Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

"I've only seen video of them restraining the cop,...."

And who was taking the video? obviously someone pretty close to the situation who does not appear to be fazed by the fact that a gun is being waved about?

What does this have to do in any way with the point there appears to be no evidence of road traffic offenses besides what the Police said happened?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

So what?

It were 2 foreign idiots who should be jailed for a long time then deported and never allowed in again.

...if they keep deporting foreigners then at this rate there will only be you and Ralf001 left!

bob.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ryandb said:

What does this have to do in any way with the point there appears to be no evidence of road traffic offenses besides what the Police said happened?

1 minute ago, ryandb said:

What does THIS have to do in any way with the point I was making about who was taking the video?

4 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Amazing how many take the police announcement to be 100% factual 

Hard to argue with video evidence. The second guessing about a "possible" unjustified traffic stop, subsequent shakedown, or fears of persecution will never justify or negate what's in the video. It was a TRAFFIC stop. There are now only excuses, made by 2 NZ guys with more brawn than brains. You have to be boarder line psychotic to escalate, even an unjustified traffic stop, in broad daylight, in front of witnesses, by even the worse of cops, asking for money, to a wrestling match over a live firearm. Until more people in Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui become enraged by the level of lawlessness by foreigners, and stop blaming the police, nothing improves. And that's the saddest part of all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

What does THIS have to do in any way with the point I was making about who was taking the video?

Well, you were replying to my comment so I stuck to the parameters of what I said.

But talking about who was taking the video and trying to guess their state of mind is conjecture and does not add anything to the story right now, once they make a statement or their statement is released then that will enlighten us.

Do NOT  f@$ck with cops in Thailand,  especially tourists,  big big big mistake,  especially holding a cops gun,   GOODBYE KIWIS,   you just earned yourself a extra long stay in Thailand,  extra 15 years each,   but the good news is..... you don't need to do your 90 days online report.   

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, RobU said:

The first linked article says nothing about a policeman on his way to work. In fact it states that the assailant who killed the woman was unknown how is that evidence of 'trigger happy' police?

OMG, got me!  I guess that one news story was the end of the matter.

Phuket Pub Killing: Policeman Surrenders, Says Bullet Wasn't Intended for Woman's Head - Phuket Wan

I hadn't posted this follow up because quoting the source was against forum rules. It's long defunct and possibly no longer such.

7 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

Stopt comments, you don’t know what the cop did.

first off all both Not speeding, wearing helmets, not drive fast.

police just stop them for get money an thay refuse to pay and the cop get agressieve. Attaque the guy and he  just protect himself. Police man try to shoot him so he throw away the gun, his friend take out the magazine so no further harm can be done.

the dirty Cops just want to exstore  money from them and one get aggressive.

happened to me also before.  
it’s all about get the farang money, this how it’s works in Thailand.  

Sensible opinion , given the way of life in Thailand . I am of the same opinion .

5 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Hard to argue with video evidence. The second guessing about a "possible" unjustified traffic stop, subsequent shakedown, or fears of persecution will never justify or negate what's in the video. It was a TRAFFIC stop. There are now only excuses, made by 2 NZ guys with more brawn than brains. You have to be boarder line psychotic to escalate, even an unjustified traffic stop, in broad daylight, in front of witnesses, by even the worse of cops, asking for money, to a wrestling match over a live firearm. Until more people in Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui become enraged by the level of lawlessness by foreigners, and stop blaming the police, nothing improves. And that's the saddest part of all. 

You are referring to a small snippet of video of a much larger incident, we don't have the facts. We don't know who escalated the situation either, we only know the 2 NZers restrained the cop and took his gun and discharged it.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, superal said:

BTW , the headline said  

Yeah, so scared they didn't run off, just decided to hang out with the cop after the wrestling match to chat about it. 😂

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, superal said:

I would like to view the entire cop camera video from before the arrest and the start of the resistance . Thai traffic cops are known to extort money from innocent falangs . With a gun to your head and a cocked trigger , I would not be surprised at resistance 

Really ?All that?

A gun to my head and i will not resist at all!

If you have a valid license and are wearing a helmet and obey the basic traffic laws you will have little trouble with the police here.

What kind of idiot is trying to run from the cops for a lousy 500 baht?

These two idiots did and see what it got them.

How many people have gotten shot by the police over there?

Yes two totally ignorant arrogant young people.

They will grow up fast now and gain some much needed experience.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, chessman said:

According to news in New Zealand, the two are brothers and their parents are millionaires.

Are they military or ex? 

