have their hands full with Thai criminals. Why do they need the extra workload with foreign criminals? Just cancel their visas and deport them. Job done. 

Ok, so if you break the law in US or UK, you do not have to go to court, and are just deported? Just understand, that Thailand is not much different than any other country regarding that procedure. Just a lot of foreigners on this forum that want to make everything here different and bad. They have sections for what you are talking about, as well as they have sections that deal with foreigners.

Edited by Gottfrid

3 hours ago, proton said:

Easiest crackdown and the way to get rid of pot less rif raff- arrest anyone one with an extension from a province they don't live in obtained by bribery via an agent.

But then, what would we do without you on here........:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So you claim work till you die or retire and do nothing.. Everything you name sounds nice but it is not...Try to play bridge..or even try to get or bring friends or family to the airport. last week you read what will happen. Even working in the garden or cleaning is not allowed as it is a protected job and the views are being disturbed by boing boing boing music from miles away... Siting on the beach or in  coffeeshop after 14.00 you can't buy a beer or something till 17.00. No nothing is allowed in fact so tell me why should people come to THailand to retire

What a load of nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Wahhh, are they picking on you and your drinking buddies again? One snarky comment reveals you so succinctly, amazing. So entitled. Like an American Karen. How old are you? Pointing the finger like a 5 year old at the other kids as if you're personally being singled out? "But Johnny Somchai did this, Sally Wongsuwong did that". Wahhh. BTW, you have one thing right - Thais ARE citizens, and 99% of them ARE model citizens. So as citizens there is no deportation for them. As it should be. Wahhh so unfair. If you're not a citizen Thailand has every right to hold you to a high standard of behavior with stiff penalties for transgressions. You're trespassing in someone else's country. How does YOUR country treat immigrants? In my 10 years here the worst offenders I've seen have all been foreigners. I see disrespect to Thailand by foreigners all the time. Probably farang just like you. My suggestion is you further your education in order to avoid further embarrassment to yourself with comments such as this. Maybe you can find a Thai elementary school that will take you. The kids can give you the basics on "model" citizenry. Or, just self deport. Thailand really doesn't need you or your attitude. And most of us ex pats would not be sad to see you go. Lakon, don't let the door hit you on your way out. 

Is it your time of the month Hun?🙃

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Wahhh, are they picking on you and your drinking buddies again? One snarky comment reveals you so succinctly, amazing. So entitled. Like an American Karen. How old are you? Pointing the finger like a 5 year old at the other kids as if you're personally being singled out? "But Johnny Somchai did this, Sally Wongsuwong did that". Wahhh. BTW, you have one thing right - Thais ARE citizens, and 99% of them ARE model citizens. So as citizens there is no deportation for them. As it should be. Wahhh so unfair. If you're not a citizen Thailand has every right to hold you to a high standard of behavior with stiff penalties for transgressions. You're trespassing in someone else's country. How does YOUR country treat immigrants? In my 10 years here the worst offenders I've seen have all been foreigners. I see disrespect to Thailand by foreigners all the time. Probably farang just like you. My suggestion is you further your education in order to avoid further embarrassment to yourself with comments such as this. Maybe you can find a Thai elementary school that will take you. The kids can give you the basics on "model" citizenry. Or, just self deport. Thailand really doesn't need you or your attitude. And most of us ex pats would not be sad to see you go. Lakon, don't let the door hit you on your way out. 

Spot on, Aussies put up with '10 quid mugrant  gentleman' whining their guts out for generations. Many local pubs had prominent signage advising them where the door home was located, mentioning 'off' or somesuch direction.! 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Spot on, Aussies put up with '10 quid mugrant  gentleman' whining their guts out for generations. Many local pubs had prominent signage advising them where the door home was located, mentioning 'off' or somesuch direction.! 

Yep.

That's the sort of redneck hospitality we have come to expect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Yep.

That's the sort of redneck hospitality we have come to expect

'We'? Must ring a bell for you then..message for the invader colonists.. "look what you created"!! Stiff $hit.

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

They have clue.. They see all foreigners as tourists for a few weeks to spend their money here and leave. Long term expats and retirees are allowed here to sit at their home travel around the country and drink coffee, and the latest pay tax.. But they are not allowed to do even some volunteer work which on a retiring visa is impossible because you can't get a workpermit for free work on it.  So sit at home watch TV and go drink coffee and sometimes travel around ... That is retirement in Thailand and they are wondering why there are no people coming.

You need a work permit for everything that a Thai can't do, so no jobs left for long term expats

With respect, not strictly true. As a retiree on a 1 year retirement visa, I was invited to join the Thai Tourist Police as a volunteer, a job I did for 9 years. I did not need a work pemit as this was waived by the relevent government employment agency. Eventually I received a small wage which was agreed by TP HQ in Bangkok - 100 baht per call out. This was pre-covid and before I moved to Cambodia.

During the last months there has been a sharp increase in arrests of foreigners, as mentioned in the daily news, and I believe this will backfire on us expats. Its a worrying situation.

Not only Russians, but also Europeans, Scandinavian and American farangs. Plus Chinese and visitors from the subcontinent.

