Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn summoned to acknowledge money laundering charges

webfact

24 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So he's guilty? A bit premature, surely? Somebody accuses you of a crime and you're immediately guilty, right? No doubt that effect is the intention here.

I suggest he should have at least been suspended while under investigation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

So he's guilty? A bit premature, surely? Somebody accuses you of a crime and you're immediately guilty, right? No doubt that effect is the intention here.

I didn't say anything even remotely close to that, simply making bad laundry puns to amuse myself.

But you go ahead and do that "cranky old man in diapers" thing for which AN is famous (or is that infamous?)

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I suggest he should have at least been suspended while under investigation. 

I wonder if he has a good story to cover his ar$e, looks like it's about to get shafted.

• Like 1

Wonder if BNKMaster is a subsidiary of Minnie or the other way round? but it's odds on for skullduggery in the 2.30 at Kempton just place your bets at KNBMouse 🤔

• Confused 2

This is how I see the USA becoming under another 4 years of DT. Deny, fake news, delay.

I dont believe for a second bribery does not happen in the "Western" world however they are much more discreet about it.

Here pretty much anything goes and when you have the people in "control" policing everybody, there is no accountability.

We went thru a check stop the other day and my wife points to a police officer "see that guy with the glasses, he controls the Yaba trade in this region" how do you know this - "everybody knows"😂 555

Edited by rct99q
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Following a warning that the guards risked being charged with obstruction of the officers’ mission, police were granted access after roughly 20 minutes of negotiation.

It's a private estate and it's not a court warrant. I don't think they had a legal basis to arrest the security guards for not letting them in. They could have handed the summons to them especially when the suspect was not at home. So what, the police officers really really wanted to go and put it in the mail box or what? The officers also know well where the suspect works. Could have handed it to him in his office. Doesn't smell right.

• Like 2

Maybe he rings the miracle man running the agricultural ministry; the latter seems to be an expert in conversions ....... and let's face it; ending up as a minister after having served four years in a "dirty farang" slammer in faraway lands is quite an achievement on the curriculum vitae - me thinks! 

If the picture shown is the accused gentleman's residence and the police has to "negotiate" 20 minutes prior to being granted access ...... the salary slip must be wider than tall 😉 

1 hour ago, rct99q said:

This is how I see the USA becoming under another 4 years of DT. Deny, fake news, delay.

I dont believe for a second bribery does not happen in the "Western" world however they are much more discreet about it.

Here pretty much anything goes and when you have the people in "control" policing everybody, there is no accountability.

We went thru a check stop the other day and my wife points to a police officer "see that guy with the glasses, he controls the Yaba trade in this region" how do you know this - "everybody knows"😂 555

I think in the States it goes by the term "campaign contribution" rather than "bribery"

This is basically the same problem he had before , when he was demoted, hidden away in an office, because he stepped on the toes of immigration. Maybe he’s gone a step too far? The illegal gambling set up is massive .Big money.