13 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

police just stop them for get money an thay refuse to pay and the cop get agressieve. Attaque the guy and he  just protect himself. Police man try to shoot him so he throw away the gun, his friend take out the magazine so no further harm can be done.

We didn't know you were there. Was it you who took the video?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There have been quite a number of posters here saying there must be more to this. But you do not assault police officers. Ever. Anywhere. At any time. For any reason. That only ends one way, and in many countries in you being shot dead.

Just drop your trousers and touch your toes eh? or you prefer getting on your knees instead?

Edited by ryandb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

Do NOT  f@$ck with cops in Thailand,  especially tourists,  big big big mistake,  especially holding a cops gun,   GOODBYE KIWIS,   you just earned yourself a extra long stay in Thailand,  extra 15 years each,   but the good news is..... you don't need to do your 90 days online report.   

If a loaded cocked gun was held to your head , what would you do ?  I agree not to argue with the Thai cops , pay the money and go but all the circumstances are not known in this case , only the wrestling at the end with the Thai cop losing the loaded gun . The entire event needs to be shown on their cop video but if not available then its their words against the cops and there is only one outcome .

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

Stop the comments because we don't know what happened  ?????   5555555555,  you just explained the whole story,  not speeding etc etc etc,  cops want money etc.,  extortion etc.,   FFS,  who do you think you are????  F#@NG  QUINCY 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sambum said:

What's all that about? Not making excuses for the pair, but who was taking the video while the cop was being attacked? (Obviously not CCTV!) If it was being "recorded by the police", how is it that they didn't step in to help their colleague? It also appears that one of the "farangs" discharges the weapon thereby rendering it pretty harmless. Maybe the officer threatened them with it?

???????????????

The vdo looks like a phone camera vdo being taken by a civilian that was hiding from possibly being attacked, or shot.

Looks to me the cop was on his own, and the other cops turned up after it was over.

How does discharging a weapon render it harmless? One removes the magazine and the chambered round to make a gun harmless, not firing a bullet which might ricochet and injure a bystander.

Whether he threatened them or not is irrelevant. If one is a visitor in a country which isn't populated by the woke and with an ineffectual police force like back home ( where I have seen the cops laughed at because the scum thugs know that the cops are ineffectual and won't do anything about it ), one doesn't attack the cops after evading a traffic stop and breaking traffic laws, unless they want to be in strife. The guy attacking the cop was lucky not to be shot.

I've seen plenty like them in Pattaya where they hire a large m'bike and speed as if they own the road. They don't impress me in the slightest.

I just hope the NZ government doesn't waste any effort trying to get them off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ryandb said:
5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There have been quite a number of posters here saying there must be more to this. But you do not assault police officers. Ever. Anywhere. At any time. For any reason. That only ends one way, and in many countries in you being shot dead.

Just drop your trousers and touch your toes eh? or you prefer getting on your knees instead?

I repeat - That only ends one way, and in many countries in you being shot dead. But you obviously would take that chance. Good luck. Or are you just making big talk?

52 minutes ago, ryandb said:

This is dumb as, yes there are violent MMA fighters (War Machine and Fedor's bro being the best example, you'll have to give me an example of Fedor being violent outside of the cage as young boys fighting is normal) but most of them are extremely calm in altercations due to the fact they know how to handle themselves, it's usually untrained people who react aggressively.

In fact there's dozens of examples of former criminals/violent people changing once they take up martial arts and boxing gyms for example are one of the best ways to teach young boys how to control themselves.

I agree on your point, but I would guess that most of the clowns that come here to do this are violent people at heart, and simply want to get laid and drunk and then get more testosteroned up and show off their new skills. They are not professional anything. Watch the Fedor documentary if you will and hear what his mother says about him. BTW, I really enjoy PRIDE,UFC ETC..., but not on the streets by stoned idiots.

10 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Well, you were replying to my comment so I stuck to the parameters of what I said.

But talking about who was taking the video and trying to guess their state of mind is conjecture and does not add anything to the story right now, once they make a statement or their statement is released then that will enlighten us.

I was replying to your comment because it does seem odd that someone (Not CCTV) was taking a video of the situation, and from what has been said already, it would "appear that" that person is another cop, and I was implying that if it was,why didn't he jump in to help? 

19 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Na, just friendly advice not to call people idiots.

OK, but the guy attacking the cop is IMO at a minimum an idiot. Where did he think he was? Presumably back in NZ where he could get away with breaking traffic laws.

Doesn't look like the other guy was involved other than handling the cop's gun, so he might not be an idiot, except for riding a m'bike for which he will likely not get insurance if if an accident.