Will there be a situation in Thailand like in Europe, where people loudly complain about the "low quality immigrants" coming en masse? Will there be hatred against farangs?

I believe so, it's very sad!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

They can work in their home country. Why do they have to come to Thailand and work illegally? Are they economic migrants and not able to get any work in their home country? 

Maybe they like Thailand better than their home countries? I do!

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

First dibs on the dressing up box also gets the blonde (photo 3)!

There are 3 blondes in that pic... I'm assuming you are hankering for the one on the far right, in short pants and black shoes?

7 hours ago, RobU said:

Stop UK criminals by demanding an enhanced DBS disclosure as part of the visa application process. I don't know if other countries have similar systems but it shows criminal.record including if someone is on the sex offenders register and can be accessed online by the person making the check

Are you for real?  Enhanced DBS are only available to employers and registered organisations that can justify their need.  Do you honestly think that the UK is going to release that kind of data in to the hands of a country that ranks fairly low on the least corruption index and wouldn't know what data protection is if it fell on one of their heads?  

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Are you for real?  Enhanced DBS are only available to employers and registered organisations that can justify their need.  Do you honestly think that the UK is going to release that kind of data in to the hands of a country that ranks fairly low on the least corruption index and wouldn't know what data protection is if it fell on one of their heads?  

Interesting opinion however could do without the insulting sarcastic remark at the beginning. Are you for real or just a twerp showing your social  inferiority and ill manners from your location in the UK? Perhaps the idea scares you and you feel that you have to try to suppress all discussion by use of aggression 

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sig said:

There are 3 blondes in that pic... I'm assuming you are hankering for the one on the far right, in short pants and black shoes?

No hankering at all - I am refering to the fellow in the "urban spaceman" outfit on the left!

On 3/14/2024 at 7:13 AM, ikke1959 said:

They have clue.. They see all foreigners as tourists for a few weeks to spend their money here and leave. Long term expats and retirees are allowed here to sit at their home travel around the country and drink coffee, and the latest pay tax.. But they are not allowed to do even some volunteer work which on a retiring visa is impossible because you can't get a workpermit for free work on it.  So sit at home watch TV and go drink coffee and sometimes travel around ... That is retirement in Thailand and they are wondering why there are no people coming.

You need a work permit for everything that a Thai can't do, so no jobs left for long term expats

my ex sister in law, in france, not married, but a kid with a thai going to a french school, got french nationality, after 2 years... did not work, did not contribute,  nationality for free...

but in thailand, married, children...you get nothing at all in return

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

But you are not working in the shop/restaurant... see what happens if you don't have a workpermit..Examples enough even today on this forum

Plenty of previous references to this. If your spouse runs a business you are permitted to 'assist'. Because that is what couples do, they assist each other. 

12 hours ago, RobU said:

Interesting opinion however could do without the insulting sarcastic remark at the beginning. Are you for real or just a twerp showing your social  inferiority and ill manners from your location in the UK? Perhaps the idea scares you and you feel that you have to try to suppress all discussion by use of aggression 

Ooh, hark at you?  It would help if you had some knowledge of what you were talking about and a sense of reality before making such a crass suggestion?  Hence the opening comment!  My father always taught me that if I had nothing sensible to say, say nothing; and you could obviously learn from this?  Social inferiority eh?  From your obvious ignorance and lack of real world experience, which is profound from your initial comment, I would be taking a long look in the mirror before suggesting this of others.  Just FYI though I don't have any trouble jetting back and forth the US with work when I need to, so I doubt that anything Thailand brings in will have any effect on me.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Totally correct in that if you are married, there is a not very well known law that states you are allowed to help in a small family run business without a work permit in order to provide for your family.  The issue is how the local BIB or immigration interpret this and whether someone if charged, would have access to a honourable lawyer to fight the case on its merits and not just see it as a meal ticket with no care for the outcome?  My lawyer brother-in-law once told me that me helping to clear up after hours or occasionally carrying a bag of rice or similar for my other half in her roadside cafe/restaurant in the suburbs will not be a problem although waiting tables full time would.  I'll be honest though in stating that I wouldn't want to test it in your average bar/restaurant in the centre of a tourist hotspot.  

Looking forward to a link for your claim.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Looking forward to a link for your claim.

The brother-in-law told me about it but I also came across it not so long back when researching it online.  I haven't got time to look for it myself right now but if you have, it can be found on the website of either Siam Legal or a similar website.  If I get time later to find it myself, I will post it.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

No hankering at all - I am refering to the fellow in the "urban spaceman" outfit on the left!

lol yeah, that's a funny outfit, but he isn't blonde... very confusing....

On 3/14/2024 at 6:49 AM, 2baht said:

Not all are crims and scumbags, md! I'm sure one or two of us are legit!

Hey 2baht.!

How do you come up with such clever posts..?

Bravo, bravo.

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

The brother-in-law told me about it but I also came across it not so long back when researching it online.  I haven't got time to look for it myself right now but if you have, it can be found on the website of either Siam Legal or a similar website.  If I get time later to find it myself, I will post it.  

So you make an unsourced claim that working without a work permit is permitted depending on circumstances.